Pong Krell vs General Grievous

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
Who takes this?

MythLord
-_-
Seriously? Grievous stomps.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by MythLord
-_-
Seriously? Grievous stomps.

Yeah?...

He stomps?

Lol

MythLord
Indeed he does. Krell's best feats are pushing Clones and ambushing Clones. Grievous has replicated that feat to a more devestating effect without environmental aid.

Jmanghan
Clones killed most of the Jedi Order. :/

MythLord
Via trickery and cheapshotting them, yes. Even padawans like Zett Jukassa killed 4-5(if not more) of them before going down.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Clones killed most of the Jedi Order. :/

http://i.perezhilton.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/hi-monster-in-law-34026935-400-160.gif

Kurk
I think a dark side Krell would have be able to take on a CW grievous with his anatomy and strength.

Aurbere
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
http://i.perezhilton.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/hi-monster-in-law-34026935-400-160.gif

Not gonna lie, I actually really enjoyed that movie.

MythLord
Originally posted by Kurk
I think a dark side Krell would have be able to take on a CW grievous with his anatomy and strength.
Wut? His strength is pitiful compared to Grievous' and his anatomy makes him more clumsy than anything else.

Petrus
We never saw Pong Krell fight a lightsaber-wielding opponent, so we really can't know accurately.

Kurk
Wut? His strength is pitiful compared to Grievous' and his anatomy makes him more clumsy than anything else. Definitely didn't seem like that when he butchered all those clones with sabers and sent them flying 20 feet into the air when unarmed.

MythLord
Grievous casually crushes Jedi for a living. Punching Clones a distance of a few meters pales in comparison.
Also, he butchered those Clones primarily via ambushing them.

Petrus
Not really, at one point there were dozens of clones surrounding him and he cut and TK'd them like nothing. If it weren't for the tentacled creature that caught him, he probably would've slaughtered more clones and they wouldn't have been able to capture him.

MythLord
Yeah, really. He sent a dozen of them back with TK(Grievous tanked TK that blew away dozens of droids, so TK that blows back a few Clones is nothing) then escaped, killed a few then waited in the fog deep inside the forest before he ambushed them.

Kurk
Yeah, really. He sent a dozen of them back with TK(Grievous tanked TK that blew away dozens of droids, so TK that blows back a few Clones is nothing) then escaped, killed a few then waited in the fog deep inside the forest before he ambushed them.
Are you referring to the old Clone Wars series? I'm referring to Canon only Grievous. Legends Grievous could slaughter Krell.

Petrus
I'm not saying Pong > Grievous.

Either way, I don't consider his brief appearance in that TCW chapter good enough to effectively debate this character. We never even saw him cross blades with a Jedi/Sith.

cs_zoltan
Wtf is this shit? Krell sucks.

MythLord
Originally posted by Kurk
Are you referring to the old Clone Wars series? I'm referring to Canon only Grievous. Legends Grievous could slaughter Krell.

The OP didn't specify, so I'm using composite.

Originally posted by Petrus
I'm not saying Pong > Grievous.

Either way, I don't consider his brief appearance in that TCW chapter good enough to effectively debate this character. We never even saw him cross blades with a Jedi/Sith.

And given the fact that Clones can outrun him and he got tricked by them, I don't think crossing blades with any competent duelist that could adjust to his wild, sparatic bursts of twerling lightsabers would go well for Dexter Jetster.

ILS
In the context of TCW, Krell is insanely skilled and powerful when you compare what he did to the 501st to how other beings (Obi-Wan or Savage Opress for example) did when surrounded by blaster-wielding enemies (and tbh most of the time said enemies aren't up to scratch with clones, let alone the best clones).

Add in that Grievous' main edge over Force users (superior knowledge, versatility and unorthodoxy in terms of lightsaber combat) is kind of mitigated by the fact Krell does the same thing as him, just with two saberstaffs (which requires even more dexterity than what Grievous does). From there Krell has all of the obvious edges the Force brings, as well as TK. I can see Krell winning if the fight happened.

ILS
And given the fact that Clones can outrun him and he got tricked by them, I don't think crossing blades with any competent duelist that could adjust to his wild, sparatic bursts of twerling lightsabers would go well for Dexter Jetster. kek, he was slaughtering them. When did they outrun him? And how is him being tricked relevant to fighting Grievous exactly?

MythLord
Slaughtering a few of them before running away, yes. And he barely caught up to them near the end of his fight, and relied heavily on the jungle to actually do jack to them.

