The Matrix, only worth 2 films not 3?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

GoldenSpike
After seeing reloaded I really think that originally the story was only going to be 2 films long, as a lot of reloaded is crappy speeches about nothing and the incredibly pointless dance scene when they're in xion.
I felt like there was only about 10 minutes of actual plot in Reloaded spanning 2 and half hours. Hopefully revolutions will be better, but its annoying that they had to be greedy and make 3 films instead of 2.

maul's woman
Want to know something....MATRIX REVOLUTIONS will be the same. Why?

Because it won't be better for you because you have written over and off in your mind instead of letting the film carry you on it's own.

justinday15
Im glad they're making 3 movies, instead of 2.

nopy
I agree with goldenspike. Too long ang too drawn out

maul's woman
no it wasn't. big grin

Virus
i think they could have compressed it into one film if they wanted, but i think it's much better to have two films. and if they had to cram they story into one film, it would probably be really long..and it wouldnt be right to have the sequel three times longer than the original

Captain REX
Plus, no one wants to sit through a 5 hour film... sick

Welcome to the boards, Virus, Nopy, GoldenSpike.

turin
i totally disagree, looking back i cant really think of any scene they could have cut out to add what is in the next film. they could have cut down on the fight scenes but that is what a lot of people go to it for and the dialog was crucial.

Myndon
I think it is should be 3 films, because then it doesn't just rush you right to the solution of why Neo could stop the Sentinals, what happened to Zion when your only just told its going to be destroyed and what happens to the Matrix

justinday15
I agree with Myndon. Happy Dance

Icharus
Totally - three films is better, gets you thinking in between. Plus 'the Matrix trilogy' sounds better than um..... 'the two Matrix movies'.

Besides, we'll all realise just how important and intricate the small details and all the dialogues are to the film, when revolutions is released.

Also on the rave - I thought that scene was genius! It showed how man worked together, all cultures and races, not fighting over religious differences. They have come together on a common enemy - machines. Think what you like but this scene plants sub-concious thoughts of unity into your mind - especially with Neo and Trinity making love also. The thing that bakes your noodle though is when the raving stops, and trinity is shot in Neo's dream - expressing the fate of Trinity and the fate of Zion.

Hope I've made some sence....

Tex
They should've stopped at 1.

GoldenSpike
You must be very, very bored...

BEST TRINITY
ITS EXACTLY MY FEELINGS TOO ICHARUS. I VE BEEN DREAMING A DREAM HERE IN MY COUNTRY ABOUT MATRIX I CANT LET IT GO

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.