Free World Battle-let the games begin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
This is something like a Battle Zone but anyone can play the field. The first 3 pages of this consist of people choosing their characters. Once we get to the 4th page, whatever your last decision was is set in stone. Only 2 characters can be chosen for this battle and whatever characters you choose has to be in the meta tier or below. TWO characters. All contestants start at their home location and you can strategize from there.

Rules...

Everyone receives a tracker that can trace their opponents within a 200 mile radius.

Whatever character you choose, you control said character. As long as the showing exist it can be used.

Battle Field removal is allowed but the maximum time for removal is 5 seconds. After that, said opponent is transported back onto the battle field (home location). No transporting inside of a sun, black hole, anywhere that could damage said opponent.

Characters that can achieve light speed is banned.

This doesn't end until we are down to the last contestant.

If you can think of other rules that will make things interesting, please let me know.

Martian_mind
So, we choose one character, and then have one opportunity to change them?

Or are we choosing two characters?

carver9
Two characters within the meta tier or below. Nothing higher.

Martian_mind
And are these two characters independent of each other, or are they an amalgamation?

carver9
Amalgamation

DarkSaint85
Carnage and Ambrose Chase.

ghostman
i choose the vision and mirror master

DarkSaint85
Just for those who are interested/scared - I alas would not be participating, due to time constraints.

However, I am happy to add potential drafts, a la Id in the Mid-Herald tourney.

May he who dies, die well.

DarkSaint85
Multiple Man and....Ghost Rider? Sasquatch (who can then go Great Beast, so you actually field and army of 1000 Tanaraqs??)

Mandarin and Morlun?

Fearsome combos!

If ALL showings are allowed (canon, obv) what does that mean for equipment? Batman with the Justice Buster, Hellbat armour? Aquaman with Water Hand?

DarkSaint85
Multiple man really is a stunning pick, Imo.

Tag him with ragman....the sheer number of souls you could create, then absorb, then create again....you could field an army of 1000 Ragmen, each with 100 souls (though obv, 1000 Tanaraqs is still pretty uber).

Miss Martian with the Human Torch unleashes Fernus the Burning.

Abomination with She Hulk gives Abomination with the power to amp his strength, like another Gamma creation....

Fantomex should be up there too....

DarkSaint85
Jamie Reyes Blue Beetle (give me options to deal with the Spectre!!)

+

Rose Tattoo (given time, she can kill anything).

Blair Wind
Right off the bat, first idea would be Multiple Man + Exiles Mimic. MM can make 1000 copies, and each copy can make 500 of his own copies and as long as each copy mimics the original, they can each top out at 500 going on.

carver9
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Multiple Man and....Ghost Rider? Sasquatch (who can then go Great Beast, so you actually field and army of 1000 Tanaraqs??)

Mandarin and Morlun?

Fearsome combos!

If ALL showings are allowed (canon, obv) what does that mean for equipment? Batman with the Justice Buster, Hellbat armour? Aquaman with Water Hand?

No outside equipment. Just abilities that are on you. You can not amp yourself past the meta tier.

StiltmanFTW
Wolverine + Flash

carver9
Flash is abstract at his lowest power level.

StiltmanFTW
Doesn't have to be Wally or Barry. There have been dozens of Flashes; pretty sure there are ones that still belong to the meta tier while being superior to Quicksilver.

golem370
Just wanted to try to make character options.
Cannonball/Colossus
Aurora/Cannonball
Omega Red/Sabastian Shaw

DarkSaint85
Mimic and any speedster.

The instant the battle starts? You're mimicked. Except your opponent can do everything you do....but faster.

carver9
Mimic and any speedster.

The instant the battle starts? You're mimicked. Except your opponent can do everything you do....but faster.

You have more than one opponent.

ghostman
Mimic and any speedster.

thats why i chose MM experience with speedsters and the neccesary tools to deal with them.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by ghostman
thats why i chose MM experience with speedsters and the neccesary tools to deal with them.

Except with Mimic, your opponent can also do what MM can do, only faster.

ghostman

well, that depends, can mimic mimic a persons powers in another dimension?

DarkSaint85
Guess we'd have to see if someone chooses them in the BZ!

golem370
An amalgam of Colossus/Cannonball would be tough as would Cannonball with someone that can fly just under the lightspeed limit in Aurora.

