Batman vs Mystique

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
First fight with Utility belt.

Second fight without utility belt.

abhilegend
Batman easily. In both.

Flyattractor
Yeah. Bats has taken on bigger and badder then Mysty with less.

deathslash
Originally posted by abhilegend
Batman easily. In both. he doesn't win easily. The woman has taken repeated stab and slash wounds from wolverine and kept fighting like it was nothing. He wins the first fight, but I could see a serious argument being made for him losing the second fight.

abhilegend
She can't take a single win from Batman, much less a majority.

GTFO

AlmightyKfish
Batman ftw.

Mystique is very much a good h2h combatant, but one who cannot stand up to the best, like Batman etc.

She's especially effective in the comics as she's super talented at ambushing people due to her powers, but that's a skill that's completely nullified in a forum setting.

DarkSaint85
Only thing she has going for her is shifting her pressure points, which may catch him off guard.

StiltmanFTW
She can do a lot more that Batsie can't, actually.

deathslash
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
She can do a lot more that Batsie can't, actually. thumb up he certainly isn't gonna be expecting her to morph her fingers into talons or claws made for rending flesh, or turning paper thin just before he tries to punch or kick her, or shifting her pressure points around, or growing two extra arms. Also, the second fight just says that Bruce doesn't have the belt. It says nothing about taking away Mystique's weapons.

StiltmanFTW
She can copy Wolverine's metal claws, too... not nearly as good as the real deal, but good enough for combat purposes. Growing wings. Hiding guns in skin pockets.

Yeah, she's survived a big-ass explosion with that paper trick...

Her powers had a significant upgrade.

abhilegend
When all that allows her to beat, well anybody worth a damn, let me know.

Genii96
Woul sabertooth,laura,daken,deathstrike and shogun without their hf all at that once count?

Surtur
Originally posted by deathslash
thumb up he certainly isn't gonna be expecting her to morph her fingers into talons or claws made for rending flesh, or turning paper thin just before he tries to punch or kick her, or shifting her pressure points around, or growing two extra arms. Also, the second fight just says that Bruce doesn't have the belt. It says nothing about taking away Mystique's weapons.

Why wouldn't he expect those things? I thought characters were given basic knowledge of the abilities of their opponents?

Or wait, isn't the correct response "there is nothing Batman ever doesn't expect" ??

Flyattractor
She can copy Wolverine's metal claws, too... not nearly as good as the real deal, but good enough for combat purposes. Growing wings. Hiding guns in skin pockets.

Yeah, she's survived a big-ass explosion with that paper trick...

Her powers had a significant upgrade.

Always liked that part from the first movie where she copied Little Jimmy.

Especially where she gets her "claws" chopped off by Jimmy and it seems to have no effect on her.

I mean those "claws" had to be a part of her actual body. You would think getting a half foot of your self chopped off would have at least a little effect on you.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Genii96
Woul sabertooth,laura,daken,deathstrike and shogun without their hf all at that once count?
Issue number please.

Surtur

I didn't know Mystique was apparently supposed to be this powerful.

Genii96
She took them all down in the wolverines,last issue I believe,they didn't have their hf(she stole it from them using some beast that feeds on it)

StiltmanFTW
Let me guess, she had prep?

Blue Area Vet
She can't take a single win from Batman, much less a majority.

GTFO

Eff you fanboy, Mystique > Mr. no powers, get over it. Get off Bruce's sack, Kal is getting jealous.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Only thing she has going for her is shifting her pressure points, which may catch him off guard.

"May catch him off guard?" You mean **** up his crutch attack plan? She also has the fact that she is a ridiculous hand to hand fight with meta human agility and can fight through all kinds of injury.

carver9
Let me guess, she had prep?

Naah.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by Surtur
I didn't know Mystique was apparently supposed to be this powerful.

