Darth Vader vs Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

psycho gundam
http://www.sideshowtoy.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/902320-product-feature1.jpg

vs

http://media.comicbook.com/2015/12/thor-164280.jpg

NO bfr and they fight on Coruscant

quanchi112
Thor stomps.

carver9
Vader wins.

quanchi112
Originally posted by carver9
Vader wins. Based on ?

carver9
His blade and Thor in character way of fighting.

quanchi112
Originally posted by carver9
His blade and Thor in character way of fighting. Vader struggled with a noob Luke. Thor is faster, far stronger, better reflexes in character, and far more powerful. Vader gets wrecked.

NotAllThatEvil
Vader mind tricks him then puts the squeeze on that asgardian windpipe.

quanchi112
Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
Vader mind tricks him then puts the squeeze on that asgardian windpipe. Have you seen the films ?

NotAllThatEvil
the film where Wanda shows that thor can easily be mind tricked? yeah.

quanchi112
the film where Wanda shows that thor can easily be mind tricked? yeah. Vader does not have her powers to her extent. Wtf. Lol.

NotAllThatEvil
whats the biggest thing wanda has moved with her mind?

quanchi112
whats the biggest thing wanda has moved with her mind? When has Vader in combat made an opponent stop fighting him ?

NotAllThatEvil
when has wanda forced someone to fall in love with her?

quanchi112
when has wanda forced someone to fall in love with her? What the hell are you talking about ? Vader loses accept the evidence.

NotAllThatEvil
what evidence? I'm just trying to figure out if vader's powers match up to wanda's. I thought a good way to do that would be lifting capacity but I thought you wanted to talk about the other stuff they did(which i don't really see how we can reasonably compare those feats really). so I thought I'd go along. but as it stands, vader beats thor. smile

quanchi112
what evidence? I'm just trying to figure out if vader's powers match up to wanda's. I thought a good way to do that would be lifting capacity but I thought you wanted to talk about the other stuff they did(which i don't really see how we can reasonably compare those feats really). so I thought I'd go along. but as it stands, vader beats thor. smile We look at who she used her powers and the level of formidability they are and then compare them to Luke and Han Solo. smile

Thor wins. Vader failed against Luke fully trained rather pitifully.

NotAllThatEvil
luke killed people with his mind and was expected to lift space ships out of swamps. he also played the mind games pretty well at jabba's palace. han isn't has good as hawkeye but vader took him down in seconds while wanda got tazered in the head so...anny still wins smile

quanchi112
luke killed people with his mind and was expected to lift space ships out of swamps. he also played the mind games pretty well at jabba's palace. han isn't has good as hawkeye but vader took him down in seconds while wanda got tazered in the head so...anny still wins smile So what ? Wanda liked multiple objects while in the duress of combat unlike Luke's failure while completely focused. Vader got tagged first and Han is a joke.

BruceSkywalker
not sure if Vader can force choke Thor ...

I need to see evidence

KingD19
Thor isn't weak minded fodder, so Mind Trick won't work. Vader's never even used that technique. Wanda has shown no limit on who she can effect so far, and even messed with Cap, Thor's godly brain, etc... She even read Ultron's mind when it was close enough to human.

He's probably durable enough, especially with his armor to tank at least a couple saber slashes, but he's far faster than Vader in a fight already.

Vader won't take more than one good whack or throw from Mjolnir.

Thor can zap him with lightning, and we see how that goes for Vader.

Thor has literally every advantage.

quanchi112
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
not sure if Vader can force choke Thor ...

I need to see evidence Thor oneshots him.

Khazra Reborn
Originally posted by quanchi112
Thor oneshots him.

thumb up

The Ellimist
Vader wins this. It isn't a matter of power output or raw strength - it's a matter of the first strike and range advantages of precognition + telekinesis.

Before Thor can do anything - lift his hammer, move towards Vader, etc. - Vader, who can see and react to things before they happen, pins Thor to the ground with telekinesis. Or he flings him into the air, or even turns him around.

Of course, you could argue that Thor is strong enough to break out of this - but it'll take him time. And in that time, Vader can hurl his lightsaber at him and kill him, or just get up close and cut his head off.

What's Thor going to do? Up close, he obviously gets cut and dice by Vader's saber. From a distance, his lightning has much too long a windup to stop, say, a saber throw, a Force pull onto a blade, etc.

Originally posted by KingD19 Wanda has shown no limit on who she can effect so far, and even messed with Cap, Thor's godly brain, etc...

That seems pretty conveniently circular, to scale Scarlet off of Thor, lmao.

lol wut, based on what?

Good thing he possesses precognition sufficient to deflect coordinated blaster fire, eh?

Except he really doesn't. His attacks are too slow, and his head is too squishy for Vader to not cut it off.

Vader wins.

BruceSkywalker
Thor oneshots him.

yep

carthage
Vader ragdolls him

quanchi112
Originally posted by carthage
Vader ragdolls him laughing out loud

Nibedicus
Mind Tricks only work on weak minds. I doubt that it would work on a god-alein that's lived hundreds of years and faced countless battles (age, experience, battle hardiness) that needs to prove his worthiness to a "magic" hammer.

