Miscellaneous duels

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Keeping with the trend of more interesting threads

Morals off.

1. Mara Jade Skywalker vs. Darth Nyriss (Fight takes place where Sedriss dueled Luke on Ossus

2. Depa Billaba vs. Raskta Lsu (No amp) (Duel takes place in the Caves of Haruun Kal)

3. Quinlan Vos (Dark Disciple vs. Darth Maul (The Phantom Menace) Fight takes place in the temple of Naga Sadow

4. Darth Malak vs. Aryn Leneer (Battle takes place on neutral ground)

5. Lord Adraas vs. Seventh Sister (Duel takes place in the chaos of the Sacking of Coruscant)

6. Kas'im vs. Meetra Surik (Duel takes place on Upkezar)

7. Novel Vitiate vs. Darth Plagueis (Fight takes place on the hideout on Sojourn)

SunRazer
1. Don't think Ossus is a nexus, which does bring Nyriss' feats down slightly. I could see either of them winning here, I think. Nyriss comes off as the stronger combatant but Mara likes being the underdog - she could win through brute force and some unorthodoxy.

2. Depa probably wins in an excellent fight. Her fight against Mace was circumstantial but her performance was pretty good all the same.

3. Maul wins, but only just.

4. Malak's probably even with Malgus, so he wins in a good fight.

5. They both suck, but probably the Seventh Sister cuz unorthodoxy. I think she's more technically skilled too, and as long as she can block Adraas' weak-ass Lightning, then she wins.

6. Despite the nexus, Surik wins. She can mimic his form and comes off as a stronger fighter without getting into all the technicality.

7. Off-nexus, so probably Plagueis. He's right up there with Vitiate in terms of Force power, if not better, and his insane physicals and the fact that he actually has a lightsaber swings it in his favor, IMO.

Emperordmb
1. Nyriss since she impresses me more in single combat.
2. I have no ****ing clue, so I'll side Depa due to the setting.
3. Vos should take this based on greater dueling ability as stupid as I think it is and as much as I hated Dark Disciple.
4. Malak based on some parity with Darth Revan.
5. What feats does Adraas have again? Probably wins via lightning.
6. Kas'im since he's a better duelist and Meetra's offensive Force abilities are nothing particularly special.
7. This is something I've been wondering but haven't resolved my position on yet.

carthage
Originally posted by SunRazer
1. Don't think Ossus is a nexus, which does bring Nyriss' feats down slightly. I could see either of them winning here, I think. Nyriss comes off as the stronger combatant but Mara likes being the underdog - she could win through brute force and some unorthodoxy.

2. Depa probably wins in an excellent fight. Her fight against Mace was circumstantial but her performance was pretty good all the same.

3. Maul wins, but only just.

4. Malak's probably even with Malgus, so he wins in a good fight.

5. They both suck, but probably the Seventh Sister cuz unorthodoxy. I think she's more technically skilled too, and as long as she can block Adraas' weak-ass Lightning, then she wins.

6. Despite the nexus, Surik wins. She can mimic his form and comes off as a stronger fighter without getting into all the technicality.

7. Off-nexus, so probably Plagueis. He's right up there with Vitiate in terms of Force power, if not better, and his insane physicals and the fact that he actually has a lightsaber swings it in his favor, IMO.

1. Kam and Luke are having a conversation and say its powerful in the force due to the concentration of Jedi, likewise Sedriss was able to call on darkside energies and destroy Ood Bnar with a blast. So it is a nexus, that being said Mara can dodge the lightning/or block it similarly to Meetra even if she gets knocked back. She's more relentless than Meetra and will just get right back up and charge Nyriss for more lol

2. Even Canon Depa?

3. I don't see this iteration of Maul utterly dancing around Dooku/besting him in sabers with such speed. I'd have to hear a more convincing case, have you read the duel in full? This is Darkside Vos

4. What has Malak done in sheer lightsaber skill to compare him to Malgus? Malgus has greater accolades in terms of skill, greater showings in unamped force feats, and just greater physicals in my opinion. Aryn being comparable to him in skill are better feats than losing to Revan with multiple advantages in his favor/beating Bastila

7. Agreed

|King Joker|
2. Leaning Depa.

3. Vos. His fight with Dooku impresses me more than Maul's accomplishments as of TPM.

4. Not sure, honestly.

5. What has Adraas actually done? I'm probably leaning him because of lightning and (probably) more experience dueling Jedi. They should have comparable power. Maybe.

6. Going with Kas'im.

SunRazer
@Carthage:

1. If it's a DS nexus, then Mara's screwed. She can keep coming back up but she's bound to get floored permanently at some point.

2. What's Canon Depa got, again?

3. Is it Vos with the rage? Even so, I'm not sure what to make of that fight. Dooku losing by overextending? Sounds like Christe Golden's becoming a match for Troy Denning and Karen Traviss.

4. Well, apparently he challenged Darth Revan, though on a feats-basis approach, Malgus does come out looking better. I just have a gut instinct that ranks Malak around there.

carthage
Originally posted by SunRazer
@Carthage:

1. If it's a DS nexus, then Mara's screwed. She can keep coming back up but she's bound to get floored permanently at some point.

2. What's Canon Depa got, again?

3. Is it Vos with the rage? Even so, I'm not sure what to make of that fight. Dooku losing by overextending? Sounds like Christe Golden's becoming a match for Troy Denning and Karen Traviss.

4. Well, apparently he challenged Darth Revan, though on a feats-basis approach, Malgus does come out looking better. I just have a gut instinct that ranks Malak around there.

2. She withstood a few blows with Grievous, and cut off his arms.

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/canon-depa-billaba-respect-thread-1774634/

Scans at the bottom of the page

3 Featz dont lie

|King Joker|
Depa should have been cut in half, tbh.

Nephthys
Adraas' lightning was almost overwhelming Malgus' defenses and burning his hands even as he blocked it. Seventh Sis ain't doing shit against that.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.