Mace Windu vs. Darth Bane and Zannah

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Ellimist
1. Force
2. Sabers
3. All-out

JKBart
1) Team
2) Mace
3) Mace

NewGuy01
Mace probably can't handle them both at once for a majority; he probably takes a respectable minority, though.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Mace probably can't handle them both at once for a majority; he probably takes a respectable minority, though.

What about Sheev Amp Mace?

NewGuy01
If he's in the mindset he was in when he fought Palpatine, then he wins.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by NewGuy01
If he's in the mindset he was in when he fought Palpatine, then he wins.

Quick question. Is it the mindset or the amp that makes Windu powerful during that fight?

Because if it's the amp, he would get a substantial boost from Bane and Zannah

cs_zoltan
Mindset.

NewGuy01
No one knows for sure. Some people say he was stronger because of the darkness left in his heart after realizing that his beloved Republic was under the control of the Sith. Others say he became so powerful because Palpatine was so powerful. Another theory is that because of the circumstances, he simply volunteered to slip further into Vaapad than ever before. Perhaps all of the above are true. Maybe none of them are, and Mace is just that good.

The Ellimist
I'd say Windu destroys them, at least up close. Look at how Dooku handles both Obi Wan and a restrained (but still > Obi Wan) Anakin by kicking the latter away and ragdolling the former at the same time.

JKBart
All of the three are partially true

We will never know which of these three things were the most important tho

JKBart
Originally posted by The Ellimist
I'd say Windu destroys them, at least up close. Look at how Dooku handles both Obi Wan and a restrained (but still > Obi Wan) Anakin by kicking the latter away and ragdolling the former at the same time.

agreed though

Selenial

Dooku only really managed to man-handle that duo due to stylistic advantages, though.

I guess one could argue Mace is in the same boat...?

The Ellimist
Originally posted by Selenial
Dooku only really managed to man-handle that duo due to stylistic advantages, though.

Where does it say that? They purposely surprised him with their forms, and Anakin's djem so is particularly strong against him. Besides, his ragdolling was a combination of telekinesis and some decent footwork, nothing Windu couldn't replicate.

Isn't juyo really effective against multiple opponents?

Yeah, I'm sure Windu could ragdoll Zannah and kick Bane, especially given how much of a physical freak he is, punching through super battle droids + shatterpoint.

JKBart
Well, we have:
- one Djem So user that's so inferior to Anakin it's a joke,
- one Soresu user who's so inferior to Kenobi as a duelist it's a joke, and unlike Kenobi, can't even mount an offense against an unarmed man

So, yeah, Windu is definitely in the same boat...

The Ellimist
Windu is a little more formidable than those mercenaries that owned Bane.

carthage
Mace wins

Selenial
Where does it say that? They purposely surprised him with their forms, and Anakin's djem so is particularly strong against him. Besides, his ragdolling was a combination of telekinesis and some decent footwork, nothing Windu couldn't replicate.

Isn't juyo really effective against multiple opponents though?

Never stated, nah. And I'm more referring to the fights Dooku actually walked away from. In most of them you'll see that whenever Anakin attacks, Dooku can counter and use Anakin's own strength against him, pushing him away long enough to deal with Kenobi. He also does the exact opposite, forcing Kenobi away to properly duel with Anakin. Anakin's easy to misdirect, and Kenobi lacks enough of an offence to actually take advantage of Dooku's tactic.

Hence most of their 2v1's are more just Dooku trying to seperate them and take them one on one, since almost every time he faces them both at once he is drastically losing ground.

Their fight in Season 6 is probably the best example of all of this.

But yeh, like I said, Mace probably has the same advantage here, except he faces inferior opponents who he can actually kill as soon as he seperates them.

NewGuy01
I don't think Vaapad is particularly good against multiple opponents, no.

JKBart
Form VII is quality for 1v1

It's pretty logical tbh that a form that's supposedly maximum perfection over offense is best for 1v1

The Ellimist
Originally posted by Selenial
Never stated, nah. And I'm more referring to the fights Dooku actually walked away from. In most of them you'll see that whenever Anakin attacks, Dooku can counter and use Anakin's own strength against him, pushing him away long enough to deal with Kenobi. He also does the exact opposite, forcing Kenobi away to properly duel with Anakin. Anakin's easy to misdirect, and Kenobi lacks enough of an offence to actually take advantage of Dooku's tactic.

I don't see why Zannah couldn't do this against Bane and Zannah, but anyway.

The Ellimist
* Mace

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.