Has been for years, but she's one of those characters that doesn't get battle board respect for whatever reason.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
Eff you fanboy, Mystique > Mr. no powers, get over it. Get off Bruce's sack, Kal is getting jealous. Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
"May catch him off guard?" You mean **** up his crutch attack plan? She also has the fact that she is a ridiculous hand to hand fight with meta human agility and can fight through all kinds of injury.
Your butthhurt is just amusing at this point. Originally posted by Genii96
She took them all down in the wolverines,last issue I believe,they didn't have their hf(she stole it from them using some beast that feeds on it)
So they were essentially powerless.

Good to know.

StiltmanFTW
I'm sure there's a shitload of VIC* behind it.

*very important context

AlmightyKfish
Eh all these arguments about all the exotic stuff Mystique might do, shaping her body and such, are literally no different to Clayface, who Batman beats fairly consistently.

DarkSaint85
With gadgets.

Without?

StiltmanFTW
Without?

Without he still managed to beat him when he was pretending to be Jason Todd stick out tongue

BruceSkywalker
Batman stomps

Genii96
Your butthhurt is just amusing at this point.

Good to know.
Only power they didn't have was HF,so yea,it still f*cking counts

Blue Area Vet

Good to know.

Shut up. Your oh so personal response is a mixture of butt hurt and concession.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
Eh all these arguments about all the exotic stuff Mystique might do, shaping her body and such, are literally no different to Clayface, who Batman beats fairly consistently.

Mystique is leagues above Clay face in terms of combat skill.

Mystique and Clayface have vastly different power sets.

Batman doesn't beat Clay face without weapons or utilizing the environment.

abhilegend
Only power they didn't have was HF,so yea,it still f*cking counts
Their main power is HF. So yes, they were essentially powerless.

Mindset
Mystique turns into Martha and Batman is crippled with despair.

She then cuts his head off.

Good thread. thumb up

deathslash
Their main power is HF. So yes, they were essentially powerless. so....having claws or swords, an enhanced physiology, a high level of martial prowess (all of them are black belts in at least one fighting style), and an insane damage soak counts for nothing now?

abhilegend
so....having claws or swords, an enhanced physiology, a high level of martial prowess (all of them are black belts in at least one fighting style), and an insane damage soak counts for nothing now?
No. She didn't beat them up in a straight fight. She scattered them with a gas that masked her scent and snuck on them using others forms.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-RqHnz8yW_IU/VXKDP_AS0EI/AAAAAAAMGsU/dMxTTOQYOrk/s1600/p_56_15%2Bcopy.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Jp27QsHWkeQ/VXKDPW8yWpI/AAAAAAAMGsM/kYseZBYRu7k/s1600/p_56_16%2Bcopy.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-IThHNf8OOGU/VXKDRAV3hgI/AAAAAAAMGsY/guYRThB4Jmc/s1600/p_56_17%2Bcopy.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-36IZX756rOw/VXKDTp4Y5GI/AAAAAAAMGsk/nc-X81XZ7xU/s1600/p_56_18%2Bcopy.jpg

Never trust anything Genii96 says.

maxivitopowe
Issue number please.

Death of Wolverine 2? I want to say

maxivitopowe

Good to know.

If being powerless means thast she beats them, then she beats the bat as well

Genii96
No. She didn't beat them up in a straight fight. She scattered them with a gas that masked her scent and snuck on them using others forms.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-RqHnz8yW_IU/VXKDP_AS0EI/AAAAAAAMGsU/dMxTTOQYOrk/s1600/p_56_15%2Bcopy.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Jp27QsHWkeQ/VXKDPW8yWpI/AAAAAAAMGsM/kYseZBYRu7k/s1600/p_56_16%2Bcopy.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-IThHNf8OOGU/VXKDRAV3hgI/AAAAAAAMGsY/guYRThB4Jmc/s1600/p_56_17%2Bcopy.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-36IZX756rOw/VXKDTp4Y5GI/AAAAAAAMGsk/nc-X81XZ7xU/s1600/p_56_18%2Bcopy.jpg

Never trust anything Genii96 says.
So she didn't beat them?