And if Thor throws his hammer, Vader isn't going to be deflecting it or stopping it via the force. And his movie version isn't really the best dodger. And the hammer has been seen hitting orbit in under 2-3 second, so it's pretty damned fast.

He is durable enough to face tank the rainbow bridge explosion at ground zero with zero injuries.

He is also fast enough with his hammer to nonchalantly deflect multiple Chitauri energy bolts (and he does this without precog) and dodge a thrown wing at close range while moving forward. So he's not slow.

And while Vader isn't slow, he is not very fast in saber dueling vs other jedis (and tends to more often power thru his opponents during a saber lock) either, from his showings. He's been a lot slower since getting burned and cyborg-ed. Even his Rebels TV showings weren't really fast.

Vader isn't overpowering Thor with the force. And he's certainly not going to be able to pin him down before Thor throws his hammer (w/c is his go-to move). Vader isn't deflecting the hammer and he's not likely to dodge it.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Nibedicus

He is also fast enough with his hammer to nonchalantly deflect multiple Chitauri energy bolts (and he does this without precog) and dodge a thrown wing at close range while moving forward. So he's not slow.

Correct.

Thor has shown he's clearly faster than Hulk.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Correct.

Thor has shown he's clearly faster than Hulk. More skilled not faster, kiddo.

NotAllThatEvil
For a battle hardened centuries old god alien, thor falls for lokis ilusions pretty easily.

Nibedicus
For a battle hardened centuries old god alien, thor falls for lokis ilusions pretty easily.

Well, seeing as Loki is just as old and possibly almost as battle-hardened and specializes in trickery, how is that surprising?

quanchi112
For a battle hardened centuries old god alien, thor falls for lokis ilusions pretty easily. Your point ?

NotAllThatEvil
Just saying while mighty and strong would work, i would not describe thor as strong minded. When faced against the ether whatever his plan was to simply bash it with his hammer.

quanchi112
Just saying while mighty and strong would work, i would not describe thor as strong minded. When faced against the ether whatever his plan was to simply bash it with his hammer. Vader can't make him stop attacking therefore he dies

NotAllThatEvil
"this is not the sith you're looking for."
"you're not the sith I'm looking for.
"you want to go have a drink of mead"
"I want to go have a drink of mead....."

TheLordofMurder
"this is not the sith you're looking for."
"you're not the sith I'm looking for.
"you want to go have a drink of mead"
"I want to go have a drink of mead....."

laughing out loud

Excellent post!

thumb up

Silent Master
Darth Vader: "I'm not the Sith you're looking for."
Thor: Throws Mjolnir
Darth Vader: Dies
Thor: Goes for mead

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Silent Master

I do agree that that is undoubtably what would really happen...

Nibedicus
Just saying while mighty and strong would work, i would not describe thor as strong minded. When faced against the ether whatever his plan was to simply bash it with his hammer.

That is quite a false comparison. One's ability to create intelligent plans has zero bearing on one's strength of mind. That is about intelligence, not strength of mind.

And his plan was not to destroy the ether, his plan was to have Malekith remove the Ether from Jane to save her life (and then deal with the consequences as best he could or deal with Malekith's threat himself). And btw, while not really proceeding as smoothly as it should have, his plan did work because he had the will to see it thru. The threat of Malekith was ended. So there goes your whole argument.

Essentially:

NotAllThatEvil
So what counts as a strong mind? Is just bring a main character, because thats stupid. Thor falls for illusions, can't come with a good plan, and has gone down to mind tricks before. His plot armour ain't that thick.

Silent Master
What is Vader's best feat of using the jmt?

Nibedicus
So what counts as a strong mind? Is just bring a main character, because thats stupid. Thor falls for illusions, can't come with a good plan, and has gone down to mind tricks before. His plot armour ain't that thick.

Falling for a master illusionist's illusions does not a weak mind make. Seeing that he doesn't have Jedi precog.

And his "plan" worked so I don't know what the heck you're talking about with "can't come up with a good plan".

I'm going to assume that experience, battle hardiness and worthiness make good indicators of one's "strength of mind".

And as far as Jedi Mind Tricks are concerned, Vader couldn't even JMT the location of the Death Star plans out of some random rebel scrub. So not looking too good for his JMT.

TheVaultDweller
One lightning strike and Vader is screwed. And for people who claim Thor is too slow and needs to charge up first, Thor fires a lightning blast at Ultron by simply thrusting his hammer forward, at 2:44:

EPL0exFaV38

StiltmanFTW
There's a decent chance that his lightsaber can deflect/absorb it.

Size matters not - he deflected a blast from a f*cking Rebel tank in new comics.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Size matters not - he deflected a blast from a f*cking Rebel tank in new comics.

Well, that's just getting silly at this point. Which raises the question, what all are we considering canon for this fight? Films? Pres-suit feats (where applicable)? Clone Wars? Rebels? Comics related to the films?

Nibedicus
There's a decent chance that his lightsaber can deflect/absorb it.

Blasters aren't lightning tho.

He catches blaster bolts with his bare hands from Solo with zero effect. One hit would have killed Luke.

But a few seconds indirect exposure from Sid's lightning shut down his light support almost immediately. Something Luke survived even with prolonged direct exposure.

