Spider-man (PS4)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Arachnid1
The rumored Spiderman title surprisingly ended up being real. I love me some Spidey, so I'm hyped. I just hope its not like the previous Amazing Spiderman games. They screwed those up. Also, not liking the new suit.

sLm1A2-Fr7s

-Pr-
Might be good.

BruceSkywalker
I'm stoked for this... loving the new spidey duds

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by Arachnid1
The rumored Spiderman title surprisingly ended up being real. I love me some Spidey, so I'm hyped. I just hope its not like the previous Amazing Spiderman games. They screwed those up. Also, not liking the new suit.

sLm1A2-Fr7s
New suit looks alright. But if that logo were black, it'd be way better. That much white in the center kind of makes it a little jarring.

Also, I am sincerely hoping that this game has an open-world and web-swinging mechanic like that in the Spider-Man 2 game by Treyarch, Stoked for this. One of my favourite characters in a game by one of my favourite developers.

Zack Fair
Footage look good.

ares834
Looks decent. I've enjoyed most of the Spider-Man games so I have faith in this. But damn is Spidey's outfit awful.

CosmicComet
I thought Spidey's outfit looked great.

Game itself looked amazing.

Sony did so great.

Impediment
WTF is that outfit?

Looks good, overall.

Astner
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Game itself looked amazing.
What game? It's a cinematic trailer.

CPT Space Bomb
The gameplay looks good, but I agree that suit is retarded.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Astner
What game? It's a cinematic trailer.

Its gameplay

Battlefield 1 now that's a cinematic trailer.

Quincy
This looks fun as hell.

I'm sure they'll give us a bunch of alt costumes so I wouldn't worry about the suit

steverules_2
Hope it's free to roam around the city, the other games are so don't see why this shouldn't the same. For me as far as spider-man games go nothing beats Spider-man PS1 and Spider-Man 2 movie game PS2.

Kazenji
The game won't be tied into the upcoming movie Marvel creative director Bill Rosemann says

and

Insomniac confirms that Spider-Man's E3 trailer was all in-game PS4 footage

https://www.destructoid.com/insomniac-confirms-that-spider-man-s-e3-trailer-was-all-in-game-ps4-footage-370175.phtml

Arachnid1
http://www.gamesradar.com/spider-man-ps4-news/

There was a potential leak of the plot days ago, but it was removed so take it with a grain of salt.

The main villain may be Green Goblin, which I'm 100% behind. He needs to star in his own Spidey game.

steverules_2
I hope they get GG looking right

Demonic Phoenix
K4zm30yeHHE

Looks like Arkham-esque combat. I thought the navigation in combat areas was a lot like Shattered Dimensions, but probably wrong.

Free-roam navigation looks pretty good. Need to actually play it though.

Also, dem QTEs. And Miles.

ares834
QTEs everywhere.

Not impressed.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by ares834
QTEs everywhere.

Not impressed. This. Swinging was great but wtf @ all the quicktime

BruceSkywalker
can't wait to play

Demonic Phoenix
QTEs with shoulder buttons as well. That's painfully annoying.

Ridley_Prime
QTE's aside, seems like a decent enough experience like a solid Batman Arkham. Considering this.

Kazenji
Going to put those previous games from Beenox to shame this new one

good to see Mr Negative is getting some love too.

Adam Grimes
This looked solid tbh

Smasandian
You might as well call it Spiderman Asylum.

Which isn't a bad thing though....it's just nothing to get excited about.

Kazenji
Unless of course your a big fan of Spider-Man.

KingD19
The QTE's make sense, considering how Spidey uses so much of the environment in his fighting style. How else would they incorporate that into the game?

And if anything, Arkham was based of Spidey's fighting style in the first place. Just Arkham did it well in a game.

ares834
Spider-Man 2 did it over 15 years ago. I'm sorry, but QTEs are boring. They are fine for big epic moments in a boss fight but that's about the extent of it. I'd rather Spidey's fighting style be "wrong" and have no or minimal QTEs then what it is now.

Ridley_Prime
Yeah, I'm mixed on this. Could give this game a go, could pass on it... Still glad though Spider-Man got a game built from the ground-up even though there's no denying he had some great movie-licensed ones, but this could still have a bit more to it based on what was shown so far.

Kazenji
I'm on board with what Insomiac has done with the game, Might even be a day 1 buy.

-Pr-
I honestly think it looks fine. A lot of QTEs sure, but I imagine they're only doing that to make the game look intense or epic.

And in combat? The Arkham games are just heavily dressed up QTEs themselves, so I really don't mind the way it's portrayed here.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Kazenji
Unless of course your a big fan of Spider-Man.

Game looks solid to me. Hoping it works out. I haven't had fun with a Spidey game since Spider-Man 2(movie....dont remember which one) for PS2

Arachnid1
Pq02p3z3X2k

Pretty good trailer story focused, though it's starting to look like Mr. Negative is going to be the main villain in the game. I kind of hope not. I hope they're just showcasing the hell out of a specific act or villain. I like Mr. Negative but Spidey has much better villains in his gallery.

On the plus side, we got to see Shocker! His costume looks a little weird there. A helmet replaces the mask, there's spikes on the ends of his gauntlets, and he just looks more armored than usual (which kind of defeats the purpose of Shockers original outfit). Still, I always love me some Herman.

Arachnid1
I also forgot to mention Osborn as Mayor condemning Kingpin and praising Spidey (or Li, maybe?) for his bravery. That made me lol a little. I hope we get to take him down.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.