General Grievous vs. Savage Opress

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

|King Joker|
General Grievous as of Revenge of the Sith; Savage Opress as of The Clone Wars Season 5.

This is a CANON ONLY match.

Battle takes place on Umbara.

Petrus
Savage.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by Petrus
Savage. Reasons?

Petrus
Originally posted by |King Joker|
Reasons?

Overall superior combative showings, better stamina, great TK.

Canon Grievous sucks, and there are very few battles in which he doesn't run away because he got his ass kicked.

Emperordmb
Grievous IMO. He's had time to progress since TCW and his shit TCW showings shouldn't be a cap on his ability.

Trocity
Originally posted by Petrus
Canon Grievous sucks, and there are very few battles in which he doesn't run away because he got his ass kicked.

SOD Maul must really suck then.

Petrus
SoD Maul > Grievous, and they're not comparable.

Trocity
Yeah that's why Maul stomps him in their SoD confronta- oh wait.

Petrus
Originally posted by Trocity
Yeah that's why Maul stomps him in their SoD confronta- oh wait.

So you think that Grievous would win the majority against him? How many out of 10?

Trocity
I don't think Grievous would win a majority against Maul at all, I just take issue with the "Grievous sucks in canon" comment. By the end of the clone wars, he's quite good actually. He floors Maul with a kick during one of their SoD fights.

Maul is obviously better, but he's not stomping Grievous. Neither is Savage.

Petrus
Originally posted by Trocity
I don't think Grievous would win a majority against Maul at all, I just take issue with the "Grievous sucks in canon" comment. By the end of the clone wars, he's quite good actually. He floors Maul with a kick during one of their SoD fights.

Maul is obviously better, but he's not stomping Grievous. Neither is Savage.

I never said Savage would stomp Grievous. To be fair, I don't really think he sucks, I just think he's overrated in TCW.

He also floors Kenobi with several kicks throughout their TCW encounters, and Kenobi beats him anyway.

MythLord
Canon GG stalemated Maul on a Dark Side Nexus... I'm sure he can take Savage. That is... unless he goes all-out jobber.

Beniboybling
I'm guessing Savage's fight with Plo Koon would be discluded from Canon only? Or are we counting TCW tie-ins?

|King Joker|
It's discluded, yeah.

Kurk
Canon Ventress>Canon Grievous
Savage>Ventress

Savage takes a majority

Beniboybling
yes

|King Joker|
Honestly, I don't think Savage would do well in a duel against Grievous, style-wise.

DarthAnt66
Grievous absolutely destroyed TCW Kenobi in those S7 episodes on starwars.com. He wins.

Emperordmb
Yeah Grievous seems to have improved noticeably since Season 5 of TCW

DarthAnt66
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAe5Ogs6a-c&t=6m55s

thumb up

Beniboybling
Meh, he grips him by the throat in a bladelock, then manhandles him as he's done in the past.

Hardly indicative of a massive improvement, his unpredictable anatomy is not a new feature. And certainly not something that would work on Savage.

EDIT: Almost exactly the same as this, yet he goes for the face instead of the throat, and gloats instead of pressing his advantage.

So Grievous is just... not stupid anymore I guess?

Kurk
The difference is that Savage is not near-middle aged man confined to the morals of the jedi. If Grievous tries to man-handle Savage, he'll have his arm ripped out of his socket.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Beniboybling
yes

Beniboybling
Honestly, I don't think Savage would do well in a duel against Grievous, style-wise. I agree tbh, even though I feel Savage is the better combatant.

However what I don't see Grievous doing well against is Savage's Force powers, if the going gets tough their is really little stopping Savage pulping his gut sacks.

|King Joker|
I agree tbh, even though I feel Savage is the better combatant.

However what I don't see Grievous doing well against is Savage's Force powers, if the going gets tough their is really little stopping Savage pulping his gut sacks. I guess it depends if Savage would have the opportunity to disengage and use his Force power when Grievous gets in close and initiates a duel.

DarthAnt66
Are we counting the RotS novel as canon? If so, there definitely shouldn't be any debate here.

Stealth Moose
Savage TK's Grievous, unless they fight on a metal floor.

Seriously, why is this even a contest? He has ****-all for Force defense.

