King Adas runs the H2H Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
* He gets a full heal before each battle.

* No force augmentation.

1. Obi-Wan Kenobi

2. Padawan Ahsoka Tano

3. Handmaiden Brianna

4. Meetra Surik

5. Asajj Ventress

6. Chewbacca

7. General Grievous

8. Marka Ragnos

9. Savage Opress

10. Darth Vader

Jmanghan
I'm not too knowledgeable on SW H2H feats outside of games, so this is the best list I could come up with.

MythLord
Why is Ahsoka above Kenobi? LOL. One tussled with Durge and Grievous, the other fought Clones. In fact, why are most of these characters ahead of Kenobi? The guy has some insane H2H skills.
Anyways, should stop at 1.

Jmanghan
Tbh, Size does matter, quite a bit in the SW Universe.

A lot more then you might think, actually, especially when it comes to H2H.

Ignoring the fact that Adas should be able to throw these guys around like ragdolls is stupid.

Feats are feats, yeah, thats great and all.

But I don't think you appreciate the size and strength of this guy.

Strength matters, a lot.

This is a guy thats taller and possibly stronger then a wampa.

I doubt a punch from Obi-Wan or Asajj would even hurt him, with only the heaviest of hitters being able to do anything.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Characters less strong than Vader have bested wampas in physical combat before though :/

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Characters less strong than Vader have bested wampas in physical combat before though :/ Thats not the point.

The point is, the dude is getting lowballed for not having legit feats when his size alone makes him a formidable opponent for anyone on this list.

Imagine the scene with Chewbacca choking Lando in ESB, only this time, Chewbacca is replaced with Adas, and Lando is replaced with Vader.

Emperordmb
Thats not the point.

The point is, the dude is getting lowballed for not having legit feats when his size alone makes him a formidable opponent for anyone on this list.

Imagine the scene with Chewbacca choking Lando in ESB, only this time, Chewbacca is replaced with Adas, and Lando is replaced with Vader.
Except Lando doesn't have heavy duty cybernetics and a shit ton of Force augmentation... Vader does. Judging this fight from size alone is ****ing retarded.

Jmanghan
Except Lando doesn't have heavy duty cybernetics and a shit ton of Force augmentation... Vader does. Judging this fight from size alone is ****ing retarded. Thats why I completely removed Force Augmentation from the gauntlet.

DarthAnt66
Including augmentation, 7 or 8.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Except Lando doesn't have heavy duty cybernetics and a shit ton of Force augmentation... Vader does. Judging this fight from size alone is ****ing retarded.

If you haven't noticed, so is the person you're talking to. smile

Emperordmb
Thats why I completely removed Force Augmentation from the gauntlet.
Fair enough

Jmanghan
* He gets a full heal before each battle.

* No force augmentation.

DarthAnt66
Yeah, that's retarded*, so I'm ignoring that. thumb up

*Not that this thread isn't retarded in the first place.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Yeah, that's retarded*, so I'm ignoring that. thumb up How?

And why is the thread retarded if you JUST said he'd get to 7 instead of saying "stops at 1" like MythLord.

I base my H2H from what I see off games, movies, and the TV series'.

I base my arguments off word of mouth because I don't desire to own a star wars novel or comic.

Aurbere
How?

And why is the thread retarded if you JUST said he'd get to 7 instead of saying "stops at 1" like MythLord.

I base my H2H from what I see off games, movies, and the TV series'.

I base my arguments off word of mouth because I don't desire to own a star wars novel or comic.

This is a case where you should think before you post.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by MythLord
Why is Ahsoka above Kenobi? LOL. One tussled with Durge and Grievous, the other fought Clones. In fact, why are most of these characters ahead of Kenobi? The guy has some insane H2H skills.
Anyways, should stop at 1. By 'tussled with' do you mean getting the shit beat out of himself consistently?

MythLord
Tbh, Size does matter, quite a bit in the SW Universe.

Guess that means Uncle Owen pwns Yoda's shit in? Seriously, one of the biggest concepts in Star Wars is size doesn't matter.

A lot more then you might think, actually, especially when it comes to H2H.

Not really. You can be tall all you want, if someone's stronger than you, you'll get knocked out.

