Meetra Surik - an gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JKBart
RUN 1: Novel Meetra Surik
RUN 2: KotOR II Jedi Exile

THE RULES
⊛ In character.
⊛ Fights in Mos Eisley cantina, no people. Starting distance - 9 meters.
⊛ Full heal after each round.

THE GAUNTLET
1. Kam Solusar
2. Cilghal
3. Vestara Khai
4. Kenth Hamner
5. Jaden Korr
6. Saba Sebatyne
7. Mara Jade Skywalker
8. Kyle Katarn
9. Jaina Solo
10. Thrawn Trilogy Luke Skywalker

MythLord
Honestly, stops at the 4-6 range.

SunRazer
Down at Kenth? lol

MythLord
Yeah.

Jmanghan
I wouldn't put Mara over Jaden tbh.

Jaden is practically Kyle level, but not quite.

SunRazer
Why?

MythLord
You askin' me or Jmanghan?

Total Warrior
May stop at 6, 7 for sure

Petrus
Originally posted by Jmanghan
I wouldn't put Mara over Jaden tbh.

Jaden is practically Kyle level, but not quite.

If we consider dark side storylines in games in versus debates , then Jaden > Kyle.

As for the thread, I think she goes down against Jaden if we consider the above. If not, she goes down against Kyle or Mara.

Emperordmb
5-8

Fated Xtasy
Actually. Down at Kam. Givin Skywalker pause in their fight is impressive imho

Selenial
https://media1.giphy.com/media/KIqHhQ1TLTEbu/giphy.gif

Petrus
What's your take on this, Sel?

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Selenial
https://media1.giphy.com/media/KIqHhQ1TLTEbu/giphy.gif

You're laughing at me while nekkid ay?

Fite me mistress

NewGuy01

Although, 1 should actually be 4 or 5.

JKBart
Why rate Kam so highly?

NewGuy01
It's not so much that I rate Kam highly as it is that I think everyone else up to Jaden is a loser. And Jaden was also losing to Kam's half-baked clone, at that.

JKBart
so u think meetra is an loser too?

carthage
Kam was an equal to Corran Horn iirc, but he probably degraded later in skill as he was taken down by a bunch of GA troopers. But yeah probably down at Saba

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Petrus
If we consider dark side storylines in games in versus debates , then Jaden > Kyle.

As for the thread, I think she goes down against Jaden if we consider the above. If not, she goes down against Kyle or Mara.
Jaden lost in the Dark Side ending...

Petrus
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Jaden lost in the Dark Side ending...

Uh, no he didn't? The duel ended with Katarn dead under a bunch of boulders...

NewGuy01
He lost the duel, then used the scepter to buy him enough time to escape.

Fated Xtasy
They were actually both disarmed.

You're a Jaden wanker too? :3

Zenwolf

Quite alive.

https://youtu.be/IhyP9DDO_6E?t=495

Petrus
EDIT - posted before seeing Zenwolf's post.

Wait, on second thought maybe Katarn didn't die. It's been a while since I played the game.

I just saw a video of the fight, though. It's not clear who won the duel, tbh. Just that Jaden took the opportunity to use the Scepter.

JKBart
I just realized in this ending Kyle survived being shot by a scepter that ripped a giant hole in the korriban walls

Petrus
He also survived a lot of big boulders falling on him while incapacitated. I'm not even sure how that's possible.

Aurbere
He also survived a lot of big boulders falling on him while incapacitated. I'm not even sure how that's possible.

His beard formed a protective shield around him. Imagine what Groot did in GotG for reference.

MythLord
Wait, the Dark Side ending's canon?

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Aurbere
His beard formed a protective shield around him. Imagine what Groot did in GotG for reference.

Or what that mutant did to apocalypse did in xmen

FreshestSlice
EDIT - posted before seeing Zenwolf's post.

Wait, on second thought maybe Katarn didn't die. It's been a while since I played the game.

I just saw a video of the fight, though. It's not clear who won the duel, tbh. Just that Jaden took the opportunity to use the Scepter.
Kyle disarmed him, and as he moves in close to talk to Jaden, Jaden grabs the scepter and blasts him. Jaden, however, lost that fight. End of story.

