Ultra Buu vs. Buccolo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

StiltmanFTW
http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131115013823/dragonball/es/images/3/30/Ultra_buu.png

vs.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/81/7a/88/817a88b1bdae460d2b2ccf6d315a91f6.jpg

NewGuy01
Isn't that just Super Boo turning into Kid Buu? messed

StiltmanFTW
It is. But, for the sake of this thread, let's assume he can stay in his Ultra form as long as he wishes to.

juggerman
Buccolo cuz of smarts

Galan007
Hard to say. All we know definitively is that both Boos are > Super Boo... But to what degree is impossible to say.

But yeah, I'd likely side with Booccolo because of the intelligence-factor as well.

Damborgson
That muscular version is the form he tool when he absorbed south Kai to my understanding. He was able to do some hand to hand with kid buu and take off an arm.

Galan007
^Filler. In the manga we never saw the South Kaioshin in action, unfortunately.

Based
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Isn't that just Super Boo turning into Kid Buu? messed

It's one of the weirder phenomenon in the series. Some fans have dubbed this Boo the strongest Boo because his power level was increasing which worried Goku and Vegeta. Then when Kid Boo was born not only was this fear gone, but they were both very confident which means he got significantly weaker.

If it's sustainable then this is no question. Goku blatantly tells Vegeta that Boo got stronger after losing all his absorptions.

NewGuy01
As far as I can tell, they got confident because he suddenly looked smaller and punier; Goku and Vegeta can be imbecilic like that at times. Kaioshin certainly wasn't looking more confident after the transformation.

Damborgson
Originally posted by Galan007
^Filler. In the manga we never saw the South Kaioshin in action, unfortunately.

Is it permissible or strictly manga?

South Kai got some mouth action in the manga I believe at least

Galan007
As far as I can tell, they got confident because he suddenly looked smaller and punier; Goku and Vegeta can be imbecilic like that at times. Kaioshin certainly wasn't looking more confident after the transformation. Even after witnessing Pure Boo's power/ferocity firsthand, and listening to Kaioshin's lip-service, Goku was still very confident against him initially. That confidence simply was not there against Super Boo... Let alone Ultra Boo.

Originally posted by Damborgson
Is it permissible or strictly manga?

South Kai got some mouth action in the manga I believe at least We tend to only use the manga as our primary reference, as the anime's filler-scenes were, often times, laughably ridiculous. The exception is if the anime scene(s) in question align with the manga's depiction of said events.

Anyway, the South Kaioshin was stated to be the most powerful among the ancient Kaioshin, but who knows what that really means in comparison to the Saiyans..? After all, the East Kaioshin was scared shitless by Dabra's Cell-level power--acted like he was some nigh-omnipotent God that simply could not be matched.

Granted, East Kaioshin was also stated to be the weakest of the ancient Kaioshin, but his fear of Dabra's power still speaks volumes, imo. /shrug

Based
As far as I can tell, they got confident because he suddenly looked smaller and punier; Goku and Vegeta can be imbecilic like that at times. Kaioshin certainly wasn't looking more confident after the transformation.

http://www.mangareader.net/dragon-ball/508/13

The fan translation has Goku saying he's getting stronger while the Viz translation has Goku telling Vegeta his chi is getting bigger.

If that chi was sustainable, I'm sure he'd still be scared even if he was in kid form.

Galan007
thumb up

Viz translation:
http://i.imgur.com/5OTl9ny.jpg

Astner
"Ultra Buu" is not so much a stable form as it is a stage in the transition from Super Buu to Kid Buu.

NewGuy01
That translation didn't say anything different, I'm not sure why it was brought up.

Galan007
Originally posted by Astner
"Ultra Buu" is not so much a stable form as it is a stage in the transition from Super Buu to Kid Buu. Correct. But for the purposes of this thread, I think we are to assume he can sustain that level in-battle.

Astner

Galan007
^ Goku states that Booccolo < Bootenks(obviously.) However, he still only mentions that Gohan is superior to him in that state.

That said, we have no clue how Ultra Boo would compare to Bootenks or Shin Gohan--all we know for sure is that he is > Super Boo(to *some* degree), just like Booccolo. /shrug

Astner
There's really no strict evidence one way or the other.

EmperorThanos
So evidence to suggest who is stronger but I would side with Buu Piccolo absorbed

SSJGGogeta
I would too, even if only because of Piccolo's sheer skill and intelligence that Buu gained.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.