Ignoring the fact that Adas should be able to throw these guys around like ragdolls

Which is stupid and baseless.

is stupid.

Great way to describe this post of yours.

Feats are feats, yeah, thats great and all.

But I don't think you appreciate the size and strength of this guy.

The strength of... wielding two axes when fodder could only wield one...

Strength matters, a lot.

Indeed, and Kenobi > Adas in strength.

Based on nothing. Your scaling is a faulty scan from a flashback, which means little. Also, a pre-prime, severely injured Maul crushed a Wampa H2H, yet Kenobi matched his strength just fine and Vader is even stronger. And you have lesser known Jedi who, albeit specialized in H2H combat, that are inferior to Kenobi strength-wise knocking Wampa's around like playthings.

I doubt a punch from Obi-Wan or Asajj would even hurt him, with only the heaviest of hitters being able to do anything.

Given the fact that Kenobi has the strength to open Grievous' chestplate, bend his arm like a cheapspoon, contend with Anakin, contend with Maul, etc. etc. in a strength bout, he certainly has the chops to bring Adas down, who's best feat is being tall and wielding two axes.

MythLord
Originally posted by |King Joker|
By 'tussled with' do you mean getting the shit beat out of himself consistently?
Opening Grievous' chestplate and bending his arm like a cheap spoon is tussling, yeah. Sure they managed to pound Kenobi around, but the guy still kept going and landed some good hits on them.

|King Joker|
Both impressive feats of strength, yes, (though I'm not sure how seriously I take Kenobi bending Grievous's arm like a cheap spoon per the RotS novel) but I don't see how those two instances are examples of skill. Kenobi was being thrown around by Grievous in the movie and he regularly gets kicked, grappled, and thrown by Grievous in their TCW duels. The only thing I remember from Kenobi's encounter with Durge is Kenobi literally being pummeled.

I'm not questioning Kenobi's skill in H2H, just the examples you're using to prove it. mmm

Petrus
Eh, Kenobi doesn't really impress me H2H, tbh.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by Petrus
Eh, Kenobi doesn't really impress me H2H, tbh. same but i had to compromise

Petrus
same but i had to compromise

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f6/t627953.html

Zenwolf
Well if we include Legends here....since it seems we are since Adas is such a character. Obi-Wan has shown some decent martial arts.

Though Jedi aren't really about Martial Arts, aside from Lightsaber combat. They are trained in all manner of physical disciplines however.

If you will take Barriss(Legends, Padawan), she was able to keep up against Phow Ji(a legit superhuman) in martial combat, despite the fact the latter was a champion martial artist in various MA including Teras Kasi, Echani, Hapen, Tae-Jitsu and a dozen others.

I know it's scaling here, but considering the fact before the fight it's noted all Jedi were trained in the same disciplines, it should count and Obi-Wan having shown superior strength and more Martial Art ability(as I recall he's had some various H2H showings in TCW too) should give him a standing.

Sure Obi-Wan has taken beatings, but that also shows just how durable he is too.

MythLord
Both impressive feats of strength, yes, (though I'm not sure how seriously I take Kenobi bending Grievous's arm like a cheap spoon per the RotS novel) but I don't see how those two instances are examples of skill. Kenobi was being thrown around by Grievous in the movie and he regularly gets kicked, grappled, and thrown by Grievous in their TCW duels. The only thing I remember from Kenobi's encounter with Durge is Kenobi literally being pummeled.

I'm not questioning Kenobi's skill in H2H, just the examples you're using to prove it. mmm

I mentioned the examples more for Obi-Wan's sheer strength and durability and why it should be superior to Adas. For his skill in H2H, I'd bring up beating one of the Zigerions four armed champions, contending with Anakin and landing kicks on Maul and Savage.

|King Joker|
Okay, fair enough.

Jmanghan
"Ruling nearly 3,000 years before the rise of the Galactic Republic, King Adas was a
massive, regal being encased in majestic ebon warrior armor. Raised from his youth as a
chosen being due to the charcoal pigment of his skin, Adas demonstrated great
intelligence, fighting prowess, and a tremendous aptitude for Sith magic."

So yeah, good shit.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.