Maul (Rebels) vs. Darth Maul (SoD)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

|King Joker|

Syndicate
SoD stomps.

Emperordmb
Rebels Maul based on the evidence in the OP.

FreshestSlice
Who even cares about evidence when you have that grorious opinion? Maul obviously has grown weaker because he didn't lolstomp Kanan and Ahsoka at the same time. It's the only thing that makes sense.

Kurk
SoD in my personal opinion. It was always Maul's physique which gave him an edge. Now he's just a sith version of Ben Kenobi

|King Joker|
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Who even cares about evidence when you have that grorious opinion? Maul obviously has grown weaker because he didn't lolstomp Kanan and Ahsoka at the same time. It's the only thing that makes sense. http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/14/147508/4842692-sw+%2812%29.gif

carthage
ILS dies

|King Joker|
http://33.media.tumblr.com/034d57b8f4e4c20d4d86c5ef03f950bc/tumblr_nwdox6vRQc1uf9p92o2_r1_250.gif
http://followgreg.com/gregoryng/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/medium_felldown-1.jpg

Zenwolf
Gained new abilities...yet didn't even show them in the final when they could have been useful..

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by |King Joker|
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/14/147508/4842692-sw+%2812%29.gif
Concession accepted. smile

Rebel95
Maybe grew more powerful in the force but not as physically strong/skilled as before

|King Joker|
He's obviously still physically fit, though admittedly probably not to the same extent as before, but if he has indeed grown more powerful, it should easily make up the physical disparity and possibly even increase his physical capability via Force augmentation.

Concession accepted. smile homo

FreshestSlice
Cotton picker.

|King Joker|
LMFAO

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Aight, tacking on one W for Freshest today. smile

NewGuy01
SoD Maul; it's hardly a stomp, though.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by NewGuy01
SoD Maul; it's hardly a stomp, though. Why does he win?

NewGuy01
Rebels Maul past his glory days, bruh. And seems to struggle more with suspending the Seventh Sister than Obi-Wan, so I'm going to have to question that force edge he supposedly has too, unfortunately.

|King Joker|
Rebels Maul past his glory days, bruh. And seems to struggle more with suspending the Seventh Sister than Obi-Wan, so I'm going to have to question that force edge he supposedly has too, unfortunately. Wouldn't you as well, if the empire you built was dismantled and everything you've achieved was destroyed and you were living as a hermit? His longing for his past power (likely in a different sense, i.e. political power, being a relevant galactic figure, and someone with potential) doesn't reflect a degradation in his current combative abilities. I also don't see how he was struggling at all against either, honestly (Kenobi was also concussed, if we're thinking of the same thing).

NewGuy01
We are not.

Emperordmb
Yeah he didn't really struggle lol

|King Joker|
We are not. What are you referring to, then? smile

NewGuy01
Sith Hunters. And yes, DMB, he was visibly struggling to keep SS suspended.

|King Joker|
Legends, hoe. smile And no, he really wasn't.

Emperordmb
Well he was yelling and grunting and snarling... Which is pretty standard for him in any situation.

Kurk
Also the fact he failed that miserably against Kanan speaks for itself.

Emperordmb
Right I suppose TPM Kenobi, Pirates, and Embo's dog are a step up from that thumb up

|King Joker|
Originally posted by Kurk
Also the fact he failed that miserably against Kanan speaks for itself. https://66.media.tumblr.com/92421b131c806967a34fdb30d20c0375/tumblr_mz18v0g8ga1rflq7lo1_250.gif

Emperordmb
Yeah if Kanan's doing much better against him than someone who held off Vader is, that defeat is completely and utterly sketchy.

|King Joker|
Stop it. Using logic when discussing Maul's defeat against Kanan is strictly forbidden.

Emperordmb
Kinda the rules the writers of the episode went by tbf

FreshestSlice
Ahsoka is shit. Maul is shit because he didn't behead her. SoD wins 10/10.

