Magneto vs Hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time-Immemorial
Fight in Cairo

carver9
Magneto wins.

TheHulk
Which Mags and Hulk lol??

juggerman
Current versions unless otherwise specified.

Magneto wins

The Ellimist
Magneto destroys him unless if they start like right next to each other.

Juk3n
No many could tank the onslaught mags was delivering to apoc...

carthage
Magneto

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by carver9
Magneto wins.

Ditched your boy hulk for a true planetary power.

Makes sense, Hulk isn't even a city buster.

carver9
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
Ditched your boy hulk for a true planetary power.

Makes sense, Hulk isn't even a city buster.

Magneto would stomp Superman brains out as well. smile

carthage
No

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by carver9
Magneto would stomp Superman brains out as well. smile

Nope.Light speed ftw

Hulks got his teeth knocked outlaughing out loud

Arachnid1
Mags wins this easy. Supes would beat him though.

Impediment
Magneto wins, but not as easily as everyone makes it out to be.

blair85
At the very least, Magneto could wrap Hulk in rebar or something and whip him into space before he tears free.

quanchi112
Hulk wins.

TheLordofMurder
Magneto easily...

quanchi112
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Magneto easily... Nah.

Stigma
Magneto wins 10/10.

FrothByte
We need to know how far apart they start. If it's any distance that Hulk can easily clear then Magneto has a good chance of getting his head smashed in.

What feat does Magneto have of speedily restraining someone of Hulk's strength?

Josh_Alexander
Hey, just an advice, next time specify the distances between them.

Close range: Hulk

Long range: Magneto

TheLordofMurder
Unless stated otherwise in the OP, the stating distance is 100 yards...

So in this case, Magneto has (IMHO) enough time (barely) to raise shields and get himself out of harms way before Hulk eats him alive...

carthage
**** this topic is going to reach 20 pages of back and forth.

PLEASE GOD GIVE QUAN HIS OWN SUBFORUM

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by carthage
**** this topic is going to reach 20 pages of back and forth.

PLEASE GOD GIVE QUAN HIS OWN SUBFORUM

laughing out loud

thumb up

quanchi112
So Hulk still wins. Just as I thought.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by quanchi112
So Hulk still wins. Just as I thought.

Nope, Mags flys high into the sky (with shielding up) and hurls metal at Hulk endlessly until Hulk drops...

Josh_Alexander

So in this case, Magneto has (IMHO) enough time (barely) to raise shields and get himself out of harms way before Hulk eats him alive...

Hmmmm, am just stating next time it would be more prudent to specify! If the battle was to be closed ranged Hulk wins, if not, Magneto. Either way 100 yards isn't that much. Remember Hulk can give pretty long jumps, could reach magneto pretty quick. I still think Hulk has a chance there.

FrothByte

The only time we've ever seen Magneto raise shields, we don't see how long it took to make them. We know he was under no time restraint and was certainly not being attacked while he made them.

So there's really no proof that he can make shields in the time it takes Hulk to cover 100 yards. Heck, there's no proof that he can make shields in the middle of combat.

If they were fighting in a scrapyard then he can probably fling up metal shields from his surrounding but since there was no location specified I'm assuming this takes place in an open arena by default.

Surtur
Originally posted by FrothByte
What feat does Magneto have of speedily restraining someone of Hulk's strength?

This raises the question of does Magneto get all the feats he has? From both young and old versions? Because the older Magneto was able to make a bunch of police men fire their guns and then he stopped all the bullets before they hit anyone.

That at least shows some speed.

carthage
The only time we've ever seen Magneto raise shields, we don't see how long it took to make them. We know he was under no time restraint and was certainly not being attacked while he made them.

So there's really no proof that he can make shields in the time it takes Hulk to cover 100 yards. Heck, there's no proof that he can make shields in the middle of combat.

If they were fighting in a scrapyard then he can probably fling up metal shields from his surrounding but since there was no location specified I'm assuming this takes place in an open arena by default.