I know their deflection is far more effective via the lightsaber, but the same level of vulnerability would apply wouldn't it? The way Tutaminis works.

Darkstorm Zero
Ok, I am going to side with the majority and say Thor wins.

Now, don't get me wrong, Vader is a truly good opponent who has a decent amount of advantages, including more versatile powers and weapons.

However, Thor's powerset is pretty much tailor made to wreck Vader's shit post Mustafar. The suit is not capable of deflecting or absorbing the lightning Thor will be throwing into him. Thor is also quite capable of outpacing Vader's sedated fighting style, even if the Sith Lord can predict high speed movement in advance, Vader's cyber body couldn't keep up that level of speed for long, nor can it withstand more than a few direct blows from Mjolnir.

And for those who wish to try and say mind trick will work, consider this. Nibedicus called it right, because knowledge is only one part of a strong mind, what matters more than knowledge? Wisdom, and a strong sense of willpower. Thor's willpower is what renders him incredibly difficult for a force powered mind trick to work. Loki's illusions are not psionic in nature like the force is, they are actual optical and physical illusions, it's a completely different kind of illusion from force suggestion or mind trick.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
One lightning strike and Vader is screwed. And for people who claim Thor is too slow and needs to charge up first, Thor fires a lightning blast at Ultron by simply thrusting his hammer forward, at 2:44:

EPL0exFaV38

Lol @ anyone who thought he couldn't just blast on the spot.

NotAllThatEvil
Blasters aren't lightning tho.

He catches blaster bolts with his bare hands from Solo with zero effect. One hit would have killed Luke.

But a few seconds indirect exposure from Sid's lightning shut down his light support almost immediately. Something Luke survived even with prolonged direct exposure.

I know their deflection is far more effective via the lightsaber, but the same level of vulnerability would apply wouldn't it? The way Tutaminis works.

The lightning didn't kill vader. His life support shutting down did. Obi wan was more than capable at blocking duku's lightning with a saber and he trained vader.

Nibedicus
The lightning didn't kill vader. His life support shutting down did. Obi wan was more than capable at blocking duku's lightning with a saber and he trained vader.

Yes, I did say it shut down his life support (although I appear to have misspelled it into "light" for some reason).

Obi Wan is not Vader. And Dooku's (or Sidious' for that matter) lightning isn't even in the same neighborhood as Thor's. Feat-to-Feat, Thor's lightning would sh*t on theirs.

Basically Vader has no post-suit lightning absorption "feats", has shown a vulnerability to lightning (due to the electronics on his life support) and Thor's lightning is greater than Sid's or Dooku's (feat-to-feat).

Although, I will stress that he won't even need his lightning. A single hammer throw = game over.

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Well, that's just getting silly at this point. Which raises the question, what all are we considering canon for this fight? Films? Pres-suit feats (where applicable)? Clone Wars? Rebels? Comics related to the films?

Also, would like to add, as per mod ruling (as I was the one who specifically requested for said ruling, I remember it vividly), only movie and canon-to-movie TV series has been allowed in these forums. Comics and books are not.

Darth Thor
Yeah Canon Vader is a completely different animal to "just" Movie and Rebels Vader. That said, given the comics and novels are Canon, we could see similar feats happen in the movies/animation at some point.

Nibedicus
Yeah Canon Vader is a completely different animal to "just" Movie and Rebels Vader. That said, given the comics and novels are Canon, we could see similar feats happen in the movies/animation at some point.

And if/when said "feats" do occur, wencan come back here and bring them up.

Til then...

quanchi112
The lightning didn't kill vader. His life support shutting down did. Obi wan was more than capable at blocking duku's lightning with a saber and he trained vader. Quit being an idiot.

Darth Thor
And if/when said "feats" do occur, wencan come back here and bring them up.

Til then...

Never said otherwise.

quanchi112
Thor stomps. The reaching from the Star Wars fanatics is entertaining though. Keep up the bad work.

KingD19
Let's say Vader can block Thor's lightning, blah blah blah (other shit that isn't happening).

No way he dodges/tanks a Mjolnir throw. And his TK can't stop it in flight. Nor does he survive a shockwave slam. Thor has too many options, all of which would take out Vader pretty easy. While Thor won't have that problem.

StiltmanFTW
You're wrong about that one. Fun fact about Mjolnir; it cannot be lifted by unworthy guys, true, but it can be redirected with ease... it's not like Kuurth's hammer.

And it just so happens that Vader has a pretty potent TK.

The Ellimist

And if Thor throws his hammer,

He isn't going to get to throw his hammer.

Vader's telekinesis is much quicker on the draw than any of Thor's abilities - which means that Thor is getting pinned to the floor and/or tripped, and then decapitated pretty quickly.

The idea that he couldn't get pinned by telekinesis is silly - for one thing, him being physically tough does not allow him to immediately create a reaction force to some invisible grip that could move him in any direction - he isn't magically pinning himself against all possible motion. For another, Thor has noticeably been moved by things less formidable than Vader's telekinesis, like his inability to hold up that free-falling prison. But Vader doesn't need to affect him indefinitely - he just needs to do so enough to get in a strike.