Beniboybling
I guess it depends if Savage would have the opportunity to disengage and use his Force power when Grievous gets in close and initiates a duel. Grievous isn't good enough to press him that much tbh; Savage is faster, more agile and maybe even stronger, he's also capable of using the Force in situ.Originally posted by Stealth Moose
Savage TK's Grievous, unless they fight on a metal floor.

Seriously, why is this even a contest? He has ****-all for Force defense. He man-handled Kenobi tho. confused

FreshestSlice
Then Kenobi goes into the zone, as is standard for canon Force Users, and murder him. Savage will probably do something similar here. That's just how canon works.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Then Kenobi goes into the zone, as is standard for canon Force Users, and murder him. Savage will probably do something similar here. That's just how canon works.

Plot-induced bursts of "I'm now much better" work well in stories, but aren't objective measuring sticks in theoretical versus battles.

In any case, unless a latter episode of TCW details Grievous becoming Force sensitive and tanking TK from Yoda and I simply missed it, there's no good argument as to why he can't be pushed around like a ragdoll. Additionally, Savage has no reason to obey bushido either; he crushes Grievous' eyes or heart like a grape.

|King Joker|
Grievous isn't good enough to press him that much tbh; Savage is faster, more agile and maybe even stronger, he's also capable of using the Force in situ. Stronger? Quite possibly. But how is Savage faster and more agile?

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
Plot-induced bursts of "I'm now much better" work well in stories, but aren't objective measuring sticks in theoretical versus battles.

In any case, unless a latter episode of TCW details Grievous becoming Force sensitive and tanking TK from Yoda and I simply missed it, there's no good argument as to why he can't be pushed around like a ragdoll. Additionally, Savage has no reason to obey bushido either; he crushes Grievous' eyes or heart like a grape.
I like how you felt a need to seriously respond to that.

Beniboybling
Stronger? Quite possibly. But how is Savage faster and more agile? In terms of speed he's blitzed Halsey, swiped Plo Koon's mask, outflanked and disarmed Ventress, and kept pace with Darth Sidious better than the B-Team did.

On the other hand we have Grievous overextending against Fisto, being evaded by Ahsoka and Ventress outpacing him.

As far as agility is concerned granted Grievous' anatomy gives him impressive acrobatic ability, but Savage just seems less of a lumbering combatant. For example I don't see Grievous performing like this:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11117/111179633/4625060-savage+dodges+kenobi+2.gif http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11117/111179633/4625071-savage+dodges+kenobi.gif

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11117/111179633/4625057-savage+disarms+jedi.gif http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11117/111179633/4625086-savage+flanks+kenobi.gif

DarthAnt66
Rofl, you don't think Grievous can ****ing jump?

cs_zoltan
For example I don't see Grievous performing like this:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11117/111179633/4625057-savage+disarms+jedi.gif

https://youtu.be/6Wz5Ywza1yA?t=1m22s

Beniboybling
Not remotely the same lol.Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Rofl, you don't think Grievous can ****ing jump? Lawls, while weighed down and faster than Kenobi can swing? I doubt it.

DarthAnt66
Woah guys, watch out as Opress jumps on a platform. Really raising the bar here. thumb up

Zenwolf
I don't think those count anyway, since they weren't officially released. (The vid Zoltan posted)

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Zenwolf
I don't think those count anyway, since they weren't officially released. (The vid Zoltan posted)
Nah, they count.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Nah, they count.

Says where?

Beniboybling
Woah guys, watch out as Opress jumps on a platform. Really raising the bar here. thumb up Rather missing the point, no surprises there.

DarthAnt66
@zen:

http://www.starwars.com/databank

kys thumb up

DarthAnt66
Rather missing the point, no surprises there.
The point was Opress can perform shit Grievous can't.

You posted a gif of Opress ****ing jumping as an example.

Jumping on shit is something I can do and quite frankly profile worthy.

cs_zoltan
Not remotely the same lol.

Exactly. Grievous shits all over that and then you say he can't perform like that. It's time to euthanize you Beni.

Beniboybling
Jumping on shit is something I can do and quite frankly profile worthy. laughing out loud

DarthAnt66
http://www.wikihow.com/Jump

Seems pretty straightforward.

Zenwolf
@zen:

http://www.starwars.com/databank

kys thumb up

What am I suppose to be looking for?