Why would he not raise his shields in combat? It seems pretty questionable to assume he wouldn't use them if he was being assaulted by someone, the only issue we have is we don't know their upper limit.

FrothByte
Why would he not raise his shields in combat? It seems pretty questionable to assume he wouldn't use them if he was being assaulted by someone, the only issue we have is we don't know their upper limit.

Ok so provide a feat of him using shields in combat.

carthage
I can't prove a negative, he's never used them in combat because he's never been in a situation where he's used them. Not like Hulk will make it in time, he'll be bludgeoned and killed by tons of metallic rubble and go down like he did to Chitauri lasers

FrothByte
I can't prove a negative, he's never used them in combat because he's never been in a situation where he's used them. Not like Hulk will make it in time, he'll be bludgeoned and killed by tons of metallic rubble and go down like he did to Chitauri lasers

You also can't claim that Magneto can do something which he has never done before. Magneto has been in dozens of fights in the films. Not once has he used shields in any of them. Maybe he can, I just doubt he can put them up fast enough before he gets his head bashed in from 100 yards. maybe if they were a kilometer apart.

It will take Hulk only a second or so to clear 100 yards. Can Magneto throw "tons" of metallic rubble at Hulk in that time span? Do we have feats of him doing so?

carthage
You also can't claim that Magneto can do something which he has never done before. Magneto has been in dozens of fights in the films. Not once has he used shields in any of them. Maybe he can, I just doubt he can put them up fast enough before he gets his head bashed in from 100 yards. maybe if they were a kilometer apart.

It will take Hulk only a second or so to clear 100 yards. Can Magneto throw "tons" of metallic rubble at Hulk in that time span? Do we have feats of him doing so?

But you were trying to make the claim Vision could phase through Apocalypse's shields? Ok double standard much? That's because he's never attained his shields until this film and was primarily on the offensive against Apocalypse in their fight. Hulk isn't fast enough to kill him as we've seen Eric stop missiles, react to bullets, among other feats to suggest he wouldn't be blitzed.

What speed feats from Hulk suggest he could blitz Magneto before being sidelined by rubble? He wasn't fast enough to dodge omnidirectional lasers in Avengers one, and Magneto chucks rubble with enough force to atomize it. Hulk can't survive that level of force.

FrothByte
But you were trying to make the claim Vision could phase through Apocalypse's shields? Ok double standard much? That's because he's never attained his shields until this film and was primarily on the offensive against Apocalypse in their fight. Hulk isn't fast enough to kill him as we've seen Eric stop missiles, react to bullets, among other feats to suggest he wouldn't be blitzed.

What speed feats from Hulk suggest he could blitz Magneto before being sidelined by rubble? He wasn't fast enough to dodge omnidirectional lasers in Avengers one, and Magneto chucks rubble with enough force to atomize it. Hulk can't survive that level of force.

Not double standards. I'm not claiming that Magneto can't make shields, the same way you're claiming that Vision can't phase through force fields. I'm claiming Magneto doesn't have the speed to make his shield in the middle of a fight, whereas Vision has already had numerous feats utilizing his phasing during fights. See the difference?

Magneto stopped missiles that were launched from miles away. He has stopped bullets that were made out of metal. Hulk isn't made of metal.

Hulk can tank fighter jet rounds. For your theory to work, you'll need to prove that Magneto can launch a strong enough attack to take out Hulk before he gets pummeled in 100 yards.

You also can't keep using the chitauri gunfire as an argument because Magneto doesn't utilize energy projectiles as weapons. He uses metal, so you'll need to use feats where Hulk was injured by metals.

carthage
Not double standards. I'm not claiming that Magneto can't make shields, the same way you're claiming that Vision can't phase through force fields. I'm claiming Magneto doesn't have the speed to make his shield in the middle of a fight, whereas Vision has already had numerous feats utilizing his phasing during fights. See the difference?

Magneto stopped missiles that were launched from miles away. He has stopped bullets that were made out of metal. Hulk isn't made of metal.