This is a question of who gets the kill, not who has more raw power or who gets a fancier strike in.

(Of course, it goes without saying that full-Canon or Legends Vader would absolutely destroy him)

Silent Master
Funny, I've seen the movies but I can't recall Vader every fighting with the speed or using the tactics you are saying he will in this thread.

Could you post some clips?

StiltmanFTW
New canon; Marvel comics and TCW + Rebels count, too.

Nibedicus
I have never seen Vader move/react fight at speed you are saying. Pls post him covering the needed distance to decap Thor before Thor throws his hammer (w/c takes him like half a second). As tripping Thor doesn't mean he just lays there like an idiot.

And Vader isn't catching Mjolnir with his TK, pls show me clips of Vader using his TK defensively to catch anything (as we need to quantify how much force those things generate) as I can't remember him ever doing this.

New canon; Marvel comics and TCW + Rebels count, too.

Imp made a ruling (I requested it during my debate with DT IIRC) on these forums some time back (do a search). Movies and TV series count. He made an exception for TV, normally it is movie "feats" only.

Comics and novels are not allowed in the movie VS forums. Canonicity notwithstanding.

StiltmanFTW
TCW and Rebels are allowed, though? Or live-action tv series only?

Nibedicus
TCW and Rebels are allowed, though? Or live-action tv series only?

TCW and Rebels are allowed (I think he mentioned TCW as an example specifically). Although Vader is not really the same as Anakin in terms of a lot of their capabilities.

StiltmanFTW
You're right - he's better smile

As much as I like SW and dislike Thor, though, I need to admit I was just playing devil's advocate here. Thor has too much raw power, AoE attacks, crazy toughness... he's taking the majority. Vader needs to get some feats in R1.

Nibedicus
You're right - he's better smile

As much as I like SW and dislike Thor, though, I need to admit I was just playing devil's advocate here. Thor has too much raw power, AoE attacks, crazy toughness... he's taking the majority. Vader needs to get some feats in R1.

In some ways, yes. But he's lost much of his agility. He's gained a lot better at using the force, tho.

Agree and hoping for better "feats" at R1 as well.

StiltmanFTW
I always thought of him as of a Darkseid-type of a character... moving slowly on purpose, zero f*cks given, because of his vast power. But yeah, it'd be extremely hard to find Vader's acrobatic feats matching those of Anakin, even if we count Legends and stuff.

But hey, he did jump off those stairs on Bespin, OT Yoda and Kenobi have nothing that tops that cool

Darth Thor
In some ways, yes. But he's lost much of his agility. He's gained a lot better at using the force, tho.

Force powers increase all abilities.

It's just Vader never needed to show off much speed/agility in the OT, given who his opponents were.

Mega Agile Maul though confirms he's no match for Vader in Rebels.

quanchi112
Force powers increase all abilities.

It's just Vader never needed to show off much speed/agility in the OT, given who his opponents were.

Mega Agile Maul though confirms he's no match for Vader in Rebels. Vader is slower and powerful. It's the way he's always been portrayed despite DT's fanboyism.

Josh_Alexander
Vader struggled with a noob Luke. Thor is faster, far stronger, better reflexes in character, and far more powerful. Vader gets wrecked.

Thor loses! And, Vader never struggled with Luke! Luke was his son, do you think he wanted him dead? Vader could have killed him any moment he wanted. Vader is so powerfull, he can kill people through a screen. Just like he did with one of his generals. Thor is dead.

NotAllThatEvil
Vader definately has the power to kill thor, the only question is if he'll have enough time with thor being faster. I personslly think so but thats just me.

Josh_Alexander
Vader definately has the power to kill thor, the only question is if he'll have enough time with thor being faster. I personslly think so but thats just me.

he got telekinesis, so speed is not required. He can freeze thor in mid-air.

Silent Master
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
he got telekinesis, so speed is not required. He can freeze thor in mid-air.

Post an example of him doing so to a Thor level opponent.

Josh_Alexander
Post an example of him doing so to a Thor level opponent.

What do you mean!? Vader has telekinesis, he can choke Thor. As easy as that. You can check it up in youtube. I can't post links at this moments, sorry.

quanchi112
Thor loses! And, Vader never struggled with Luke! Luke was his son, do you think he wanted him dead? Vader could have killed him any moment he wanted. Vader is so powerfull, he can kill people through a screen. Just like he did with one of his generals. Thor is dead. Not based off anything logical just fanboyism. Speculation. We see them battle at the end of Rotj with Luke being fully trained how easily he bests Vader in saber combat. Vader killed someone without powers who wasn't able to harm him off screen. What a pathetic coward.

quanchi112
Vader definately has the power to kill thor, the only question is if he'll have enough time with thor being faster. I personslly think so but thats just me. Based on ?

Silent Master
What do you mean!? Vader has telekinesis, he can choke Thor. As easy as that. You can check it up in youtube. I can't post links at this moments, sorry.

When has Vader ever choked someone with Thor's durability?

NotAllThatEvil
What exactly is thor's durability. He was stabbed by loki who was visibly shaken by being beat by cap. Vader has lifted an atat and could rip chuncks of machinery apart and toss them effortlessly.

