The X-Men film franchise timeline

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Impediment
I finally watched Apocalypse and it was amazing. One of the best overall comic book films made.

My question is about the timeline because I'm f*cking confused.

DoFP altered the timeline, effectively wiping out X-3, but now the new films are in the 80's? Is there a comprehensive list that puts the new timeline in order? Is Deadpool in the timeline, as well?

I'm also really hoping that Fox will take a cue from Sony and let the X-Men become part of the MCU in Infinity War. Thanos will have the Infinity Gauntlet, so why not merge a few universes, right?

BruceSkywalker
IMO, Its, First Class, then DOFP, then Apocalypse.. followed by Deadpool, then OLD MAN LOGAN , but that is also rumored to be called Weapon X

the next X-Men film will take place in the 90s..

Also you can add The New Mutants and X Force into the mix as well...

Yes they should merge universes but the studios are ignorant f&cks..

Surtur
The thing is..Colossus from Deadpool was HUGE compared to the ones we have seen in all the other X-men films. I don't think it's supposed to be the same universe.

I'm guessing probably the first 3 X-Men movies and the two solo Wolverine movies are in one group, and then the other universe is the one started in First Class where Wolverine changes the timeline in DoFP.

Darth Thor
Well technically First Class should be canon to both timelines, given the timeline changed from DOFP.

Good luck trying to make sense of it all though with the duplicate Emma Frosts, Moira Mctaggarts, William Strikers, Angels and Colossus's.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Impediment
My question is about the timeline because I'm f*cking confused.

Half of the fans are.

Darth Thor
Let's not forget Patrick Stewart Xavier walking with Eric to recruit young Jean. That makes heaps of sense.

wakkawakkawakka
Well as of now "The Last Stand" never happened in the DoFP timeline if that helps.

Darth Thor

Tattoos N Scars
As of now, Mystique is a member of the X-Men. I wonder if she goes rogue again with Magneto as we saw her in the first X-Men movie.

I'd have to rewatch the original X-Men, but was there any indication that Xavier knew Mystique from his younger days. If I remember correctly, bo one really knew much about her other than Magneto.

Darth Thor
^ There was no indication of that, but tbf there wasn't one scene with them together, so that's not necessarily a contradiction.

kevdude
I just watched it again for the 2nd time yesterday, wow I am defiantly getting this when it comes out!

blair85
DoFP didn't just wipe out X3. It wiped out X1, X2, X3 and possibly parts of Wolverine's solo films.

DoFP changed the past and the series of events that would have led up to the Sentinel-controlled future. That series of events includes the original trilogy. DoFP set up an alternate universe/timeline. The events of X1 might not even happen any more.

So there are likely two timelines:
First Class -> a third of DoFP -> X1 -> X2 -> X3 -> another third or so of DoFP

First Class -> parts of DoFP -> Apocalypse -> Deadpool -> Wolvie3 or parts of DoFP, depending on when W3 takes place.

rox
Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
As of now, Mystique is a member of the X-Men. I wonder if she goes rogue again with Magneto as we saw her in the first X-Men movie.

I'd have to rewatch the original X-Men, but was there any indication that Xavier knew Mystique from his younger days. If I remember correctly, bo one really knew much about her other than Magneto.

Well they don't say in the originals but she knew the mansion and the students enough to infiltrate them and where to find cerebro and how to get in and disable it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.