Hulk can tank fighter jet rounds. For your theory to work, you'll need to prove that Magneto can launch a strong enough attack to take out Hulk before he gets pummeled in 100 yards.

You also can't keep using the chitauri gunfire as an argument because Magneto doesn't utilize energy projectiles as weapons. He uses metal, so you'll need to use feats where Hulk was injured by metals.

He has plenty of speed even in his old age he stopped bullets mid flight, and Hulk is still perceptible to normal humans so lets not act like he's some speedster or something. Again rewatch the fight against Apocalypse he's throwing metal with enough force that it literally is reduced to nothing, show me anything Hulk has done to suggest he can survive that when he was almost killed by a fall and lost a tooth to a punch from Iron Man. Clearly he's not as invulnerable or fast as you're trying to make him. You're missing the point entirely, I was noting that its taken far less than what Magneto is capable of to down Hulk.

FrothByte
He has plenty of speed even in his old age he stopped bullets mid flight, and Hulk is still perceptible to normal humans so lets not act like he's some speedster or something. Again rewatch the fight against Apocalypse he's throwing metal with enough force that it literally is reduced to nothing, show me anything Hulk has done to suggest he can survive that when he was almost killed by a fall and lost a tooth to a punch from Iron Man. Clearly he's not as invulnerable or fast as you're trying to make him. You're missing the point entirely, I was noting that its taken far less than what Magneto is capable of to down Hulk.

Again, bullets are made of metal, Magneto has direct control over them. Hulk is not. You are clearly underestimating Hulk's speed. True, he is not a speedster. But everyone who's been able to keep up with him have been enhanced individuals. Thor, Ironman in HB armor, Abom, etc.

When Natasha was running away from Hulk, she had a headstart, the advantage of being a smaller human running through numerous tight spots, and yet Hulk caught up to her. And I'm pretty sure Magneto's physical feats are nowhere near close to what BW is capable of.

If Hulk losing a tooth is the extent of injuries you can come up with, then should we say that all Magneto is gonna do is loosen Hulk's teeth?

You're going to need to prove that Magneto can hammer Hulk with something strong enough to KO him before he's crossed that 100 yard distance. Because I'm pretty sure all it would take is one hit from Hulk to turn Magneto into paste. On the other hand, Hulk can survive quite a number of Magneto's attacks. He'll need something big to take out Hulk, and I just don't think he'll be able to launch a big attack within that close a distance.

Surtur
Fights begin half a kilometer apart, so Hulk isn't so fast he can cover that much distance in time to get to Magneto.

juggerman
Magneto taking flight would provide him with the distance he needs to calmly make his shield and collect as much metal as he needed to KO/kill Hulk

FrothByte
Originally posted by Surtur
Fights begin half a kilometer apart, so Hulk isn't so fast he can cover that much distance in time to get to Magneto.

Nibedicus
Actually, im MvS, fights start at 100 yards according to Imp when I asked him.

Surtur
I'm confused as to why for comic fights the distance would be different? I don't get it, but even 100 yards is enough time.

Stigma
If they were fighting in a scrapyard then he can probably fling up metal shields from his surrounding but since there was no location specified I'm assuming this takes place in an open arena by default. The fight takes place in the city of Cairo. A lot of metal and scraps there.

BTW Even if the starting distance is 100 yards it's still enough for Magneto tbh.

What stops him from flying up? That way he can easily create greater distance between himself and Hulk.

Magneto flies to the nearby football stadium, picks it up via his powers and drops on raging Hulk FTW.

The Cairo Stadium or "Stad El Qahira El Dawly"

http://www.egypt-cairo.com/images/cairo_international_football_stadium.jpg

GG thumb up

Nibedicus
Usain did 100m in under 10 seconds. Magneto might have much less than that.

Would that be enough to get outside of Hulk's jump/grab/smash range?

Not saying Hulk wins, I'm not decided on it.