StiltmanFTW
AT-AT or AT-ST? When did it happen?

The Ellimist
I have never seen Vader move/react fight at speed you are saying. Pls post him covering the needed distance to decap Thor before Thor throws his hammer (w/c takes him like half a second). As tripping Thor doesn't mean he just lays there like an idiot.

Do you seriously think Thor can throw his hammer + the hammer travels through the air + it hits a mobile Vader before Vader can clench his fists, or just think about Thor getting thrown around?

It's ridiculous to deny that Vader could catch things with TK when the same Kylo Ren who worships him and fears he'll never be as strong as him can do so to a blaster bolt, but regardless, that wasn't really the point - the point is that Vader can, through his precognition + telekinesis + lightsaber, hit Thor before Thor can hit Vader.

Or since when can Thor stop a lightsaber throw when he's getting knocked around by telekinesis at the same time?

Ah. Well, with his comic and novel feats Vader would destroy Thor. With just the movies and Rebels series, he's still powerful enough to toss around Thor for at least the time needed to chop his head off (he does lift an AT-ST in Rebels).

NotAllThatEvil
At st are two legged ones right? The one vader lifted had four.

Silent Master
What exactly is thor's durability. He was stabbed by loki who was visibly shaken by being beat by cap. Vader has lifted an atat and could rip chuncks of machinery apart and toss them effortlessly.

1) Loki's daggers are magic and 2) post a clip of Thor being beaten by Cap

For a start. Taking punches from the Hulk, blasts from a Iron-man at 475% power and tanking the Bi-frost explosion.

NotAllThatEvil
Falling out of a plane should have killed both thor and hulk, according to fury.

Silent Master
Only it didn't kill or even injure Thor. IOW, Fury was wrong.

The Ellimist
I don't think he actually hit the ground at anywhere near terminal velocity. If just hitting the ground at terminal velocity would kill him, he would be weaker than AotC Anakin.

NotAllThatEvil
Thor escaped and flew away. Hulk passed out from falling from a lower hight.

The Ellimist
Yeah, good call. They're all much weaker than padawan Anakin, lmao.

Silent Master
Thor escaped and flew away. Hulk passed out from falling from a lower hight.

Thor flew into the ground, so again, Fury was wrong.

Nibedicus
Originally posted by The Ellimist
Do you seriously think Thor can throw his hammer + the hammer travels through the air + it hits a mobile Vader before Vader can clench his fists, or just think about Thor getting thrown around?

It's ridiculous to deny that Vader could catch things with TK when the same Kylo Ren who worships him and fears he'll never be as strong as him can do so to a blaster bolt, but regardless, that wasn't really the point - the point is that Vader can, through his precognition + telekinesis + lightsaber, hit Thor before Thor can hit Vader.

Or since when can Thor stop a lightsaber throw when he's getting knocked around by telekinesis at the same time?

Ah. Well, with his comic and novel feats Vader would destroy Thor. With just the movies and Rebels series, he's still powerful enough to toss around Thor for at least the time needed to chop his head off (he does lift an AT-ST in Rebels).

A TK push? Sure, I can imagine Vader hitting Thor with a TK push before Thor manages a hammer throw. But how's getting pushed going to stop Thor from throwing his hammer? Force choke? Still won't stop Thor from throwing his hammer.

Thor can throw the hammer without a windip. Just toss it with one hand swing. The hammer's top on screen velocity has allowed it to hit low orbit in under 2-3 seconds in The Dark World. Vader's TK would push Thor back a little bit, but nothing is stopping Thor from throwing his hammer after getting pushed back.

And Vader isn't a hammer-dodging-TK-pushing-saber-throwing-force-speeder. He can't multitask force powers like that. Even in Reberls he had to drop Ezra as soon as he started to need to defend himself from Kanan. He can't toss his saber while he's repeatedly tossing Thor via force push.

Show Vader's dodging "feats" pls. Or him stopping anything from hitting him via the force. And FYI, "feats" are not interchangeable. You cannot use Kylo's showings and use it for Vader. And no, at 100 yards starting range (as per mod ruling) no way can Vader clear that distance before Thor smacks him with a hammer throw.

Thor doesn't need to stop a lightsaber throw. A single hammer toss is bringing Vader down. Unless you can post dodging "feats" for Vader.

I think the pro-Vader side just assumed that Thor will be helpless when getting hit by a TK push?

And pls don't bring the comics/novels here as comics/novels are inadmissible in the MVS and Thor's comic showings put him as a nearly indestructible planet buster with superhuman reaction time that can stand nonchalantly inside the sun.

blair85
Vader: You underestimate the power of the Dar- *gets Mjolnir'ed right in the face*

TheVaultDweller
Hulk passed out from falling from a lower hight.

Yet transformed from Banner to Hulk because of a fall out of a helicopter in TIH, so the MCU writers really haven't been the most consistent there.

Nibedicus
I mean how is Vader getting up from (1:45). And force push ain't got nothing on Thor (2:26). Heck, (1:57) would likely one shot Vader.

https://youtu.be/sZIJK_nxHDs

Time-Immemorial
Thor crushes him

carver9
Hulk passed out from falling from a lower hight.

Never happened.

