Sheev Palpatine VS Darth Traya

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Fated Xtasy
So this is VS that has more to do with Philosophy and wits than Force Power and Dueling skill.

Hypothetically, if Lady Traya and Sidious were to meet and debate about what the Sith should be, how exactly would that conversation go? Would Traya ultimately submit to Sidious' imperialistic and radical views of the galaxy, the rule of the Strong? Or would Sheev find some wisdom in Traya's grey philosophy?

If I'm honest, these two are among the most compelling of Star Wars, they(imo)count as two of the most interesting villains in literature and gaming.

So who has the better philosophy in the end? The lady of Betrayal or the Perfect embodiment of the Sith

(low-key baiting Temp into commenting tbh)

Aurbere
Interesting. mmm

NewGuy01
They would both reject each other completely and relentlessly.

DarthAnt66
Palpatine would laugh at Kreia's retardation and then snap her neck.

NewGuy01
You realize this has essentially already happened. Vergere is Traya's better written, NJO counterpart; and their partnership ended with her attempting to assassinate him, and failing miserably.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Basically thumb up that shit about killing the Force was retarded

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Realtalk

Beniboybling
Pre or Post betrayal?

Aurbere
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Pre or Post betrayal?

Which betrayal? wink

Beniboybling
smile

At the hands of Sion & Nihilus.

Selenial
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Vergere is Traya's better written
mmm

NewGuy01
thumb up

DarthAnt66
thumb up

Emperordmb
thumb up

Darth Abonis
You realize this has essentially already happened. Vergere is Traya's better written, NJO counterpart; and their partnership ended with her attempting to assassinate him, and failing miserably.

Spot-on!

SunRazer
Traya was pretty much the best Obsidian could do. But yeah, that thing with her wanting to kill the Force at the end was a horrible revelation. *shivers*

Beniboybling
Well that's why I ask pre or post betrayal; because after she's kicked out of the Triumvirate, it's apparent she abandoned that plan.

SunRazer
So you're saying she lied to get the Exile to kill her at the end? I mean, she does seem to suddenly forget about it after the Exile beats her, but that could just be one of Obsidian's big plot holes.

Beniboybling
That's my impression, I think from the beginning Kreia planned to have the Exile kill her, I believe she even says as much at some point. I'm given the impression that she readopted the moniker of Sith Lord/Traya and the scheme that came with it to bait the Exile into killing her, which is why she's so pleased when the Exile does.

It makes much more sense, if Kreia was still so intent on seeing the death of the Force, she could have just let Nihilus rampage, and yet she's instead intent of destroying him, and become enraged if you take the DS path and become like him.

Beniboybling
Concerning that quote:

"But above these legions there are three who must be stopped. As long as any one of them lives then we, and all life are doomed."

SunRazer
I don't think Nihilus could actually end the Force. Then again, the whole "Wound in the Force" concept really wasn't fleshed out properly.

She probably did lie to get the Exile to kill her as the Exile's "final test". Unfortunately, the Revan novel revealed that it was the final test for the Exile to go into the Unknown Regions and lose horribly to Nyriss before being backstabbed by Scourge.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by SunRazer
I don't think Nihilus could actually end the Force. Then again, the whole "Wound in the Force" concept really wasn't fleshed out properly.Well I think its not a case of ending the Force, but cutting everyone else from it i.e. to create wound so powerful that the echoes would deafen them to the Force (like Malachor did to the Exile) or kill them. And seeing as Nihilus was going about creating wounds it stands to reason he could achieve that, if such a thing were possible.Yeah, I'd also speculate that she did it to sever the connection between them, with Vrook saying that one way to sever a bond is if the relationship between the bonded undergoes radical change, betraying the Exile would have done that.

And true, though what Traya wanted her to achieve exactly is ambiguous, I'm giving the impression she didn't really care, and was satisfied having created a student that vindicated her teachings and cleaned up her mess before kicking the bucket.

Petrus
Originally posted by SunRazer

She probably did lie to get the Exile to kill her as the Exile's "final test". Unfortunately, the Revan novel revealed that it was the final test for the Exile to go into the Unknown Regions and lose horribly to Nyriss before being backstabbed by Scourge.

I really, really hate Drew.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Petrus
I really, really hate Drew.

This comment needs to be profiled tbh

NewGuy01
KOTOR II needed to be put in it's place. Drew Karpyshyn understood. He could see the future. That is why he helped me!

Fated Xtasy
Sas... You're a cvnt tbh

jk ily

NewGuy01
--and anybody who didn't read that post in Dooku's voice is disowned.

Petrus
KOTOR II needed to be put in it's place. Drew Karpyshyn understood. He could see the future. That is why he helped me!

WAT

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.