Obviously, raw power-wise, Hulk is a gnat to Magneto.

Stigma
Originally posted by Nibedicus
Usain did 100m in under 10 seconds. Magneto might have much less than that.
Not sure if Hulk is that much faster than Usain. Usain also can't fly. smile

Josh_Alexander
Hulk could certainly make a 100 in less than Usain. Remember that Hulk can give extremly big jumps. Besides Hulk is 100x more muscular than a common man, so definetly he is faster. Magneto, won't have enough time to escape, or to use the metals to defend himself. One single punch from Hulk would be enough to break every single bone of Magneto. I bet on Hulk.

Stigma
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
Hulk could certainly make a 100 in less than Usain. Remember that Hulk can give extremly big jumps.
Jumps =/= speed

Besides Hulk is 100x more muscular than a common man, so definetly he is faster.
Usain Bolt is a super skinny guy compared to someone like Hulk Hogan. Guess who's faster. Being very muscular is not a prerequisite of being fast.

Magneto, won't have enough time to escape, or to use the metals to defend himself. One single punch from Hulk would be enough to break every single bone of Magneto. I bet on Hulk.
Force to force Magneto is much more powerful than Hulk.

Hulk got smashed by a falling skyscraper. Magneto makes skyscrapers that are halfway across the world fall easily.

Nibedicus
I think Hulk vs Abom has showed how us just how fast Hulk can move. Trying to remember Hulk run "feats". Gimme a sec. Have been very busy recently.

Josh_Alexander
I think Hulk vs Abom has showed how us just how fast Hulk can move. Trying to remember Hulk run "feats". Gimme a sec. Have been very busy recently.

Skyscrapers which are made of metals. Hulk is not, and no skyscrapper has ever felt on Magneto. Magneto is stronger in magnetic force, but in physical force Hulk outcasts it.

Nibedicus
Skyscrapers which are made of metals. Hulk is not, and no skyscrapper has ever felt on Magneto. Magneto is stronger in magnetic force, but in physical force Hulk outcasts it.

I think you replied to the wrong post here.

Josh_Alexander
I think you replied to the wrong post here.

Nope, this is the Magneto vs Hulk thread.

Nibedicus
Nope, this is the Magneto vs Hulk thread.

I said wrong post (since you quoted mine) and not wrong thread.

As I'm not sure where I mentioned skyscrapers in my post.

Stigma
Skyscrapers which are made of metals. Hulk is not, and no skyscrapper has ever felt on Magneto.
Yeah....and? Magneto picks up a stadium and/or skyscraper and drops it on Hulk.

Magneto is stronger in magnetic force, but in physical force Hulk outcasts it.
Umm... not sure what you are going for here.

Obviously it's not a fist fight between Magneto and Hulk, or Erik and Banner.

It's powers versus powers fight. It so happens that Magneto has magnetic powers and Hulk uses brute force.

In First Class Magneto pulls out a submarine from the ocean, in DofP he levitates a freaking football stadium, and in the recent movie he destroys buildings, and landmarks around the world with his power.

What do you think would happen if Magneto picked a football stadium in Cairo and dropped it on Hulk's head?

On a power-scale, Hulk is simply outclassed. My good ol' Polish boy Magneto wins this thumb up

Josh_Alexander
I said wrong post (since you quoted mine) and not wrong thread.

As I'm not sure where I mentioned skyscrapers in my post.

Yeap sorry, quoted wrongly.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by Stigma
Yeah....and? Magneto picks up a stadium and/or skyscraper and drops it on Hulk.

Umm... not sure what you are going for here.

Obviously it's not a fist fight between Magneto and Hulk, or Erik and Banner.

It's powers versus powers fight. It so happens that Magneto has magnetic powers and Hulk uses brute force.

In First Class Magneto pulls out a submarine from the ocean, in DofP he levitates a freaking football stadium, and in the recent movie he destroys buildings, and landmarks around the world with his power.

What do you think would happen if Magneto picked a football stadium in Cairo and dropped it on Hulk's head?