Aurbere
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Or what that mutant did to apocalypse did in xmen

Oh yeah! That was pretty cool! Don't even know who that was, but it was cool.

carthage
Saba beats her down, she's pretty far above her in physicals and could overpower her like Nyriss did

Fated Xtasy
Kyle disarmed him, and as he moves in close to talk to Jaden, Jaden grabs the scepter and blasts him. Jaden, however, lost that fight. End of story.

Lulz

Your bait is weak

SunRazer
@Mythlord - I'm asking you. Why does Meetra go down to Kenth?

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Lulz

Your bait is weak
What the hell are you talking about?

AncientPower
Down at Jaina, perhaps.

MythLord
Originally posted by SunRazer
@Mythlord - I'm asking you. Why does Meetra go down to Kenth?

Being able to send Saba(someone who's barely moved by explosions) head over heels with TK and stalemating/injuring her in a duel is, to me, superior to beating Traya, random Sith and Storm Beasts on a DS nexus.

AncientPower
^kek

She beat groups of Storm Beasts, that can pummel heavily armoured sentinels to death with their fists, before facing the Greater Storm Beasts. All whilst feeling the effects of a crushing gravity well, the mental trauma of spirits who died at her command and the poison gas geysers that were all over the incredibly dangerous sharp rocky terrain.

Then she enters the Trayus Academy itself and had to fight her way through a legion of amplified elite Sith, Bladeborn, Blademasters, Sith Commandos, Sith masters and Sith Lords. Sith that had been responsible for tens of thousands of Jedi casualties since the end of the Jedi Civil War years prior.

Then she faced Darth Sion himself, a feared Lightsaber combatant and veteran of countless combats with Jedi since the Exar Kun War. She defeated him in four consecutive contests whilst he could regenerate from any damage or fatigue.

At this point she faces Darth Traya, defeating her with lightsaber skill and blocking Traya's telekinesis in mid-combat.

Mind you this entire single-handed assault only took place immediately after defeating Atris solidly, defeating a legion of Sith on Citadel Station, defeating another one on the Ravager and then defeating Darth Nihilus himself in combat.

Kenth gets destroyed.

carthage
Saba or Mara would decimate Traya or Sion in a duel, and Mara cut through hordes of Vong in the Unifying force. Killing fodder doesn't really mean anything especially when Meetra hasn't fought anyone notable in her career as a duelist, in comparison to Mara who has stomped Alema Rar, fought evenly with Lumiya twice, can even take a fight to Caedus (albeit with circumstances).

Meetra got overwhelmed by Nyriss in pure physicals, she isn't beating two duelists who are physically stronger/more skilled than her

AncientPower
What part of them wiping out tens of thousands of the most battle-hardened Jedi in the mythos makes them mere fodder? You lowballing an entire era isn't convincing me at all.

Surik matching Nyriss purely in skill says a lot when Nyriss can essentially B-team Lord Scourge moments earlier.

Petrus
Originally posted by carthage
Saba or Mara would decimate Traya or Sion in a duel, and Mara cut through hordes of Vong in the Unifying force. Killing fodder doesn't really mean anything especially when Meetra hasn't fought anyone notable in her career as a duelist, in comparison to Mara who has stomped Alema Rar, fought evenly with Lumiya twice, can even take a fight to Caedus (albeit with circumstances).

Meetra got overwhelmed by Nyriss in pure physicals, she isn't beating two duelists who are physically stronger/more skilled than her

Yeah, defeating fodder like Atris, Nihilus, Sion and Traya isn't impressive at all, tbh. Especially considering he defeated two of those on a crushing dark side nexus. So lame.

Meetra got shortly overwhelmed by a Dark Council member in a very powerful dark side nexus, while being exhausted and not at all prepared. I guess being at a huge disadvantage had to get to her sooner or later...

Jmanghan
Jaden lost in the Dark Side ending... No, he just kinda backed off and used the stones to crush Kyle.

Anyway, thats not the point.

The point is that Jaden almost = Kyle Katarn.

Like, the line that seperates them is practically transparent.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.