DarkSaint85
A power dampener, like Leech or Aquarian, with....

Karate Kid.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by carver9
You have more than one opponent.

Even better. At one point, Mimic could do more than five mutants at a time.

DarkSaint85
A technomorph (Cyborg, Machine Man, Warlock etc) with......Reed Richards.

Anything he has ever invented, or made, now with the ability to instantly make it.

Khazra Reborn
Luke Skywalker and Pitt?

DarkSaint85
Nico Minoru....with Miss Martian.

Super speed spells, a near endless supply of regenerating blood....and EVERY spell Nico has ever said, now said in Martian.

Martian_mind
Even better. At one point, Mimic could do more than five mutants at a time.

Heh.

leonidas
so, what? just anyone listed in the meta tier? cuz i've already seen a few names that should be disallowed or loopholed out of consideration.... it's sort of interesting though. maybe i'll put some names in if i can get in before the pages are filled with people randomly naming every meta in existence and sticking them together. no expression

carver9
Remember, point out the gaps and flaws do that wreck can make adjustments before getting to page 4. After that, anything goes. I already see issues with multiple man. Mimic is ok because he can only take half of a person's power...he isn't as fluent with them at full power and he doesn't gain the ability of knowing how to use said power right away. Example...he had Northstar speed but only half of it. Aquarian is eliminated. The character is irritating.

DarkSaint85
Hahaha.

I love loopholes.

But if Mimic is allowed, better pair them up with a character who boosts powers.....someone from the Wildstorm Universe, who is in the tiering thread, perhaps......

Then you would have a Mimic who is MORE powerful than the original, regardless of opponents thumb up

Parmaniac
The first 2 pages obviously went well with drafting and prepping thumb up

Sin I AM
Almost all characters mentioned arent metas

DarkSaint85
They're all in the meta tier as per KMC. Well, some are lower than High Meta....

But if people want to stack Cage on top of Aurora or something, that's also coo.

Digi

I've used Mimic before in a tourney setting. He isn't the world-beater you're making him out to be. Specifically, he had issues using more than one power at a time. When you're having to chain together strategies mid-battle to counter your opponent, this gets hairy in a hurry.

Also, if this is legit, why are we spamming the thread with draft ideas?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Digi
I've used Mimic before. He isn't the world-beater you're making him out to be. Specifically, he had issues using more than one power at a time. When you're having to chain together strategies mid-battle to counter your opponent, this gets hairy in a hurry.

Also, if this is legit, why are we spamming the thread with draft ideas?

Hence, speediness tacked on top.

I'm trying to drum up interest, I guess. Make people think, wow, there are some pretty funky picks out there. Id did something similar in the mid herald tourney, and it made things pretty fresh. For me, anyway.

Sin I AM
They're all in the meta tier as per KMC. Well, some are lower than High Meta....

But if people want to stack Cage on top of Aurora or something, that's also coo.

Um no they arent. Some are legit heralds. That tier list is wrong

DarkSaint85
Then I guess Carver better get on it, as I've pointed out several combos that may be illegal.

And this is why I spam.

Digi
Hence, speediness tacked on top.

I'm trying to drum up interest, I guess. Make people think, wow, there are some pretty funky picks out there. Id did something similar in the mid herald tourney, and it made things pretty fresh. For me, anyway.

Then I guess Carver better get on it, as I've pointed out several combos that may be illegal.

And this is why I spam.

Fair enough. thumb up

With his "standard" powers, Mimic already has superspeed. I get that amalgamating him with another speedster opens up some possibilities. But it's still not a catch-all.

I had him amalgamated - albeit not with a speedster - and got my ass handed to me, which is rare for me in a tourney setting. I like some of the Mimic ideas being thrown about; both yours and Blair's have some good potential. But I do think you're overselling him.

DarkSaint85
thumb up Of course, and I'd hope whoever picks any of my combos (if they're picked) would do their own homework and understand their limitations. I'm not fighting anyone's battles.

But if the entire High Meta tier as it stands on KMC is up for grabs, and anything goes (except for Aquarian), then:

Time manipulators like Ambrose Chase (and by extension, people like Rip Hunter) are allowed?

Multiple Man is allowed? Then you can field and army of Ghost Riders, or Mandarins etc....

