Elixir's true potential

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

hutchy1345
This character is really interesting to me
How powerful could he have really become?
Could he give himself any power and become invincible?
Could he become the most powerful mutant and beat the likes of franklin richards?

Sin I AM
No. He seemed extremely limited in what he could do

hutchy1345
Seemed like a character with great potential if written correctly
oh well

AlmightyKfish
It very much was hinted he could become up there with some of the better Omega level mutants, but given enough time.

I mean we saw the slow escalation of his powers, first he could heal, then learnt how to manipulate biology to kill, the he had to Cuckoos dump all of Beasts medical and biology knowledge into his head and was able to do stuff like recreate Prodigy's heart after Belasco ripped it out, quick enough so that there was no brain damage.

Then even when he got shot by the Dark Riders he literally mass healed a bunch of major bullet wounds at once on like, 10 + people.

Baically I think he had the potential to be pretty powerful, albeit probably not on the level of the highest Omega's like Franklin etc who just have ludicrous reality warping powers.

Magnon
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
Baically I think he had the potential to be pretty powerful, albeit probably not on the level of the highest Omega's like Franklin etc who just have ludicrous reality warping powers.
Omega means that he had LIMITLESS potential in biokinesis. He had the potential to be just as strong in biokinesis as Franklin is in reality warping. Otherwise he wouldn't have been omega.

AlmightyKfish
Yeah but limitless potential for biokinesis is less powerful than limitless reality warping.

As biokinesis is something a reality warper can do. Essentially at their highest potential, Elixer would have crazy biokinesis but only that, whereas Franklin could do anything Elixer could and far more.

We've seen this with the likes of MJJ and Jamie Braddock who are mutants with ludicrous reality warping power and they just warp people into whatever they feel like. The same with other Marvel reality warpers like Molecule Man who manipulate biology however they want.

Sin I AM
Wouldn't unlimited biokinesis grant elixir similar powers to Franklin

Magnon
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Wouldn't unlimited biokinesis grant elixir similar powers to Franklin
Hypothetically yes. He could change his own genetic structure to resemble that of Franklin, for example.

AlmightyKfish
It wouldn't let him warp reality like Franklin does.

I mean sure it would give him unlimited control over biology essentially, but I mean Franklin's reality warping lets him do that along with other matter, energy, time and space etc.

I mean there's no way Elixer's power, even at it's highest levels would let him create pocket universes like Franklin has.

I'd put him with like, full potential Ice-man- they would potentially have immensely powerful control over a specific thing, but the most powerful mutants who warp reality will always be a tier above.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Magnon
Hypothetically yes. He could change his own genetic structure to resemble that of Franklin, for example.

Yea...POTENTIALLY he could surpass franklin.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
It wouldn't let him warp reality like Franklin does.

I mean sure it would give him unlimited control over biology essentially, but I mean Franklin's reality warping lets him do that along with other matter, energy, time and space etc.

I mean there's no way Elixer's power, even at it's highest levels would let him create pocket universes like Franklin has.

I'd put him with like, full potential Ice-man- they would potentially have immensely powerful control over a specific thing, but the most powerful mutants who warp reality will always be a tier above.

I think you're wrong. Why wouldn't he be able to replicate his powers...all he'd need to do is match his genetics

AlmightyKfish
Eh that's a good point, but I mean even with that he could only equal someone like Franklin.

That being said I don't know whether that would exactly work, I mean the exact workings of the X-gene have been pretty inconsistent.

hutchy1345
Theoretically he could become stronger than anyone because he could, for example, take franklin richards powers and become a high tier reality warper, then he could take legions powers and probably be able to counter the weakness and mental issues to use all personalities at once
Idk
But to me he seems like he could have become the most powerful mutant ever

Sin I AM
Originally posted by hutchy1345
Theoretically he could become stronger than anyone because he could, for example, take franklin richards powers and become a high tier reality warper, then he could take legions powers and probably be able to counter the weakness and mental issues to use all personalities at once
Idk
But to me he seems like he could have become the most powerful mutant ever

True. But it's really all guess work. He shouldn't have been killed off so easily imo

hutchy1345
Yeah, he was a cool character

Surtur
So just for example, he'd use biokinesis to do something like open a portal to another dimension...how? Or what about altering the flow of time? Teleportation? Mind reading? Telekinesis? Pyrokinesis? Sound manipulation? Energy blasts? Opening up black holes? Magnetic powers? Resurrecting the dead?( I mean someone whose body is utterly destroyed)

DarkSaint85
He'd do all that by copying Franklins' genetic code, effectively becoming his twin. And as allllllll mutant powers, in all their shapes and forms, are down to their genes.....

