X-men vs Avengers & Justice League

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zamiel
Scenario 1

Every single X-Men that has appeared in the films are in their prime and have their sentinels.

All Avengers with the Iron Legion and Hulk Buster, with the trinity from Batman v Superman on their side.

Fight takes place in time square.

Scenario 2

The X-men don't have Xavier and Jean.

Impediment
Superman flies into the stratosphere and uses telescopic heat vision to vaporize the enemy team.

TheLordofMurder
Xmen in both...

In Senario 1, Apocalypse (who can amp mutant powers), turns this into spite when he amps Phoenix; Phoenix then annihilates her enemies with telekinetic disintegration...

Senario 2, Apoc mind rapes his enemies while inside his own Force Field and Magneto's Force Field combined...

This is done while everyone else runs interference...

Once again, Xmen in both...

TheLordofMurder
In scenario 2, Apoc can speed things up by amping Xavier; both of them combine to turn the Avengers and Justice Leagues minds into mush from the safety of the combined Force Fields...

TheLordofMurder
Btw, every metal on team Avengers/Justice League becomes a weakness due to Magneto....

quanchi112
Avengers win.

Zamiel
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Xmen in both...

In Senario 1, Apocalypse (who can amp mutant powers), turns this into spite when he amps Phoenix; Phoenix then annihilates her enemies with telekinetic disintegration...

Senario 2, Apoc mind rapes his enemies while inside his own Force Field and Magneto's Force Field combined...

This is done while everyone else runs interference...

Once again, Xmen in both...

Apocalypse is not a X-men.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Zamiel
Apocalypse is not a X-men.

You're right; I misread the OP...

thumb up

I gotta give this some thought then...

tkitna
1st one is spite. Jean destroys them.

2nd one probably goes to the teams.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by tkitna

thumb up

Zamiel
Originally posted by tkitna

I think the second scenario is more evenly matched. For the X-men to win they mainly need teamwork from Magneto, Quicksilver, Rogue, and Kitty to pull off a possible win.

Magneto to take down two of the heavy hitters on the other team(Ironman and Vision).

Quicksilver to keep Superman and Wonder Woman from blitz everyone else.

Rogue to even the playing field by absorbing the powers of the heavy hitters. With Kitty's help there is nothing stopping her from touching him.

Nibedicus
Scenario 1: Xavier: All freeze.

Well, scenario 2 would come down to if Adamantium > Kryptonians.

Wolverine then becomes a weapon of mass destruction when in QS's hands.

Wait, can't he just take WW's sword and go chop chop on everyone?

Or battle starts: Superman heat visions, Wonderwoman slashes with her sword. Hulk charges, Thor summons lightning, Iron Man repulsors, etc.

QS rearranges enemy team so that they hit each other = profit (although I can see Vision as being problematic in this scenario if he goes for the immediate phasing).

WW sword chopchop is still my go-to strat.

It comes down to Quicksilver vs Avengers and Justice League IMO big grin

And my money's on QS.

TheVaultDweller
The X-men also have a Blink/Phoenix combo option in match 1. Blink can open portals and Jean can tk opponents into them until they close. We already saw a Sentinel lose an arm in DoFP when it got caught in a closing portal.

Nibedicus
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
The X-men also have a Blink/Phoenix combo option in match 1. Blink can open portals and Jean can tk opponents into them until they close. We already saw a Sentinel lose an arm in DoFP when it got caught in a closing portal.

They don't need it, tho.

QS > All.

Heck, you can put everyone on the X-Men team (Xavier and Jean included) on the Avengers and JL side and he'd still win if he grabs WW's sword and goes choppy chop.

TheVaultDweller
Just pointing out that the X-men have a ton of options to win Round 1 pretty damn easily, IMO.

Edi: Unless Havok tries to blast his teammates to safety. stick out tongue

McNasty996
Damn, this just goes to show how rediculously powerful they've gotten that you need two separate teams to compete. Mutants win round 1 with ease due to Xavier taking a dump on their brains. Round 2 is more debatable but Im still leaning towards X men. Quicksilver running interference and Magneto dropping cities mean the other team have to know who to target and fast if they want to win

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Nibedicus
They don't need it, tho.