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by maxivitopowe
Death of Wolverine 2? I want to say

Never change, maxi.

Death of Wolverine only had a cameo appearance of Mystique.

The book title was already mentioned. It's from Wolverines.

DarkSaint85
So she didn't beat them?

She did beat them.

By using tactics Batman uses all the time (divide your enemies, and sneak sneak sneak up on them). She shapeshifts, whilst he uses the dark.

But, regardless, even though I now remember reading that scene, she didn't outskill them, or flatten her body into a 2d shape, or shift pressure points etc...she just approached them when their guard was down, and they essentially allowed her to have a first strike.

Which...isn't really applicable here. Unless Batman gets hit with smoke, and she changes into Alfred or something, and he forgets he's in a forum fight.

Blue Area Vet
She did beat them.

By using tactics Batman uses all the time (divide your enemies, and sneak sneak sneak up on them). She shapeshifts, whilst he uses the dark.

But, regardless, even though I now remember reading that scene, she didn't outskill them, or flatten her body into a 2d shape, or shift pressure points etc...she just approached them when their guard was down, and they essentially allowed her to have a first strike.

Which...isn't really applicable here. Unless Batman gets hit with smoke, and she changes into Alfred or something, and he forgets he's in a forum fight.

Great, so she didn't need to use any exotic abilities to beat them. Doesn't mean she doesn't have them at her disposal nor does it mean she hasn't used them successfully in battle. Is there a point to your post other than to make it seem like she is Batman's underling?

StiltmanFTW
She's only fighting Batman here. Bruce knows that she's the only one present on the battlefield. So, she cannot use the same trick here, won't work.

Blue Area Vet
She's only fighting Batman here. Bruce knows that she's the only one present on the battlefield. So, she cannot use the same trick here, won't work.

How do we know that he knows that unless he can break the 4th wall?

DarkSaint85
Because OP didn't specify, so the default battlefield is 0.5km away from each other, clear line of sight, no darkness/smoke etc, with a 'buzz' noise signifying the start of the fight.

They also have standard equipment (apart from the round without utility belt of course) and standard knowledge of each other.

So, no. Batman knows that Alfred isn't present, and he has only one opponent.

Do you now get my point?

Genii96
She did beat them.

You don't get my point, Stiltman mentioned mystique had high skills, abhi claimed she hadn't beaten anyone worth a damn with those skills, I simply pointed out the wolverines to prove him wrong.

Blue Area Vet
Because OP didn't specify, so the default battlefield is 0.5km away from each other, clear line of sight, no darkness/smoke etc, with a 'buzz' noise signifying the start of the fight.

They also have standard equipment (apart from the round without utility belt of course) and standard knowledge of each other.

So, no. Batman knows that Alfred isn't present, and he has only one opponent.

Do you now get my point?

I know all of that, but they aren't exactly fighting in a large empty swimming poll. there are going to be some environmental elements in which either can hide from the others sight. If this should happen with Mystique and she shapeshifts, she could at least startle Batman. It's not like either has innate knowledge that they are in a battle thread and the OP has decided no one else is allowed. Now, I'm not proposing that she has to use this tactic and I never mentioned it myself, I'm just pointing out that neither combatant would know "for a fact" that no one else is present. There are comic book characters, they expect any and everything.

StiltmanFTW
there are going to be some environmental elements in which either can hide from the others sight.

No.

Featureless environment.

DarkSaint85
You don't get my point, Stiltman mentioned mystique had high skills, abhi claimed she hadn't beaten anyone worth a damn with those skills, I simply pointed out the wolverines to prove him wrong.

But the point I gues I was trying to make, was that she didn't use any skills - certainly not martial arts skills. She separated them, and ambushed them by getting a free hit on them thanks to the smoke and her shapeshifting. ~Not because she outskilled them.

It's like me throwing powder in Tyson's eyes, then when he's stumbling about, gutting him with a knife. Then doing the same with five other fighters.