On a power-scale, Hulk is simply outclassed. My good ol' Polish boy Magneto wins this thumb up

Yeap, Magneto can do that. But the question is whether Hulk will give him time to do so. Hulk could jump those 100 yards very quickly, and break magneto before he even starts lifting the stadium. Or Hulk could just grab a rock, and launch it to magneto, killing him.

Stigma
Yeap, Magneto can do that. But the question is whether Hulk will give him time to do so. Hulk could jump those 100 yards very quickly, and break magneto before he even starts lifting the stadium. Or Hulk could just grab a rock, and launch it to magneto, killing him.
Given that Magneto can react to speeding bullets (and even stop them mid-air as seen in X1 movie) he will react to Hulk. Not saying he will freeze him, but he can counter Hulk's move and/or slow him down with metallic rubble, cars etc.

Josh_Alexander
Given that Magneto can react to speeding bullets (and even stop them mid-air as seen in X1 movie) he will react to Hulk. Not saying he will freeze him, but he can counter Hulk's move and/or slow him down with metallic rubble, cars etc.

Bullets are metals. I would say Magneto feels the metals coming, and therefore stops them. He responds to the alert of metals heading. But hulk isn't a metal, meaning he will just see the beast rushing into him. Besides is not like Magneto will just in matter of seconds pick a swarm of cars and launch it. It takes time. Besides I doubt cars or metal scraps can do anything to stop hulk, specially when coming with full force and range towards him.

Stigma
Bullets are metals. I would say Magneto feels the metals coming, and therefore stops them. He responds to the alert of metals heading. But hulk isn't a metal, meaning he will just see the beast rushing into him.
I'm not sure, I think it also has something to do with reflexes. Also, if Chitauri can tag Hulk, Magneto can too.

Besides is not like Magneto will just in matter of seconds pick a swarm of cars and launch it. It takes time. Besides I doubt cars or metal scraps can do anything to stop hulk, specially when coming with full force and range towards him.
Couple of seconds will be enough.

Arachnid1
How is this argument still going? Mags can literally open up the ground to consume him.

Mags can also just cover him with bits of metal all over his body and suspend him in mid air long enough to get something big going like dropping a city on him and the likes.

I also have no doubt he can just contain him. Stark had that metal container he put Hulk in before the Veronica fight, and Hulk had to tunnel his way out of it if I remember correctly.

Mags can also just send bits of metal down Banners throat and suffocate him.

He has so many options to kill the Hulk. He himself can just fly up and out of the way. And before you say Hulk will jump to him before he does, he can easily see Hulk coming and mid air and adjust a few feat to either side to dodge. Or just bombard him with metal.

Hulk wont touch Mags.

FrothByte
Originally posted by juggerman
Magneto taking flight would provide him with the distance he needs to calmly make his shield and collect as much metal as he needed to KO/kill Hulk

Not necessarily. He'd need to fly up high enough to give him ample time, because Hulk can jump pretty high. How high up do you think Magneto should fly to garner time and how long will it take him to reach that height?

FrothByte
The fight takes place in the city of Cairo. A lot of metal and scraps there.

BTW Even if the starting distance is 100 yards it's still enough for Magneto tbh.

What stops him from flying up? That way he can easily create greater distance between himself and Hulk.

Magneto flies to the nearby football stadium, picks it up via his powers and drops on raging Hulk FTW.

The Cairo Stadium or "Stad El Qahira El Dawly"

http://www.egypt-cairo.com/images/cairo_international_football_stadium.jpg

GG thumb up

I've been to Cairo. There are parts of the city that are open desert. There was no specification that the fight happens in town center.

Also, you forget that Hulk can jump pretty high. How high will Magneto need to fly up to make time for himself? Magneto isn't a speedster. And picking up a stadium will take far slower than Hulk just jumping and punching Magneto.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Arachnid1
How is this argument still going? Mags can literally open up the ground to consume him.