QS > All.

Heck, you can put everyone on the X-Men team (Xavier and Jean included) on the Avengers and JL side and he'd still win if he grabs WW's sword and goes choppy chop.

What can QS do to the Avengers and JL members who are flying?

Nibedicus
Originally posted by Darth Thor
What can QS do to the Avengers and JL members who are flying?

Kill em all before they take to the air?

Darth Thor
^ I guess that could happen. Depends on the starting stips.

I'd say IM and Superman have a good chance of starting out airborne. Movie Thor unfortunately doesn't fly around or suspend himself in the air very often.

Nibedicus
^ I guess that could happen. Depends on the starting stips.

I'd say IM and Superman have a good chance of starting out airborne. Movie Thor unfortunately doesn't fly around or suspend himself in the air very often.

That would require that we put characters at an unfair positional advantage pre-fight.

In a totally balanced fight, characters need to start in neutral position (ground, no shields up, etc) otherwise we'd end up having to pick-and-choose the position most advantageous to the characters we want to win.

Darth Thor
^ I understand your point completely. Though everyone being on the ground and a few feet away from each other at the start gives QS the Massive advantage. So it's hard to be totally fair IMO.
I mean if Magneto can't start with his shields up, then why should Hulk start as Hulk? Maybe he starts as Banner and has to transform into Hulk. Or maybe Tony starts without his IM armour and has to put it on when the fight starts... See the problem?

But I suppose it's up to the OP to have stips such as Magneto has his shields already raised, or Tony begins the fight airborne, or Xavier is physically at the mansion but present in the combat arena through his Astral form.

Personally I just like to discuss the fights with different starting scenarios to showcase the different strengths/weaknesses each character has.

Nibedicus
^ I understand your point completely. Though everyone being on the ground and a few feet away from each other at the start gives QS the Massive advantage. So it's hard to be totally fair IMO.
I mean if Magneto can't start with his shields up, then why should Hulk start as Hulk? Maybe he starts as Banner and has to transform into Hulk. Or maybe Tony starts without his IM armour and has to put it on when the fight starts... See the problem?

But I suppose it's up to the OP to have stips such as Magneto has his shields already raised, or Tony begins the fight airborne, or Xavier is physically at the mansion but present in the combat arena through his Astral form.

Personally I just like to discuss the fights with different starting scenarios.

Because Hulk is the Avenger, and not Banner. Like Batman is the JLer and not Wayne and Iron Man is the Avenger and not really Stark. We are talking about the hero versions of each character and not their civilian identities after all.

And fight starting on the ground is completely fair. As team members need to be close to each other and not "set up" and spread out in an optimal ambush formation pre-fight as soon as the fight bell rings.

In a neutral setting where characters aren't pre-set to the optimal customized battle formation to handle QS's specific threat, X-men would win every time. QS would actually solo IMO.

FrothByte
The X-men franchise has given in to the DBZ syndrome. They seriously need some kind of power cap.

Darth Thor
Because Hulk is the Avenger, and not Banner. Like Batman is the JLer and not Wayne and Iron Man is the Avenger and not really Stark. We are talking about the hero versions of each character and not their civilian identities after all.

And fight starting on the ground is completely fair. As team members need to be close to each other and not "set up" and spread out in an optimal ambush formation pre-fight as soon as the fight bell rings.

In a neutral setting where characters aren't pre-set to the optimal customized battle formation to handle QS's specific threat, X-men would win every time. QS would actually solo IMO.

In that scenario QS would kick a lot of Avenger and JL butt, no doubt.

So what about say the Human Torch? Should a fight between him and QS start on the ground? What about Green Lantern.. On the ground and shields off?

I think that would be the ideal scenario for QS to stomp both those 2. But personally I think having HT fight QS starting off on the ground would be about as fair as having Green Lantern fight QS in space.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by FrothByte
The X-men franchise has given in to the DBZ syndrome. They seriously need some kind of power cap.

