Ali Passes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time-Immemorial
Tragic loss to see.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/sports/muhammad-ali-greatest-all-time-dead-74-n584776

RIP Legend

Flyattractor
The man was 74, I don't think that counts as TRAGIC. Sad yes... but TRAGIC? No.

He is now Punching all the racists before they get booted to Hell.

Mindship
Godspeed, Champ.

Dude111
Yes its really very sad sad

Darkstorm Zero

Darkstorm Zero

Surtur
Guy on the radio said something really weird. He's like "Ali suffered from Parkinsons disease for a long time, but it is believed that respiratory failure is to blame for his death. It is fitting the only way to defeat Ali was to take his breath away".

Raisen
This man was one of my heroes.

HulkIsHulk
So sad.

DarthAnt66
The greatest.

vansonbee
Finally he's dead, the guy been sickly for a long time. I recall he dodged the war and for good reason, he probably would of been killed by a random Vietnamese soldier and never accomplish his sports career.

Time-Immemorial
I heard this today.

"He could have been the Billy Graham of Islam, preaching world peace, sadly Parkinson's took his strength and made the impossible."

I totally agree

Surtur
Originally posted by vansonbee
Finally he's dead, the guy been sickly for a long time. I recall he dodged the war and for good reason, he probably would of been killed by a random Vietnamese soldier and never accomplish his sports career.

I think he dodged the war due to his religion.

His trainer has said that it cost him his best years. In other words he didn't get a chance to box when in his true prime.

S_W_LeGenD
Rest in peace, LeGenD.

Raisen
Originally posted by vansonbee

He did it for his own moral reasons and it cost him. I respect him for it

Raisen
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
I heard this today.

"He could have been the Billy Graham of Islam, preaching world peace, sadly Parkinson's took his strength and made the impossible."

I totally agree

He did have some really good view points and such conviction of character. The world is worse off without him

ArtificialGlory
The guy was a racist and held anti-miscegenation views. He should have kept his moronic opinions inside of the ring. May he rot.

Darkstorm Zero
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
The guy was a racist and held anti-miscegenation views. He should have kept his moronic opinions inside of the ring. May he rot.

Thats pretty f*cken grimdark dude....

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
Thats pretty f*cken grimdark dude....
Hey, it's not my fault the guy was a cock.

Omega Vision
Stupid people on Twitter who don't know who he was are asking questions like "Why are we all mourning some terrorist?" erm

Raisen
Oh those twittards

Darkstorm Zero
Young fools who love to stereotype. I wouldn't pay that no mind.

SquallX
I respect the man as a boxer, but nothing else.

But, he was still a human being. So may he RIP.

vansonbee
Another black fighter has joined Ali in heaven.

However, I think God is setting up a fight of the century.
http://i.imgur.com/i1fgOiv.jpg

Time-Immemorial
That would be a great fight.

Surtur
Somehow that is racist..somehow. Mostly because of the gorilla. F*cking white devils.

Omega Vision
It could be taken as racist tbh. The idea of black fighters as "apes" and "gorillas" is very old in American culture. Just read up on how Sonny Liston was viewed by the American public. Not to say that that was the intent of the creator of the image.

Also Ali in his prime would have destroyed Kimbo Slice, too fast, too skilled.

TheVaultDweller
Very sad loss to the world. He was a one of the greatest of all time at his prime.

uSFQrPzSAnE

Surtur
Originally posted by Omega Vision
It could very easily be taken as racist tbh. The idea of black fighters as "apes" and "gorillas" is very old in American culture. Just read up on how Sonny Liston was viewed by the American public. Not to say that that was the intent of the creator of the image.

I know, especially after some blacks got upset over the gorilla thing and even because they shot something that was "black" thus even equating themselves to apes. So the idea of blacks as apes is indeed racist, I agree.

Surtur
Originally posted by SquallX
I respect the man as a boxer, but nothing else.

But, he was still a human being. So may he RIP.

Why did you specify just as a boxer?

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Surtur
Cause he was kind of a prick otherwise.

SquallX
Originally posted by Surtur

Never cared much for his views, and now that his dead, people are elevating him to the level of X and King.

Ali also betrayed X when he turned his back to him by choosing the Nation of Islam and there leader Elijah. And Elijah was nothing but a bigoted, 2 face old **** that was ****ing young girls and getting them pregnant then trowing them away.

If Ali wasn't such a coward, he should have stood with X. X who started out as an eye for an eye, but mellowed into seeing the bigger picture in the struggle for his people's freedom against tyranny.

That's why i said i respected him as a boxer, and nothing more.

Surtur
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Cause he was kind of a prick otherwise.

I was hearing on the radio how he was against "mixed breeding".

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.