Time-Immemorial
Hulk passed out laughing out loud

Josh_Alexander
Not based off anything logical just fanboyism. Speculation. We see them battle at the end of Rotj with Luke being fully trained how easily he bests Vader in saber combat. Vader killed someone without powers who wasn't able to harm him off screen. What a pathetic coward.

Fanboyism!? HAHA, okay! You should check Return of the Jedi my friend! Last scene! The only reason Vader didn't killed Luke was cause he is his son! Vader never really tried to kill Luke, his love for him made him doubt. And we are not speaking of Luke here but of Thor! Thor dies.

Time-Immemorial
Yet you can't explain how Thoe dieslaughing out loud

Khazra Reborn
Wtf is this shit? Vader gets one shot, easily.

NotAllThatEvil
There is a lot of talk of thor throwing his hammer, though 99% of the time he fights up close, but we don't mention vader throwing his saber. He's done it before.

quanchi112
Fanboyism!? HAHA, okay! You should check Return of the Jedi my friend! Last scene! The only reason Vader didn't killed Luke was cause he is his son! Vader never really tried to kill Luke, his love for him made him doubt. And we are not speaking of Luke here but of Thor! Thor dies. That doesn't mean he didn't struggle hence his shoulder being tagged. Vader was better than him in ESB but that doesn't mean he didn't struggle throughout the battle he just prevailed.

quanchi112
Falling out of a plane should have killed both thor and hulk, according to fury. laughing out loud

NotAllThatEvil
The fact vader has armour that can take lightsabers is actually a really big point in his favor mind you

quanchi112
The fact vader has armour that can take lightsabers is actually a really big point in his favor mind you What ? It cut his hand right off so it depends on where. If someone shoots me in the hand and I live that doesn't mean I can take bulletfire. Lightsabers hurt him like anyone else in the Star Wars universe. Fl took him out pretty hard easily which pales in comparison to Thor's Lightning.

Josh_Alexander
That doesn't mean he didn't struggle hence his shoulder being tagged. Vader was better than him in ESB but that doesn't mean he didn't struggle throughout the battle he just prevailed.

That doesn't mean he was using all his power to defeat him. Besides, Vader got a lightsaver, which can chop down Thor.

Nibedicus
There is a lot of talk of thor throwing his hammer, though 99% of the time he fights up close, but we don't mention vader throwing his saber. He's done it before.

He actually throws his hammer pretty often.

Top of mind: Malekith, Kurse, Iron Man, Hulk, Chitauri and Frost Giants.

It isn't his go-to move as he uses it when there is distance between him and his opponents (duh) and he prefers to get close where he does hammer strikes. But it's certainly more often than movie Vader's saber throw IIRC. How many times in the movie did Vader even use his saber throw?

And the funny thing is, Thor actually has showings where he dodged fast things thrown at him.

quanchi112
That doesn't mean he was using all his power to defeat him. Besides, Vader got a lightsaver, which can chop down Thor. He was using his best defenses which Luke penetrated. Vader is slow as molasses compared to Thor. Thor would break him with one hammer strike.

Silent Master
The fact vader has armour that can take lightsabers is actually a really big point in his favor mind you

Remind me, how well did it withstand lightning?

Josh_Alexander
He was using his best defenses which Luke penetrated. Vader is slow as molasses compared to Thor. Thor would break him with one hammer strike.

You said it! He was using his best defenses! He was in defensive mode not offensive mode! Did you ever wonder why he never used telekinesis on his son, or electricity? I mean, Vader had the ability to choke people with his telekinesis, he could have done the same thing with Luke. But he aint, this proves my point.

quanchi112
You said it! He was using his best defenses! He was in defensive mode not offensive mode! Did you ever wonder why he never used telekinesis on his son, or electricity? I mean, Vader had the ability to choke people with his telekinesis, he could have done the same thing with Luke. But he aint, this proves my point. In a sword fight you have to use both and know when to strike at the proper time. My point still stands. Vader used tk against his son, LoM's sock. He doesn't have fl. Luke also used force choke in rotj. Saying why didn't he use said tactic is ignoring ehich tactics he did use. Vader won but not easily hence the shoulder graze.

Josh_Alexander
In a sword fight you have to use both and know when to strike at the proper time. My point still stands. Vader used tk against his son, LoM's sock. He doesn't have fl. Luke also used force choke in rotj. Saying why didn't he use said tactic is ignoring ehich tactics he did use. Vader won but not easily hence the shoulder graze.

You're not getting it yet. Vader didn't intended to kill Luke! in ROTS and A new hope, Vader's orders were to transform Luke into the Dark Side, not to kill him. Vader was never in an Offensive mode. Remember the part where he told him he was his father? Well, everything was planed, in order to make Luke turn into the dark side. He did it by telling him " I am your father!" but Luke never felt.

quanchi112
You're not getting it yet. Vader didn't intended to kill Luke! in ROTS and A new hope, Vader's orders were to transform Luke into the Dark Side, not to kill him. Vader was never in an Offensive mode. Remember the part where he told him he was his father? Well, everything was planed, in order to make Luke turn into the dark side. He did it by telling him " I am your father!" but Luke never felt. I know but he did intend to defeat him which he didn't too easily. That's my point you abortion of logic. Yes, he was especially since he cut off his hand. That's an offensive strike, noob. Vader won and didn't intend to kill him but didn't beat him easily.