Hmmm I mean it used to be a case of Xavier solos. Now Xavier solos, Quicksilver solos and Phoenix solos. And they all solo like everyone and anyone.

Heck when Magneto' with shields is like the 4th most powerful then you know they're overpowered Lol

Nibedicus
In that scenario QS would kick a lot of Avenger and JL butt, no doubt.

So what about say the Human Torch? Should a fight between him and QS start on the ground? What about Green Lantern.. On the ground and shields off?

I think that would be the ideal scenario for QS to stomp both those 2. But personally I think having HT fight QS starting off on the ground would be about as fair as having Green Lantern fight QS in space.

It is only "ideal" for QS as he is so OP that any character within his reach is pwned before the neurons in their brain even manages to fire.

There are only 2 scenarios here, one that allows QS to use his powers (enemies in range of attack) and one that isn't (enemies specifically made to set up in a position outside his range).

One is a standard "fair" scenario had we not even known what their powers are (neutral setting), the other requires that we know what the limitations of his abilities are and specifically set-up to negate it.

FrothByte
Hmmm I mean it used to be a case of Xavier solos. Now Xavier solos, Quicksilver solos and Phoenix solos. And they all solo like everyone and anyone.

Heck when Magneto' with shields is like the 4th most powerful then you know they're overpowered Lol

Magneto apparently is at world destroyer levels now. Xavier can stop a whole airport of people in their tracks without breaking a sweat. QS is so fast he almost looks looney toony. And I don't care how powerful Magneto and Phoenix are, how the hell were they able to rebuild the X-mansion with just their powers??? Did their powers include architectural knowledge?

FrothByte
Give the teams prep and this becomes a bit more interesting.

ares834
Magneto was amped by Apoc when he was destroying the world.

carthage
No he wasn't Apocalypse states it's his own power like twice

Zamiel
Originally posted by ares834
Magneto was amped by Apoc when he was destroying the world.

That's his prime isn't it?

carver9
Even if he was amped, there's no proof that he lost it.

Darth Thor
It is only "ideal" for QS as he is so OP that any character within his reach is pwned before the neurons in their brain even manages to fire.

There are only 2 scenarios here, one that allows QS to use his powers (enemies in range of attack) and one that isn't (enemies specifically made to set up in a position outside his range).

One is a standard "fair" scenario had we not even known what their powers are (neutral setting), the other requires that we know what the limitations of his abilities are and specifically set-up to negate it.

I get that, I'm just saying the "usual" fair starting point plays right into his strengths.

In general though With characters who fly around a lot I'd say there's a split chance they could start the fight off while already in the air. And I doubt every fight scenario for QS would begin with his opponents (who can fly/levitate) on the ground.

Nibedicus
I get that, I'm just saying the "usual" fair starting point plays right into his strengths.

In general though With characters who fly around a lot I'd say there's a split chance they could start the fight off while already in the air. And I doubt every fight scenario for QS would begin with his opponents (who can fly/levitate) on the ground.

That's just how it is, though.

I would disagree with that kind of setting, tho. In a "fair" or "neutral" setting, that would just be too much of a slippery slope that debaters can exploit to use prep-type positioning to give their characters an unfair advantage (unless stips says so).

And even in a "general", realistic setting, most "teams" would be within close proximity to each other and not spread out in an "ambush" formation specifically to deal with QS as they'd still need to communicate/organize. That means those who can fly as a basic state wouldn't be too far off the ground.

The only possible setting I can see where they'd be in the air at a considerable height is if they had prior knowledge and time to prep/reposition.

But I do get your reasoning (tho I disagree with it).

Darth Thor
^ Suppose that's fair. Fighting QS with prep and without prep would be different things for those with that variety of abilities.