Mags can also just cover him with bits of metal all over his body and suspend him in mid air long enough to get something big going like dropping a city on him and the likes.

I also have no doubt he can just contain him. Stark had that metal container he put Hulk in before the Veronica fight, and Hulk had to tunnel his way out of it if I remember correctly.

Mags can also just send bits of metal down Banners throat and suffocate him.

He has so many options to kill the Hulk. He himself can just fly up and out of the way. And before you say Hulk will jump to him before he does, he can easily see Hulk coming and mid air and adjust a few feat to either side to dodge. Or just bombard him with metal.

Hulk wont touch Mags.

No one is arguing that Magneto can do those things. Everyone agrees that Magneto has more than enough power to take out Hulk. The argument is whether he can do these things before Hulk covers 100 yards.

You have to remember that Hulk can survive quite a lot of the punishment that Magneto can dish out whereas it will only take 1 hit to take out Magneto.

Nibedicus
I think the greatest advantage Hulk has is that the way he fights on screen plays well into exploiting Magneto's powers' vulnerabilities.

He is shown primarily charging full speed in a straight line vs whoever he fights, this would mean Magneto would have seconds before Hulk is upon him. Being nonmetal, Magento cannot stop him directly and would need to use the environment to stop him.

Hulk has barrelled right thru metal obstacles in his way to get to a target before (Avengers when he chased Widow) and has shown to cover great distances in a single forward leap (vs F35 in Avengers).

It's a question of: can Magneto set himself up to be able to use his powers before Hulk gets to him?

Well, the answer is tricky. If Magneto does what he did vs Apoc, he may be able to stop Hulk dead in his tracks. But the argument would be that he already had a lot of metal at his disposal and control at the time 9as he's already pulled a lot of metal from the earth/environment before he did his assault) and he does not have the same set-up time this time around

Personally, I'm not convinced and would like to see "feats" and showings to get a better grasp of how the fight would go.

Josh_Alexander
I think the greatest advantage Hulk has is that the way he fights on screen plays well into exploiting Magneto's powers' vulnerabilities.

He is shown primarily charging full speed in a straight line vs whoever he fights, this would mean Magneto would have seconds before Hulk is upon him. Being nonmetal, Magento cannot stop him directly and would need to use the environment to stop him.

Hulk has barrelled right thru metal objects in his way to get to a target before (Avengers when he chased Widow) and has shown to cover great distances in a single forward leap (vs F35 in Avengers).

It's a question of: can Magneto set himself up to be able to use his powers before Hulk gets to him?

Well, the answer is tricky. If Magneto does what he did vs Apoc, he may be able to stop Hulk dead in his tracks. But the argument would be that he already had a lot of metal at his disposal and control at the time 9as he's already pulled a lot of metal from the earth/environment before he did his assault) and he does not have the same set-up time this time around

Personally, I'm not convinced and would like to see "feats" and showings to get a better grasp of how the fight would go.

I totally agree! The problem given in this scenario is the distance. Hulk is fast enought to reach Magneto before he is able to gather enough metal to depend himself. Cause Hulk would definetly be able to pass through metal in his way. The only way Magneto could stop him is by doing what he did with Apocalypse. But as Nibedicus said, He will need time to gather enough metals to stop the Hulk.

Stigma

Hulk has barrelled right thru metal obstacles in his way to get to a target before (Avengers when he chased Widow) and has shown to cover great distances in a single forward leap (vs F35 in Avengers).

Just a quick thought, as I am going to sleep soon.

1. In this fight the metal debris will be "pushed" forward by Magneto's powers, that is, used as a projectile with a force behind it. Given that Magneto has a power set-up that can affect the globe, it shows how much power he can generate. BTW someone pointed put that he was hurling debirs with the speed that made it evaporate....that's insane force output.

2. That F35 jet stayed in one place when Hulk made the leap. Magneto can just turn to the side. Magneto is also like 100 times smaller than the jet, Hulk will have much, much more difficult time to grap him in mid-air.