Josh_Alexander
I know but he did intend to defeat him which he didn't too easily. That's my point you abortion of logic. Yes, he was especially since he cut off his hand. That's an offensive strike, noob. Vader won and didn't intend to kill him but didn't beat him easily.

Okay, but that doesn't mean Vader is weak. And, if he would have intended to kill Luke, he could have any moment he wanted. All he needed is to choke him like he did with his general. Now, Thor ain't luke! So Thor is dead! Full stop.

quanchi112
Okay, but that doesn't mean Vader is weak. And, if he would have intended to kill Luke, he could have any moment he wanted. All he needed is to choke him like he did with his general. Now, Thor ain't luke! So Thor is dead! Full stop. Vader is weak for a whole multitude of ways this just proves his defenses are suspect against someone with incomplete training. Thor is far more powerful than a human and force choke takes time. One hammer strike and he's done for. Vader didn't force choke anyone impressive in battle. Ever. laughing out loud

Silent Master
Okay, but that doesn't mean Vader is weak. And, if he would have intended to kill Luke, he could have any moment he wanted. All he needed is to choke him like he did with his general. Now, Thor ain't luke! So Thor is dead! Full stop.

Post a clip of Vader choking someone with Thor's durability.

Josh_Alexander
Vader is weak for a whole multitude of ways this just proves his defenses are suspect against someone with incomplete training. Thor is far more powerful than a human and force choke takes time. One hammer strike and he's done for. Vader didn't force choke anyone impressive in battle. Ever. laughing out loud

He can stop the hammer! telekinesis! And how will Thor stop the Lightsaver!? It's laser, could just chop his hammer! He can choke thor and stop his hammer at the same time! Lol, Thor is dead.

Josh_Alexander
Post a clip of Vader choking someone with Thor's durability.

Post a clip where he can't.

Silent Master
Post a clip where he can't.

You're claiming that Vader can force choke Thor, that means the burden is on you.

Josh_Alexander
You're claiming that Vader can force choke Thor, that means the burden is on you.

I unfurtunatly can't post clips at the moment! But, Vader has been able to choke people before, what makes Thor different? What makes you claim he can't?

Silent Master
I unfurtunatly can't post clips at the moment! But, Vader has been able to choke people before, what makes Thor different? What makes you claim he can't?

You're aware that Thor is literally thousands of times more durable than anyone Vader has choked, right?

Josh_Alexander
You're aware that Thor is literally thousands of times more durable than anyone Vader has choked, right?

He is stronger than conventional men! Still he is not inmortal! He needs air to breath! Once you deprive an organism from air, the durability doesn't matter!

Silent Master
He is stronger than conventional men! Still he is not inmortal! He needs air to breath! Once you deprive an organism from air, the durability doesn't matter!

So IOW, you're not aware how how choking works. That is all you had to say.

quanchi112
He can stop the hammer! telekinesis! And how will Thor stop the Lightsaver!? It's laser, could just chop his hammer! He can choke thor and stop his hammer at the same time! Lol, Thor is dead. He can't seem to stop Lightsaber strikes but he will stop the hammer. Lol. Based off what ? Mjolnir has greater durability feats than a Lightsaber. Quit making things up not supported by the films.

Josh_Alexander
He can't seem to stop Lightsaber strikes but he will stop the hammer. Lol. Based off what ? Mjolnir has greater durability feats than a Lightsaber. Quit making things up not supported by the films.

Well Star Wars and Thor are two different universes! You can't determing Mjolnir being more durable than a Lightsaber! But based on logic, a weapon that can split open metals like if it was butter is hell more durable than a hammer! The only lightsaber fight in which Vader was recorded was with Luke and with Obi Wan. And if you forgot, he defeated the second on in the end. So better reconsider that.

Josh_Alexander
So IOW, you're not aware how how choking works. That is all you had to say.

Ehhh! the one who seems not to know how chocking works is you! Chocking is just depriving the organism from breathing! That's all vader does, just that instead of using hands, he uses telekinisis.

Silent Master
And how does he prevent Thor was breathing, be specific.

Josh_Alexander
And how does he prevent Thor was breathing, be specific.

Choking him! Telekinis. I specified that before, just in the same way he did with his General.

Silent Master
Choking him! Telekinis. I specified that before, just in the same way he did with his General.

Be more specific.

Josh_Alexander
Be more specific.

Ehhh don't get it! well, to squeez his neck using the Power of the dark side! xD. Using telekinisis. Like chocking someone with your hands, but using the force instead. That's basically it.

quanchi112
Well Star Wars and Thor are two different universes! You can't determing Mjolnir being more durable than a Lightsaber! But based on logic, a weapon that can split open metals like if it was butter is hell more durable than a hammer! The only lightsaber fight in which Vader was recorded was with Luke and with Obi Wan. And if you forgot, he defeated the second on in the end. So better reconsider that. Yes, you can based off feats and their general portrayals. The Lightsaber didn't split open the rails in Rotj save when great force was used to cut off Vader's hand.