Surtur
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
He'd do all that by copying Franklins' genetic code, effectively becoming his twin. And as allllllll mutant powers, in all their shapes and forms, are down to their genes.....

So he'd do it only by copying someone elses powers. In other words he'd be up shit creek if he didn't have another mutants genes to copy.

If he tried to copy Franklins genes and ol Franky decided he didn't want Elixir to do this, what would happen?

DarkSaint85
Well, didn't he have all of Beast's knowledge and databases in him at one point? So he could theoretically just do it in isolation, without anyone needing to be there.

Surtur
Is Franklin even in the databse? Like Beast has a genetic sample of Franklin Richards? Has Elixir ever even copied the genes of someone else to get their power? You'd think if he could rebuild a heart easily and all that..just making a mere copy of genes would be childs play.

Is Franklin a normal mutant? I only ask because his parents were mutated by cosmic rays as opposed to just being born with powers. Though it wouldn't surprise if they tried to change it to "no the rays just unlocked their mutant gene".

DarkSaint85
Hence what we've all been saying....hypothetically, theoretically, potentially.

Surtur
I guess, but I figured there was at least some feat to build off of that would make you think he could copy god like power.

Like him giving himself a weaker version of some mutants power, etc.

Surtur
Here is the ultimate question: Could Elixir roofie a chick just by touching her?

Sin I AM
Well, didn't he have all of Beast's knowledge and databases in him at one point? So he could theoretically just do it in isolation, without anyone needing to be there.

This. He doesn't even need to touch franklin. Franklin isn't even the most powerful mutant. If he has complete control over his body he could just evolve to a god like state.

Surtur
This. He doesn't even need to touch franklin. Franklin isn't even the most powerful mutant. If he has complete control over his body he could just evolve to a god like state.

But again I ask..does Beasts database just have like..a copy of Franklin's genetic sequence?

As for evolving..I don't know, I know this is discussing his true potential, but I feel like we'd have to at least have something to go on first before we say he could do something. Such as..Elixir partially copying a mutants power via modifying his genes, that would tell me that yes at full potential he could copy the full power of people.

I also thought that while Elixir is an omega level mutant..Franklin is FAR beyond that, right?

hutchy1345
Originally posted by Surtur
But again I ask..does Beasts database just have like..a copy of Franklin's genetic sequence?

As for evolving..I don't know, I know this is discussing his true potential, but I feel like we'd have to at least have something to go on first before we say he could do something. Such as..Elixir partially copying a mutants power via modifying his genes, that would tell me that yes at full potential he could copy the full power of people.

I also thought that while Elixir is an omega level mutant..Franklin is FAR beyond that, right?
Elixir is supposed to have unlimited potential in control over biology, right? So I think it's safe to assume he could manipulate his (or others) genetics. The application of this could be ridiculous as we've speculated, could even go as far as instantly removing franklin's powers, not that I think he would let him do that.

"Id"
He never reached that level of understanding or mastery of his powers....even with Beasts Knowldge.

So all we can do is assume. But in the end we are left with what he did accomplished.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Surtur

No such thing as beyond omega. And even adult franklin is still beneath others

zopzop
This is how you know Doom is a moron. You'd think he'd get DNA samples of Franklin and create a clone that's loyal to him and then take over the world.

Luthor would have done it already.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by zopzop
This is how you know Doom is a moron. You'd think he'd get DNA samples of Franklin and create a clone that's loyal to him and then take over the world.

Luthor would have done it already.

Id take Valeria over Franklin anyday

StiltmanFTW
thumb up

Far better character.

Sin I AM
Franklin should've stayed dead in dofp

hutchy1345
No such thing as beyond omega. And even adult franklin is still beneath others

There are mutants stronger than him?

Sin I AM
Scarlet Witch. Braddock. Jaspers. Etc

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.