I know all of that, but they aren't exactly fighting in a large empty swimming poll. there are going to be some environmental elements in which either can hide from the others sight. If this should happen with Mystique and she shapeshifts, she could at least startle Batman. It's not like either has innate knowledge that they are in a battle thread and the OP has decided no one else is allowed. Now, I'm not proposing that she has to use this tactic and I never mentioned it myself, I'm just pointing out that neither combatant would know "for a fact" that no one else is present. There are comic book characters, they expect any and everything.

I always assume it is an empty featureless arena - precisely like an empty swimming pool. Otherwise, I may as well argue it is a full swimming pool - and Bats, with his gear, simply one shots her underwater. The empty setting - IMO - is there to remove any advantage either side may get.

They have line of sight of each other (and thus, can see each other is alone). They are primed and ready for a battle with each other as soon as the buzzer goes. Batman knows Mystique is a shapeshifter.

It kinda ignores the whole 'Greatest Detective' if he cannot even piece those bits of info together, lol.

Blue Area Vet
But the point I gues I was trying to make, was that she didn't use any skills - certainly not martial arts skills. She separated them, and ambushed them by getting a free hit on them thanks to the smoke and her shapeshifting. ~Not because she outskilled them.

It's like me throwing powder in Tyson's eyes, then when he's stumbling about, gutting him with a knife. Then doing the same with five other fighters.

I always assume it is an empty featureless arena - precisely like an empty swimming pool. Otherwise, I may as well argue it is a full swimming pool - and Bats, with his gear, simply one shots her underwater. The empty setting - IMO - is there to remove any advantage either side may get.

They have line of sight of each other (and thus, can see each other is alone). They are primed and ready for a battle with each other as soon as the buzzer goes. Batman knows Mystique is a shapeshifter.

It kinda ignores the whole 'Greatest Detective' if he cannot even piece those bits of info together, lol.

Her fighting skill is still portrayed as enhanced as well as her durability.

abhilegend
No, they are not.

DarkSaint85
Her fighting skill is still portrayed as enhanced as well as her durability.

What skill/durability did she portray, in the fight with Daken/X-23 et al?

I mean, she literally stabs one of them in the back, lol.

deathslash

Never trust anything Genii96 says. thanks for the scans. Anyway, she's still held her own against rouge, nightcrawler, and made a bloodlusted wolverine work for his win. I think that she wins the second fight but I can agree that she loses the first.

abhilegend
thanks for the scans. Anyway, she's still held her own against rouge, nightcrawler, and made a bloodlusted wolverine work for his win. I think that she wins the second fight but I can agree that she loses the first.
That's not how it happened for any of those fights.

She doesn't gets a single win from Batman in h2h. Not a single one.

Blue Area Vet

She doesn't gets a single win from Batman in h2h. Not a single one.

Rogue mercs that fool. Batman is the most overrated character in comics and in media, period. Get off his lil batdik.

deathslash

She doesn't gets a single win from Batman in h2h. Not a single one. yes it is. She straight up fought rogue on more than one occasion and in most of their fights, rogue was going for the kill. In Get Mystique, she fought Logan straight up and held her own. She's also held her own against classic beast, was briefly beating a serious iceman, and took down cyclops. Who said that the second fight was straight hand to hand? All that the rules stipulated was that batman doesn't have his utility belt.

Blue Area Vet
yes it is. She straight up fought rogue on more than one occasion and in most of their fights, rogue was going for the kill. In Get Mystique, she fought Logan straight up and held her own. She's also held her own against classic beast, was briefly beating a serious iceman, and took down cyclops. Who said that the second fight was straight hand to hand? All that the rules stipulated was that batman doesn't have his utility belt.

The Bat zombies will continue to ignore Rogue's depictions and opt to keep the legend alive. Rogue would merc, Rocket Raccoon would humiliate him.

Decter
Batman wins both rounds

Then pulls a Bill Cosby afterwards

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by Decter
Batman wins both rounds

Then pulls a Bill Cosby afterwards

Batman's a pedophile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.