starwars.com blog: Yoda vs Palpatine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
http://www.starwars.com/news/from-a-certain-point-of-view-who-is-more-powerful-the-emperor-or-yoda

Fated Xtasy
I'm sick. Getting pink eye. My right ear is clogged. And everything else is shit rn tbh.

But that article and the points these people made almost make me wanna puke

Aurbere
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
I'm sick. Getting pink eye. My right ear is clogged. And everything else is shit rn tbh.

But that article and the points these people made almost make me wanna puke

Get well soon! Or I'll spend another $2000 to come back and make you feel better!

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
wanna puke

MS Warehouse
So essentially, Sidious>Yoda because dark side.. That's what I got from that. Didn't Dooku muse in DR that if Yoda ever fell to the dark side, he would annihilate Sidious?

JKBart
Originally posted by Beniboybling
wanna puke

relentless1
Palpatine appears stronger in the Force but Yoda is slightly better in lightsaber skills...basically a stalemate that favours Sidious

Jmanghan
Isn't Starwars.com basically disney???

I know it used to be run by Lucas himself.

Darth Thor
What I got from that is there's no definite answer.

Trocity

Beniboybling
Yoda let Order 66 happen so he could become more powerful. yes

This is interesting though:

When Yoda went off to discover how to preserve his consciousness in the Force (like Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan), he overcame things that were holding him back and affecting his ability to be the most powerful Jedi that he could.

Guess we should consider RotS to be his prime then. mmm

quanchi112
Originally posted by Darth Thor
What I got from that is there's no definite answer. Do you ever think for yourself or would you have someone else do it for you ? Pathetic.

FreshestSlice
I wish I was an intern at Disney. Then I too could be an authority on its characters.

Beniboybling
yes

Lord Stark
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Yoda let Order 66 happen so he could become more powerful. yes

This is interesting though:

When Yoda went off to discover how to preserve his consciousness in the Force (like Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan), he overcame things that were holding him back and affecting his ability to be the most powerful Jedi that he could.

Guess we should consider RotS to be his prime then. mmm

No because, as is confirmed in Rebels, throughout the course of the Clone Wars the Jedi were consumed and manipulated by the Dark Side. Before that I doubt Yoda had any massive inner Dark Side as he did at the time of the Clone Wars.

FreshestSlice
Which he came to terms with during TCW...

Beniboybling
And more...

Petrus
lol. RotS should logically be Yoda's prime.

JKBart
Nah, it shouldn't. If the guy lives 900 years, I bet he isn't in his prime in his last 30 years of it. In the scale of a 900-year-lifespan, last 30 years of live is like claiming a human Jedi would be in his prime 7 days before dying from old age. :P

Petrus
Well, Dooku was in his prime in his later years.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Petrus
lol. RotS should logically be Yoda's prime. laughing out loud

relentless1
Well, Dooku was in his prime in his later years.

only because he became a Sith Lord

Beniboybling
Originally posted by JKBart
Nah, it shouldn't. If the guy lives 900 years, I bet he isn't in his prime in his last 30 years of it. In the scale of a 900-year-lifespan, last 30 years of live is like claiming a human Jedi would be in his prime 7 days before dying from old age. :P Physical prime =/= Force prime friend

Petrus
Yeah, pretty much. I doubt that at one point Yoda was more powerful than RotS+ Sidious, tbh.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by JKBart
Nah, it shouldn't. If the guy lives 900 years, I bet he isn't in his prime in his last 30 years of it. In the scale of a 900-year-lifespan, last 30 years of live is like claiming a human Jedi would be in his prime 7 days before dying from old age. :P

More like his last 3 years.

Yeah, pretty much. I doubt that at one point Yoda was more powerful than RotS+ Sidious, tbh.

ROTS Yoda was IMO

At least as far as combat goes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.