FrothByte
Just a quick thought, as I am going to sleep soon.

1. In this fight the metal debris will be "pushed" forward by Magneto's powers, that is, used as a projectile with a force behind it. Given that Magneto has a power set-up that can affect the globe, it shows how much power he can generate. BTW someone pointed put that he was hurling debirs with the speed that made it evaporate....that's insane force output.

2. That F35 jet stayed in one place when Hulk made the leap. Magneto can just turn to the side. Magneto is also like 100 times smaller than the jet, Hulk will have much, much more difficult time to grap him in mid-air.

1. The problem is that Magneto will first need to grab the debris before being able to thrown them at Hulk. Question is, how far is the debris from Hulk? Are they fighting in town center Cairo or pyramid desert Cairo? Another thing to consider is that said debris need to be big enough and tough enough to actually hurt Hulk, because Hulk can literally walk through heavy gunfire, Magneto will need something a lot stronger. Magneto was strong enough to affect the earth but he did that through an ELONGATE SPAN OF TIME. In fact, all of his stronger power outputs all needed time to do. He doesn't have that here, he'll need to release an attack strong enough to drop Hulk before he gets pummeled.

2. Huh? You know that even if Hulk misses in his leap, he can just take one or two steps to a side to grab Magneto right? Or are you assuming that Magneto is already flying at this point? Because then we'd have to actually come up with a feat to show how agile Magneto is during flight, since I don't remember him actually making quick movements while in the air.

Josh_Alexander
1. The problem is that Magneto will first need to grab the debris before being able to thrown them at Hulk. Question is, how far is the debris from Hulk? Are they fighting in town center Cairo or pyramid desert Cairo? Another thing to consider is that said debris need to be big enough and tough enough to actually hurt Hulk, because Hulk can literally walk through heavy gunfire, Magneto will need something a lot stronger. Magneto was strong enough to affect the earth but he did that through an ELONGATE SPAN OF TIME. In fact, all of his stronger power outputs all needed time to do. He doesn't have that here, he'll need to release an attack strong enough to drop Hulk before he gets pummeled.

2. Huh? You know that even if Hulk misses in his leap, he can just take one or two steps to a side to grab Magneto right? Or are you assuming that Magneto is already flying at this point? Because then we'd have to actually come up with a feat to show how agile Magneto is during flight, since I don't remember him actually making quick movements while in the air.

thumb up thumb up

juggerman
My guts tells me that Magneto should be able to launch himself in the air much much faster than he is able to lift bridges and stadiums that weigh thousands of tons. Problem is he has no feats to corroborate this

FrothByte
Originally posted by juggerman
My guts tells me that Magneto should be able to launch himself in the air much much faster than he is able to lift bridges and stadiums that weigh thousands of tons. Problem is he has no feats to corroborate this

As far as I can recall, Magneto never moved fast while in the air or even launching himself in air. I may be wrong but I believe he levitates instead of flies.

Darth Thor
I may be wrong but I believe he levitates instead of flies.

What's the difference?

He flew away at the end of DOFP

FrothByte
Originally posted by Darth Thor
What's the difference?

He flew away at the end of DOFP

How fast has he flown? Is it fast enough to dodge around Hulk's jumps?

Darth Thor
How fast has he flown? Is it fast enough to dodge around Hulk's jumps?

Nah.. I was just asking what the difference is between levitating and flying.

The fact that Magneto goes high up in the air and travels from A to B via his "levitation" pretty much makes it "flight" for me.

Ascendancy
He never moves very quickly in any of the films. Hulk could close 100 yards easily. Unless Magneto has a large amount of metal handy that he doesn't have to take the time to extract Hulk closes on him and take his head off, literally.

The only time I can think of him showing speed is when he keeps up with the train in Days of Future Past to thread the steel into the sentinels, but we still have no indication that he can reach that top speed quickly from any of the films.

Darth Thor
^ Yeah standard forum rules Eric will die quite quickly against Hulk.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.