Amped Mace Windu vs. Amped Jaina

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Ellimist
Jaina being amped by Luke in LotF Invincible

FreshestSlice
Jaina.

Syndicate
Mace.

The Ellimist
It's implied that amped Jaina has Luke's Force power.

JKBart
Eternal stalemate

NewGuy01
I've never seen conclusive evidence pointing towards Luke amplifying Jaina's force powers through some unheard of means.

Regardless, Mace as he fought Palpatine >> Jaina as she fought Caedus.

The Ellimist
It seems pretty clear he was.

1. Luke stopped moving or talking.
2. Caedus literally saw Jaina as Luke.
3. Jaina was out matching Caedus despite being far weaker than him in every other encounter.
4. Jaina feels like she's superman.
5. Jaina then reverts back to her normal level.
6. Caedus sees her as Jaina again.
7. Luke returns "to life".

NewGuy01
These two things are independent of whether or not Jaina's powers were being amplified; Luke was casting an illusion.

She was definitely in top-shape there, but in a general sense I disagree; most of why she fared better was because Caedus thought she was Luke and was therefore fighting more reservedly.

Anakin said almost the exact same things she did on the Invisible Hand, but only the silliest of users would insinuate that Palpatine amplified his powers. What makes this case so much different? What clues were there in the text that support the idea that Luke was responsible for Jaina's high-end performance?

Refer to my first point.

The Ellimist
I would need to get the book again to analyze this in more detail, I'll just say from memory that:

1. You usually don't have to go into some weird trance to cast an illusion.
2. If Luke was going to put his face on Jaina, why couldn't he just go another step and amp her? He knows battle meditation so he clearly could do so.
3. If Caedus thought he was fighting Luke, why wouldn't he make a note that Luke seemed to be weak/only as powerful as his sister? That difference is massive.
4. Is it just a coincidence that Jaina felt super-powerful right when Luke was making her look like him?
5. Why is it that Jaina feels the energy and superman feeling leave her and she starts getting owned by Caedus right when Caedus sees that she's Jaina?

NewGuy01
There was no mention of Battle Meditation, and the descriptions we get from Jaina don't quite match up with the known effects of Battle Meditation either. (Although, then again, the descriptions of it in RoT are also contradictory)

It's possible he was aiding her through some other technique too, but I haven't a clue as to what that would be.

Jaina's the combat equal of anyone in the Order, brush. And regardless it's stated in the text that she was feeling much more powerful than she normally did. Whether or not that had to do with Luke is the question; the text certainly provides no clues towards that end.

They don't even continue fighting after he realizes she's Jaina, what do you mean? As for her suddenly feeling drained after the fight was over, that doesn't strike me as particularly odd either.

SunRazer
Originally posted by NewGuy01
I've never seen conclusive evidence pointing towards Luke amplifying Jaina's force powers through some unheard of means.

Regardless, Mace as he fought Palpatine >> Jaina as she fought Caedus.

The Ellimist
I'd have to look at the passage again. I am pretty sure the narrator makes a point of mentioning that Jaina's uber-Force powers leave her around the time the illusion stops, and then she tries to attack Caedus but gets owned. If that's true, and just in general, it seems like an odd coincidence that Jaina would experience some super-power and a mysterious illusion that befuddles Jacen, but not have any external amp. Most "in teh zone" moments are explained by some sort of emotional state - Jaina's is far more sudden and arbitrary, and there's no effort to show it being the product of anything internal.

NewGuy01
The first part is true, I'm not sure about the last part. IIRC she barely had the strength to stand after Caedus stated chasing after Luke's illusion, so if she did attack him I imagine it was either a while later or while she's over exhausted.

Regardless, though, I think this is all besides the point of the thread. Whether or not Luke was helping her or not, the fight is Jaina (vs Caedus) vs Mace (vs Sidious), and Mace wins.

The Ellimist
We can't really resolve this unless if I bother to look at the passage.

Until I do I will say that if I'm right, the point could be made that Jaina's raw power was equal to Luke's at that time, in which case I do think that Windu gets destroyed.

FreshestSlice
>Mace is totally Sidious-tier
>can't even insta-stomp Maul

NewGuy01
Originally posted by The Ellimist
Until I do I will say that if I'm right, the point could be made that Jaina's raw power was equal to Luke's at that time, in which case I do think that Windu gets destroyed.

How?

The Ellimist
If the gig was to make Caedus think Jaina was Luke, that wouldn't work really well if Jaina were super-weak compared to him.

NewGuy01
And the guy who's supposedly overwhelming Sidious would be infinitely weaker than a fake Luke who was still losing to a weakened Caedus. Right.

The Ellimist
Windu would be weaker than Luke by a noticeable margin, yeah.

Actually, Fake Luke was winning until Caedus threw a mando at her. She was the better swordsman, but perhaps not as tactically capable/engrossed in her 1337 abilities. Even then, she was perfectly aware of Caedus's attempt to pin a detonator on her and struck back, and then lost her powers.

If this Jaina = Luke, which I'm taking for granted out of laziness in looking at the package, it would come down to a question of Jaina's raw power advantage and Windu's probable technical advantage.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.