TH3_V01D
Here is how it plays out:

Captain America: Wearing metal = instantly discarded by Magneto or gets tp'd.
Ironman: Hahahahaha Magneto instakills him
Hulk: tp'd or bound up by Magneto or Jean
Black widow: Wearing metal = instantly discarded by Magneto or gets tp'd.
Hawkeye: Gets killed by his own arrows.
Scarlet Witch: Wearing metal so she is dead. Also her powers are too slow to take on that many people anyways.
Quicksilver: Outclassed by xmen quicksilver
Vision: Made of metal so Mags rips him apart. He doesn't always go intangible.
Falcon: Metal wings = dead
Warmachine: Same as Ironman
Gi-Antman/Antman: Metal helmet and armor = dead
Winter Soldier: Metal arm goes through his own head.
Black Panther: Metal suit = dead
Spiderman: TP'd
Thor: Magneto makes Thor do this

http://static6.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_medium/11124/111243646/5204596-giphy.gif

carthage
Lmfao

Darth Thor
No way Magneto's having greater control over Mjolnir than Thor does.

Zamiel
IDK, Magneto's magnetic powers are on a planetary scale now.

carthage
That Ren and Stimpy gif legitimately made me laugh before I clocked in today. I probably looked psychotic as **** laughing at my phone. Anyway why does it matter, he can bludgeon Slowdinson to death with Iron man's corpse or drive Steve's shield into his chest. Erik can chuck metal debris with enough force to atomize it, Thor nearly dies to terminal velocity. GG Magneto would rape him

Darth Thor
IDK, Magneto's magnetic powers are on a planetary scale now.

So what? He's have to overpower Odin's enchantment to stop Thor controlling it.

Mindset
Originally posted by ares834
Magneto was amped by Apoc when he was destroying the world. It didn't seem like Apoc ever amped him, he just told him there was more to his powetrs than he realised.

Apoc's eyes never turned white like when he amped the others iirc.

wakkawakkawakka

I find this to be an odd thing to point out considering fans have been disappointed with the X-Men, Magneto in particular, not properly having their powers displayed.

Yet now that the X-Men's powers are closer to their comic book counterparts they're suddenly overpowered? Well that may be the case for Quicksilver but for everyone else I think the powers are fair game.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
I find this to be an odd thing to point out considering fans have been disappointed with the X-Men, Magneto in particular, not properly having their powers displayed.

Yet now that the X-Men's powers are closer to their comic book counterparts they're suddenly overpowered? Well that may be the case for Quicksilver but for everyone else I think the powers are fair game.

Oh I don't mind them being overpowered. Magneto having shields was the best thing about Apocalypse. The story and villain though were a let down IMO.

But yeah QS is way powered way beyond his comic counterpart even. But it's worked out pretty well for his on screen depiction, which is ultimately what matters.

Was just pointing out how crazy the power levels are now that Eric has shields and is still only in the top few X-Men powers.

The Ellimist
Scenario 1

Xavier solos. Otherwise, a no-holds-barred, no CIS Superman should theoretically be able to solo them all by just punching them into orbit/speed-blitz/hurling some cars at the Earth at relativistic speeds, the latter of which should eventually get rid of even Quicksilver if he really covered enough of the planet.

Without a bloodlusted Superman, Quicksilver and Magneto easily solo everyone but Superman, who dies to Apocalypse + the Phoenix.

Magneto and Quicksilver are still haxxed, so see above.

Mindset
Originally posted by The Ellimist
erm

The Ellimist
Originally posted by Mindset
erm

Take some debris into orbit and accelerate. Given how quickly he can go from standing still to moving at hypersonic speeds, in space he could get to relativistic velocities relative to the Earth in a relatively short amount of time, and it's not like anybody can do anything to him while he's doing so.

But Superman never actually does this, even though he logically could. Given his typical fighting style, Jean + Magneto + Apocalypse win, or Xavier solos.

Nibedicus
Originally posted by The Ellimist
Take some debris into orbit and accelerate. Given how quickly he can go from standing still to moving at hypersonic speeds, in space he could get to relativistic velocities relative to the Earth in a relatively short amount of time, and it's not like anybody can do anything to him while he's doing so.

But Superman never actually does this, even though he logically could. Given his typical fighting style, Jean + Magneto + Apocalypse win, or Xavier solos.

If QS steals Wonder Woman's sword, he can solo everyone.

The Ellimist
If QS steals Wonder Woman's sword, he can solo everyone.

Shit, yeah, he could, lol.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.