Beniboybling
Sith Hunters. And yes, DMB, he was visibly struggling to keep SS suspended. Nah, I assume you're referring to this:

https://i.imgflip.com/15a4zm.gif

However I interpret that as Maul putting more power into the grip so he could maintain her suspension and eviscerate her with his lightsaber simultaneously (without gesture) - which is pretty impressive actually and would constitute a new ability. smile

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Kurk
Also the fact he failed that miserably against Kanan speaks for itself. no It's confirmed to have been Oneness friend.Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Ahsoka is shit. Maul is shit because he didn't behead her. SoD wins 10/10. http://i.imgur.com/UgvS0FT.png

...denial. smile

|King Joker|
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Nah, I assume you're referring to this:

https://i.imgflip.com/15a4zm.gif

However I interpret that as Maul putting more power into the grip so he could maintain her suspension and eviscerate her with his lightsaber simultaneously (without gesture) - which is pretty impressive actually and would constitute a new ability. smile thumb up

Syndicate
New ability huh?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-m2LV9vWzw_k/VIxBV2YK9QI/AAAAAAAGcNM/fXmEx3EKzXY/s1600/p1_26%2Bcopy.jpg

FreshestSlice
Why in the actual **** are you even alive, tbh?

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Syndicate
New ability huh?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-m2LV9vWzw_k/VIxBV2YK9QI/AAAAAAAGcNM/fXmEx3EKzXY/s1600/p1_26%2Bcopy.jpg Ahh, I'm lost... what?

Syndicate
Second panel on the right hand side fam.

|King Joker|
Why is Marek relevant, though...?

FreshestSlice
Rebels Maul and Marek don't even exist in the same continuity. You realize this, yes? And that the ability would be new to Maul, is the point, not everyone?

Syndicate
I'm just saying it's not an ability that we've never seen demonstrated before.

Syndicate
My apologies. I misinterpreted this statement.

"which is pretty impressive actually and would constitute a new ability."

I thought Beni was saying it was a new ability in general.

FreshestSlice
You can hang yourself now.

Syndicate
With what? I live under a bridge.

FreshestSlice
The cables from your computer? Tie them to the railings.

Syndicate
I'm on my phone.

FreshestSlice
We've got time to wait.

|King Joker|
Syndicate, you could always jump off the bridge you're living under. smile

Syndicate
It's not tall enough to kill me. Maybe break a few bones if I aim it just right.

FreshestSlice
That's perfect, actually. Just jump off it over and over again until dead as a doornail.

cs_zoltan
Just fall on your head as you did at birth you imbecile.

Syndicate
Alright I'm going to try it. Wish me luck.

Beniboybling
http://i.imgur.com/ULy7Gsh.png

Lmao

ILS
Maul threads that facilitate organized suicide.

I approve.

AncientPower
Badabing purging, I approve.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by ILS
Maul threads that facilitate organized suicide.

I approve. Who wins? smile

ILS
Who wins? smile I don't find the talk of Maul declining physically being overly compelling given that there's way more examples of Sith growing in overall power despite physical decline (opposed to Ben Kenobi, a Jedi hermit). The Force transcends the physical body until it gets extreme.

He's been building on the teachings he received from Sidious and going through ancient temples, ergo he should be more powerful in the Force than before, which ties into everything combat related. Rebels Maul on that basis is better.

Beniboybling
yes I concur

TgKWindRenegade
Who even cares about evidence when you have that grorious opinion? Maul obviously has grown weaker because he didn't lolstomp Kanan and Ahsoka at the same time. It's the only thing that makes sense. not to mention he couldn't twirl his blade half as fast as savage could twirl his, so even though his force powers increased it couldn't be by to much heck even if he learned some new tricks his younger self was in much better physical condition than the new one even though still in remarkable shape for his age(like 60-80 right?) but yeah he should have stomped konan who left before completing training and also is only a self proclaimed knight(besides ahsoka)

TgKWindRenegade
Originally posted by ILS
I don't find the talk of Maul declining physically being overly compelling given that there's way more examples of Sith growing in overall power despite physical decline (opposed to Ben Kenobi, a Jedi hermit). The Force transcends the physical body until it gets extreme.