Kurk

Kurk
Slaughtering a few of them before running away, yes. And he barely caught up to them near the end of his fight, and relied heavily on the jungle to actually do jack to them.
Nah, I think he legitimately enjoying screwing with them like he did with the voice throwing.

MythLord
Krell being unorthodox doesn't mean he's as skilled, or as adaptable as Grievous is. He gets murked.

ILS
Slaughtering a few of them before running away, yes. And he barely caught up to them near the end of his fight, and relied heavily on the jungle to actually do jack to them. Oh yeah, totally. That's why he let them totally surround him in close quarters and casually deflected everything they had to offer, made mince meat of several before wiping out a small army of them with one wave of TK. He was just having the worst time of his life and can't even run faster than clones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcfV6yUUMhs

roll eyes (sarcastic)

ILS
Krell being unorthodox doesn't mean he's as skilled, or as adaptable as Grievous is. He gets murked. The difference is, Krell shares all of Grievous' strengths but also has the Force backing him, which is more potent a weapon in the end, and has telekinesis. There isn't a single area in which Grievous shines that Krell doesn't also.

The only argument you can make is "Hurrdurr Krell only appeared once"

Kurk
The fact that he purposefully put away his sabers to own the clones in hand to hand combat also suggests he was playing with them.

Zenwolf
Or to make it so Rex survives...I mean really, you face down a legion of troops, yet don't go first to take out the commander when he's right there?...Hmm..

cs_zoltan
Krell's performance against the clones is nothing spectecular when you consider he was essentially wielding 4 blades, giving him way more coverage against blaster fire. This however doesn't translate at all to saber to saber duel, where we know more blades doesn't equal better performance.

Jmanghan
canon only.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
Krell's performance against the clones is nothing spectecular when you consider he was essentially wielding 4 blades, giving him way more coverage against blaster fire. This however doesn't translate at all to saber to saber duel, where we know more blades doesn't equal better performance.

I think its safe to assume he REGULARLY wields those four blades.

Was Grievous' performance against Ki Adi Mundi and Shaak Ti any less impressive because he had four blades?

ares834
WTF? Did people actually watch TCW?

Krell was helluva impressive. Especially in the context of the show.

Krell wins. And pretty easily as well.

MythLord
Originally posted by ILS
Oh yeah, totally. That's why he let them totally surround him in close quarters and casually deflected everything they had to offer, made mince meat of several before wiping out a small army of them with one wave of TK. He was just having the worst time of his life and can't even run faster than clones.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Pushing a small army as in... a couple of them. Then killing four then leaping out the window(oh, gee, if he was in control and having the time of his life why would he run into the forest? Maybe he needs to tinkle?) Then he kills a couple of them, then TKs a couple of them. And later when the squads split up, he's using the forest for extra environmental aid. Also, speedblitzing the 501st Clones isn't even that good a feat to begin with. Zett Jukassa killed quite a few of them, to the point where he even managed to escape the Jedi Temple, and kept massacring them still. And Jukassa didn't even have nearly the range of defense that Krell had.

Originally posted by ILS
The difference is, Krell shares all of Grievous' strengths but also has the Force backing him, which is more potent a weapon in the end, and has telekinesis. There isn't a single area in which Grievous shines that Krell doesn't also.

Except Grievous is much more adaptable than Krell, definitely more technically sophisticated, definitely stronger and faster, and has withstood/dodged TK from much more powerful Force users.

Jmanghan
Pushing a small army as in... a couple of them. Then killing four then leaping out the window(oh, gee, if he was in control and having the time of his life why would he run into the forest? Maybe he needs to tinkle?) Then he kills a couple of them, then TKs a couple of them. And later when the squads split up, he's using the forest for extra environmental aid. Also, speedblitzing the 501st Clones isn't even that good a feat to begin with. Zett Jukassa killed quite a few of them, to the point where he even managed to escape the Jedi Temple, and kept massacring them still. And Jukassa didn't even have nearly the range of defense that Krell had.

Except Grievous is much more adaptable than Krell, definitely more technically sophisticated, definitely stronger and faster, and has withstood/dodged TK from much more powerful Force users. Just because he's withstood more powerful TK from other force users, doesn't make him better.

MythLord
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Just because he's withstood more powerful TK from other force users, doesn't make him better.

It kinda does given that it completely negates Krell's one and only advantage in this fight.

Syndicate
Grievous.

MythLord
Ah, Syndicate is back from the dead. No thread will go un-necroed!

Syndicate
Ah, Syndicate is back from the dead. No thread will go un-necroed!

thumb up

Just as I have risen from the dead so shall the untended threads of KMC.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.