Shaak Ti vs. Kyle Katarn

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Duel takes place on neutral ground

Round 1: Sabers

Round 2: All out

*Kyle as of LOTF

SunRazer
Kyle takes sabers. He might lose all-out.

Emperordmb
Probably Kyle tbh

Jmanghan
Kyle

MythLord
Originally posted by SunRazer

Syndicate
Originally posted by SunRazer

EmperorSidious2
Kyle

Deronn_solo
Kyle sweeps all rounds.
LAL @ Shaak being more powerful Force user than Kyle.

Ziggystardust
It could go either way tbh, and Ti is probably the better Force wielder thumb up

Deronn_solo
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
LAL @ Shaak being a more powerful Force user than Kyle.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Probably Kyle tbh

Ziggystardust
Originally posted by Ziggystardust
It could go either way tbh, and Ti is probably the better Force wielder thumb up

Emperordmb
Wow, quoting yourself? What a conceited **** tbh

Aurbere
DMB is secretly saying that to himself.

Emperordmb
I am not Gollum, Revan, or DarthSith500, I do not have conversations with myself.

Aurbere
Talking to yourself isn't crazy. I resent that.

Fated Xtasy
I am not Gollum, Revan, or DarthSith500, I do not have conversations with myself.

Didn't someone else have convos with themselves?

Deronn_solo
Originally posted by Ziggystardust
Ti is probably the better Force wielder thumb up
Kyle Katarn cutting Jerec off from the Force - years before gaining substantial power - supersedes anything done by Ti.

Ball's in your court, boo.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Didn't someone else have convos with themselves?
Ah yes Kenobifan

Fated Xtasy
Ah yes Kenobifan

Thats the one thumb up

JKBart
an timing timing

|King Joker|
Ah yes Kenobifan I miss him. smile

RHaggis
Kyle Kay!

MythLord
Kyle Katarn cutting Jerec off from the Force - years before gaining substantial power - supersedes anything done by Ti.

D, honey, you do know he did this with the aid of several Jedi Spirits, which gave him a substantial nexus to draw from, right?

Deronn_solo
Originally posted by MythLord
D, honey, you do know he did this with the aid of several Jedi Spirits, which gave him a substantial nexus to draw from, right?
I'm well aware of that dear, but I'm also aware Jerec was drawing on the power of the Valley of the Jedi as well, so both amps even themselves out nicely.

Fated Xtasy

Lmfao.

MythLord
I'm well aware of that dear, but I'm also aware Jerec was drawing on the power of the Valley of the Jedi as well, so both amps even themselves out nicely.
Yes, but Jerec didn't have the combined power of several Jedi spirits aiding him, and from what I recall, Katarn turned the whole Valley against Jerec, thus more than likely cancelling out his own amplifications.

ILS
Originally posted by JKBart
an timing timing Afro

Deronn_solo
Yes, but Jerec didn't have the combined power of several Jedi spirits aiding him, and from what I recall, Katarn turned the whole Valley against Jerec, thus more than likely cancelling out his own amplifications.

Haven't read the excerpt in like forever - do you have the relevant text on your person so I can judge for myself?

MythLord
Haven't read the excerpt in like forever - do you have the relevant text on your person so I can judge for myself?
Despair threatened to pull him down. To come so far only to have failed those who counted on him was worse than death itself. The Rebel watched Jerec rise and marveled at the power the Dark Jedi had unleashed. Power waiting to be used, power that could defeat Jerec, that could pull him down...

Source: Dark Forces: Jedi Knight

From the looks of it, Kyle used the Valley of the Jedi to not severe Jerec from the Force, but his connection to the Valley itself, given it's black columns disappear. Either way, Jerec was too late and both his connection to the Valley and possibly his connection to the Force had been cut. And by then, Jerec was without any weapon to confront Kyle with since his lightsaber "should've might as well been on the other side of the planet". Also, it seems Kyle was in a One-With-The-Force-ish kind of state when he did that. Take it as you will.

Deronn_solo
Hmm....taking that excerpt into consideration wit this quote I found:

--Excerpt from The Dark Forces Saga, Part 6

Judging from the quote above, it seems like what I said from the get-go is correct; Kyle Katarn - while amped via the Valley, was able to cut a Jerec that was amped to the same degree, by the same nexus - off from the Force in general, via Force sever, no just The Valley's power . As for the one with the Force bit, that is more or less, conjecture that can't be proven one way or the other as no canon sources have stated so.

It's also worth noting though; that a non-amped Kyle Katarn was able to cut himself off from Force, so his usage of the power isn't a one-time thing.

Syndicate
"Jerec felt a sense of warmth and peace as the cocoon of light formed around him. It was a wonderful sensation - and one he enjoyed, until something went wrong. The Jedi fell, struggled to stay aloft, and fell again. Something, or someone, had cut his access to the dark side of the Force... Who? How? The Dark Jedi fought to break through and knew it was too late."

From this though it kind of sounds like Jerec didn't even both to fight back until it was too late.

Deronn_solo
Even so, does that lessen the feat to any significant degree? Cutting one off from the Force itself is a difficult thing to do - let alone someone as powerful as Jerec

Syndicate
Well it does lessen it but I'd agree it's still impressive especially given Kyle was mostly self trained.

Selenial
Does severing someone from the force really imply a greater force power in relation to combat though?

For example, the Jedi Coucil collectively could sever Surik without resistance. Darth Traya obliterated said Jedi Council with ease. By your logic, Traya should have a flat force advantage over the Exile, yet on one of the strongest Dark Side Nexuses in the Galaxy where the Exile's willpower was constantly sapped, Traya failed to overcome her with the force.

Doesn't really fit your logic, darling confused

Ziggystardust
So now that Kyle's best feat has been buried, I suppose Shaak has this in the bag. thumb up

Fated Xtasy
You've faced intermidiates and beginners at best when it comes to Katarn.

He wins. Face me and provide me with entertainment. :3

MythLord
Hmm....taking that excerpt into consideration wit this quote I found:

--Excerpt from The Dark Forces Saga, Part 6

Judging from the quote above, it seems like what I said from the get-go is correct; Kyle Katarn - while amped via the Valley, was able to cut a Jerec that was amped to the same degree, by the same nexus - off from the Force in general, via Force sever, no just The Valley's power . As for the one with the Force bit, that is more or less, conjecture that can't be proven one way or the other as no canon sources have stated so.

Eh, being fair, Jerec didn't even think to defend himself from it and by the time he tried, he's already been cut off from the Valley. Also, it's not like Severe Force is neccessarily something that can translate to Katarn's more practical powers and an in-character Kyle really isn't prone to abusing it.

It's also worth noting though; that a non-amped Kyle Katarn was able to cut himself off from Force, so his usage of the power isn't a one-time thing.

That is such a big paradox... You're using the Force... to cut yourself off from the Force. confused But, Star Wars logic.

chingchangwalla
Round 1: Kyle
Round 2: Kyle
Katarn > Starkiller > Shaak Ti

Syndicate
Ur post gave me cancur.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.