He's been building on the teachings he received from Sidious and going through ancient temples, ergo he should be more powerful in the Force than before, which ties into everything combat related. Rebels Maul on that basis is better. Anakin lost 4 limbs, quite a few organs, and a lot of his skin... he lost so much potential sidious kept looking to replace him even though he was still top tier, maul lost all of his waist down... I don't think his force potential is gonna be that much more lhh, but if im wrong about the midichlorian logic just tell me

Emperordmb
Except Maul hasn't lost jack shit since TPM, and since TPM he's stated to have only grown more powerful, so suggesting that this limits Maul in Rebels in comparison to his previous peak incarnation where he's already surmounted this weakness kinda doesn't really mean anything.

Zenwolf
Tbh the fact that Vader has grown more powerful and that Maul clearly has grown more powerful, means that the whole mechanical body parts of theirs doesn't affect their powers at all.

Sidious only wanted Luke, not because Vader was lacking, just that Luke was stronger than Vader. That simple.

TgKWindRenegade
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Tbh the fact that Vader has grown more powerful and that Maul clearly has grown more powerful, means that the whole mechanical body parts of theirs doesn't affect their powers at all.

Sidious only wanted Luke, not because Vader was lacking, just that Luke was stronger than Vader. That simple. he also wanted to replace vader with the previous form of maul, no doubt vader was still a beast and luke had much more potential

TgKWindRenegade
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Except Maul hasn't lost jack shit since TPM, and since TPM he's stated to have only grown more powerful, so suggesting that this limits Maul in Rebels in comparison to his previous peak incarnation where he's already surmounted this weakness kinda doesn't really mean anything. from what I know vader only matches up to "Anakin" in the clone wars, but the problem I have with rebels is... maul still had his synthetic red light saber, which he lost a while back... not saying that maul isn't powerful but he wouldn't be strong enough to outclass his former self atleast not to the degree I THINK you assume

ILS

Sidious only wanted Luke, not because Vader was lacking, just that Luke was stronger than Vader. That simple. Did you watch the movies?

Zenwolf
Originally posted by ILS
Did you watch the movies?

Yeah and?

ILS
Yeah and? Vader losing his chance to be the most powerful Force user ever, because he was cut to pieces, is a thing. Sidious did want Luke because he was stronger than Vader, but Vader was definitely lacking.

Zenwolf
Edit: Just forget it.

NewGuy01
It's somewhat troubling when people talk about power and potential as if they were mutually exclusive.

Zenwolf
You know what...forget it. Clearly there's something of an issue with my wording of things, so I'll just stop here.

NewGuy01
Um... saying the right words is important, yeah.

DarthAnt66
Son of Dathomir was clearly Maul's prime, yeah, but Rebels shouldn't be that far behind.

Whereas he lacks his prior physical glory days, he's certainly grown more masterful in the Force.

Think Obi-Wan Kenobi in III versus Old Ben Kenobi in IV. He's not as good on the Death Star, but still good.

Darth Thor
If Rebels Maul is going to challenge Vader, then he will be above SOD Maul, given SOD Maul could not challenge Sidious, and Vader is confirmed > Sidious stick out tongue

http://i.imgur.com/ULy7Gsh.png

Lmao

Just read that whole thing. Too funny.

FreshestSlice
Source for Vader losing potential?

|King Joker|
Source for Vader losing potential? As if sources confirming and / or heavily implying something matter nowadays. We can just ignore it and continue spouting the same opinions with gusto. smile

Beniboybling
Joker gets it. smile

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by |King Joker|
As if sources confirming and / or heavily implying something matter nowadays. We can just ignore it and continue spouting the same opinions with gusto. smile
Oh right. Think about it. Why else would Ahsoka leave the Order if not out of the great shame that her inadequacies brought to it. Pretty much anyone who doesn't instantly kill her will be ragdolled by RotJ Luke if he's not jobbing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.