Beniboybling
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
Exactly. Grievous shits all over that and then you say he can't perform like that. It's time to euthanize you Beni. No that's just not a feat of agility, like at all. erm

DarthAnt66
It's time to euthanize you Beni.
The local animal shelter offers free euthanasia, I heard. thumb up

DarthAnt66
What am I suppose to be looking for?
The articles on the bitches from the reels?

cs_zoltan
No that's just not a feat of agility, like at all. erm

Take these Beni, all at once preferably:

http://puu.sh/ptFMH/10b017bb27.jpg

Beniboybling
I'm not seeing a concession among them Zoltan, wrong image?

Zenwolf
I'm still not seeing where it says those are confirmed as canon Ant.

cs_zoltan
I'm not seeing a concession among them Zoltan, wrong image?

If you seriously think that Grievous can't ****ing jump over the strike of a ****ing fodder jedi then you might be worse than Legend...

Beniboybling
I'm still not seeing where it says those are confirmed as canon Ant. They are Canon Zen, they're part of the TCW Legacy project:

http://www.starwars.com/tv-shows/the-clone-wars-legacy

Noting that the worlds, locations, characters in those arcs have Databank entries.

Zenwolf
They are Canon Zen, they're part of the TCW Legacy project:

http://www.starwars.com/tv-shows/the-clone-wars-legacy

Noting that the worlds, locations, characters in those arcs have Databank entries.

Well thanks for linking me to the right place Beni.

Beniboybling
If you seriously think that Grievous can't ****ing jump over the strike of a ****ing fodder jedi then you might be worse than Legend... Calm down dear, he did more than jump a strike, he easily evaded his attacks in rapid succession then disarmed him, and seeing as Grievous couldn't evade frikken Gungans, I have serious doubts the General could do the same. wink

Beniboybling
Well thanks for linking me to the right place Beni. You're welcome. smile

Aurbere
Calm down dear, he did more than jump a strike, he easily evaded his attacks in rapid succession then disarmed him, and seeing as Grievous couldn't evade frikken Gungans, I have serious doubts the General could do the same. wink

Not your best idea.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Aurbere
Not your best idea. Kys smile

Nah but really, I highly doubt in a fight with Grievous that any of Halsey's strikes would connect, but given his other performances, I really don't see Grievous tooling him with such that level of fluidity and nimbleness. Grievous is none of those things, and holistically speaking he's just not as agile as Savage.

Selenial
I'm going to save this thread for future use, seeing as Beni suggests I underrate the good general and even I'm genuinely on the verge of commiting after seeing this.

The local animal shelter offers free euthanasia, I heard. thumb up

That implies that he's even classified as sentient anymore, let alone an animal.

Beniboybling
Lmao I appreciate your input Sel.

Selenial
Lmao I appreciate your input Sel.

anytime smile

Aurbere
Kys smile

http://pm1.narvii.com/5920/3ca160d8b68f58302cb64b716444ed839cab4e74_hq.jpg

Emperordmb
An hero timing Beni. You can do it yourself or we can lead you into a grassy plain and fire a shot between your eyes.

Beniboybling
I would say I value your input too DMB, but that would be lying. sad

Aurbere
Rofl

Selenial
I would say I value your input too DMB, but that would be lying. sad

>implying you genuinely did value my input during which I called you sub-sentient

kek

FreshestSlice
I agree with you, Beni. Grievous is just a hulking brute. smile

Emperordmb
HE'S A BARBARIAN HEFTING A CUDGEL!!!

I do find it funny how Savage pulling that shit on Halsey makes him faster and more agile than Grievous when Savage even after a bit of refinement was getting casually slapped around by Dooku tbh

Beniboybling
Straw man and non-sequitur in one-post? That's impressive DMB. smile

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Selenial
>implying you genuinely did value my input during which I called you sub-sentient

kek I'm hurt Sel, such a lack of faith. sad

Emperordmb
Straw man? I was just taking the opportunity for some good ol Jensaarai1 mockery. Not really meant to be taken seriously in the context of debating.

Darth Thor
Savage due to his TK.

Kurk
Sabers only: Grievous

I agree, Savage's fighting style isn't practical against Grievous but I still give him the win in all out due to TK and overall strength.

Deronn_solo
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Savage due to his TK.

Syndicate
Grievous without too much trouble.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Syndicate
Grievous without too much trouble.

LOL

Deronn_solo
Don't mind him. Syndi has a GG themed dildo in his closet somewhere

quanchi112
Opress wins.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.