Carver has already specified no amping beyond the High Meta, so guess that means She Hulk's amping + Abomination's base strength is not allowed.

Leech is allowed? I see a fair few mutant picks. How about possession, like Deadman? She Hulk also knows Ovoid Mind Transfers, and she still has her 4th wall weirdness (carver said ANYTHING goes).

Offensive teleportation is allowed? So BFR is allowed for five seconds....if Midnighter (yes, Digi, I know you disapprove of his door use) split someone in half, and after five seconds they returned split in two....is that allowed?

Just some questions to mull over.

leonidas
yeah, that's what i was getting at with my earlier question when i asked is just ANYONE meta or below acceptable? no powers that would be banned? appearance limit?

StiltmanFTW
Pr will close this thread soon. Otherwise the carver virus will spread.

Digi
Ambrose Chase is high meta? We used to have an appearance minimum for tourneys as well, which probably would have hindered him.

DarkSaint85
According to the thread, he's Low Meta.

As he's not widely known, Carver may have OKd him without knowing the implications.

darthgoober
In a group battle, Longshot vs Black Cat(bad luck version) would be virtually unbeatable. Every speedster trips, every flyer zigs when they should zag, every invulnerable opponent gets hit on their "weak spot", weapons blow up in their user's hands... until it's down to only two men standing. One of which is tip top shape cause he SOMEHOW managed to stay in everyone's blind spots, and the other guy is hanging on by a thread after getting worn down by the fights big guns/heavy hitters Happy Dance

darthgoober
^^^
+ not vs lol

ghostman
i think that mimic shit should be banned, along with extreme haxx, it just makes things too easy mad mad mad mad

LordofBrooklyn
Multiple Man and Ghost Rider.

DarkSaint85
Here are my potential drafts. If anyone sees any issues with them, then keep them to yourselves, unless you want the picker to then realise what you're doing yourself, lol.

But so far, they are all legal, and I think they're pretty interesting.

Carnage and Ambrose Chase.
Multiple Man and Ghost Rider/Sasquatch/Mandarin/Ragman/
Mandarin and Morlun
Miss Martian and Human Torch/Nico Minoru/Holocaust
Jamie Reyes and Rose Tattoo
Mimic and Northstar/Aurora or Rogue
Leech and Karate Kid
Reed Richards and Cyborg/Warlock/Machine Man
Rip Hunter and Northstar
She-Hulk and a speedster

That's not even getting into the weird ones like Dust, or Zzax etc. Good fighting, guys!

Digi
Here, for anyone interested in finding their own loopholes, or getting stuff banned so it's not a complete sh*tshow:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=8474873#post8474873

The "Establishing Rules" section of that post is a good primer for common tourney strategies that are often considered "loopholes."

But so far, they are all legal, and I think they're pretty interesting.

Heh. Times have changed. People used to get yelled out of threads for sharing this stuff until tourneys were over and done with.

Anyway, interesting, yes. But has anything at all been banned yet? The OP only mentions some BFR stuff and lightspeed. Unless this is a VERY "anything goes" match, there's nothing close to a rule structure in place.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Digi
Here, for anyone interested in finding their own loopholes, or getting stuff banned so it's not a complete sh*tshow:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=8474873#post8474873

The "Establishing Rules" section of that post is a good primer for common tourney strategies that are often considered "loopholes."

Heh. Times have changed. People used to get yelled out of threads for sharing this stuff until tourneys were over and done with.

Anyway, interesting, yes. But has anything at all been banned yet? The OP only mentions some BFR stuff and lightspeed. Unless this is a VERY "anything goes" match, there's nothing close to a rule structure in place.

Boo! But I take your point.

So far, Carver has banned Aquarian outright, amping beyond the High Meta limit (so Sasquatch can't unleash a Great Beast, nor can Abom+She-Hulk = Hulk), BFR is limited to 5 seconds and no teleporting to 'harmful' areas, and lightspeed. But he DID say ANYTHING goes. If it has been shown on panel, in a canon comic, it is fair game.

maxivitopowe
Rockslide + Young Jean Grey
+ Gambit
+ Quicksilver
+ Guardian Venom
+ Karate Kid
+ Rogue
+ Sebastian Shaw

+ Halo or Dabbler

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.