Days Gone

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Arachnid1
Another post-apocalyptic third person zombie game. It looks well made though, so worth checking out.

qkpE8neKrJU

Demonic Phoenix
Those enemies look laem.

Impediment
Days Gone..............like "Days Gone Bye" from The Walking Dead.

This looks incredibly similar to The Last of Us, but with bikers.

Estacado
I like.

Smasandian
I think it's slightly different than The Last of Us. Or at least enough to make it interesting.

If those hordes react in an organic way and not something scripted, it could be damn terrifying to experience that while playing. It felt very Resident Evil 4-ish where it's not scary but more of intense, somebody is ****ing chasing me type thing.

Quincy
Something about this fell flat to me

Smasandian
Yeah, I can totally see why somebody would say that.

I'm cautiously optimistic that this might turn out well. And vice versa.

Arachnid1
_0dW1MDi-jQ

Smasandian
Wasn't very impressed with it. It's another zombie post apocalyptic zombie game that looks like The Last of Us.

Does it have throwing objects to distract? Check.
Does it have zombies? Check.
Does it have zombie bears? Check.
Does it have a way to hide in grass? Check.

Meh. Rather re-play Last of Us.

Adam Grimes
This has potential but this new trailer didn't show anything interesting imo.

Smasandian
It didn't.

This game seems very generic gameplay wise and setting.

Impediment
Is this a sandbox map or open world?

Smasandian
Nobody knows!

I assuming its open world but a linear-ish experience.

Impediment
I like what I've seen, so far.

I'm still iffy, though.

Kazenji
Still on the fence with this game, If by some chance it gets amazing scores when it comes out might check it out.

BackFire
Yeah I'm going to wait for reviews. Looks promising but I dunno.

Smasandian
Yes. A few earlier previews were not kind to this game. However, previews from a few months ago said it has gotten better.

The videos don't look too great. If this was a more prominent developer...I would give them the benefit of the doubt but they aren't.

Kazenji
Looking at their previous..They did the first Syphon Filter and it's sequels, Resistance for the PSP and the Uncharted game for the Vita.

Smasandian
Meh...Syphon Filter was released years ago and creating a couple of handheld titles is not the same as creating a triple AAA title.

The people who made those games are probably long gone by now.

Kazenji
So really they've done **** all in the end since Syphon Filter.

Bro SMASH
I'm more interested in this than TLOU Part 2.

Trocity
Wow, really? TLOU 2 is gonna be way better than this game.

Arachnid1
Yeah I've got very little interest in this from what I've seen (I'll wait for reviews). TLOU2 is something I'm actually pretty excited for.

Bro SMASH
This game looks way more interesting than TLOU2. I don't see what's the big deal about that game.

Originally posted by Smasandian
Meh...Syphon Filter was released years ago and creating a couple of handheld titles is not the same as creating a triple AAA title.

The people who made those games are probably long gone by now.

Actually, they're still there. They were really getting tired of Syphon Filter and wanted to move on to something else and that's why they made this game.

Smasandian
Sure. I don't really believe that since the last game was 2007 and it was a portable.

I'm not saying that Days Gone isn't going to be good. Just saying they are not getting benefit of the doubt considering trailers/gameplay footage and previews have not been fantastic.

Bro SMASH
That's what they said in interview which is why Gabe was seemingly killed off at the end of the last game.

Well, I'm getting this game and skipping TLOU2. Sony Bend is a trustworthy company and to be honest, Days Gone is closest thing to how I think a sequel to TLOU should be; focused on a different group of people.

Kazenji
I'm not even hyped for TLOU2, Played the first game...eh it was okay nothing amazing.

jaden_2.0

Smasandian
I enjoyed this game.

The best part is the hordes...once you level up enough, they are manageable but they are still ****ing terrifying. The final horde is super nuts...

But easily the best part though.

I enjoyed the weapons, shooting and different abilities....but a lot of it is paint by numbers.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.