What the hell are you blabbering on about now ?

Silent Master
Ehhh don't get it! well, to squeez his neck using the Power of the dark side! xD. Using telekinisis. Like chocking someone with your hands, but using the force instead. That's basically it.

Are you under the impression that Thor's neck can be squeezed as easily as a normal person's?

Josh_Alexander
Are you under the impression that Thor's neck can be squeezed as easily as a normal person's?

Nope! But it can be squeezed. Vader is pretty strong with the force! I doubt he won't be able to do so.

blair85
Thor's musculature and tissues are considerably denser than an ordinary human's. During Vader's tantrum at the end of RotS, we saw him crush parts of the wall which are also considerably denser than human jiggly bits. And that was likely done unintentionally. If he focuses, he should be able to exert enough force on Thor's windpipe to cut off his air supply. Thor's not made of stone or metal - his flesh still has give to it.

But, Thor isn't some scared Imperial admiral. Start to Force-choke him, he's not going to just tug at his collar and spit. He's going to call down the storm on the other guy.

Silent Master
Nope! But it can be squeezed. Vader is pretty strong with the force! I doubt he won't be able to do so.

I know you think he can, but do you have any actual proof that Vader can choke Thor.

Josh_Alexander
I know you think he can, but do you have any actual proof that Vader can choke Thor.

In the same format I ask you, do you have any prove he can't? There is no actual way to know, I am just stating what I think.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by blair85
Thor's musculature and tissues are considerably denser than an ordinary human's. During Vader's tantrum at the end of RotS, we saw him crush parts of the wall which are also considerably denser than human jiggly bits. And that was likely done unintentionally. If he focuses, he should be able to exert enough force on Thor's windpipe to cut off his air supply. Thor's not made of stone or metal - his flesh still has give to it.

But, Thor isn't some scared Imperial admiral. Start to Force-choke him, he's not going to just tug at his collar and spit. He's going to call down the storm on the other guy.

Yeap but chocking is possible. It would certainly be an interesting fight. I set my money on Vader still. The lightsaber is a powerfull weapon, and he still got telekinesis, mind control, and lightning.

Silent Master
In the same format I ask you, do you have any prove he can't? There is no actual way to know, I am just stating what I think.

Again, you made the claim that he could, thus the burden is on you.

Josh_Alexander
Again, you made the claim that he could, thus the burden is on you.

Ok, lets say he can't. Vader still got his saber, electricity, and telekinesis. He could cast objects to thor. He could cut him with his saber. Etc, etc. The point is Vader wins.

Still answering your question, here you have some prove:

Vader all chockings! The only one missing here is Thor's xD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-NvFIK_beQ

Silent Master
Ok, lets say he can't. Vader still got his saber, electricity, and telekinesis. He could cast objects to thor. He could cut him with his saber. Etc, etc. The point is Vader wins.

Still answering your question, here you have some prove:

Vader all chockings! The only one missing here is Thor's xD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-NvFIK_beQ

What good is Vader's rather weak electricity doing to do to Thor, considering he stands in the middle of massive lightning strikes with no issue?

Josh_Alexander
What good is Vader's rather weak electricity doing to do to Thor, considering he stands in the middle of massive lightning strikes with no issue?

Who told you Thor is inmune to lightning? If i am not mistaken, when Thor summons a lightning, this touches his hammer, which has a type of isolating material in the handle of the hammer. The electricity never touches him. Either way, he still needs to avoid objects coming from any direction, plus Vader's saber. So, did you like the chokings?

Silent Master
EmJBOnn7u5c

Josh_Alexander
EmJBOnn7u5c

Aha!? What do you want to prove there? In no part of the video the lightning touches Thor directly. He raises his hammer before the Lightning falls on him, then the scene is cut. It can be assume that the lightning felt on the Hammer, which again must have an isolator.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOONxweXhDo

In seconds 30 to 40 you'll have prove of what i say. The lightning never touches Thor's body. In fact, it seems like his hammer deviates the lightning from his body. Protecting him. That doesn't mean he is inmune to electricity.

Silent Master
LOL!!!

Josh_Alexander
LOL!!!

Yeap! Don't worry, it is not easy to see, unless you pay keen attention. Honestly I don't see how Thor could win, but still it's my opinion.

Silent Master
LOL!!!!!

playa1258
Vader in a curbstomp. This is a complete non-fight.

quanchi112
Originally posted by playa1258
Vader in a curbstomp. This is a complete non-fight. You really don't watch these films.

playa1258
Vader can force choke or force crush Thor. So many options. The hammer will become another weapon for Vader to use once Thor throws it. Vader can then decide to either destroy it or duel use it along his saber. Vader is without question worthy of using Mjonir.

When Vader is done with Thor he can then force crush Mjolnir in front of Thor before ending his life.

carthage
QUAN IS UNWORTHY

quanchi112
Vader can force choke or force crush Thor. So many options. The hammer will become another weapon for Vader to use once Thor throws it. Vader can then decide to either destroy it or duel use it along his saber. Vader is without question worthy of using Mjonir.

When Vader is done with Thor he can then force crush Mjolnir in front of Thor before ending his life. Force choke takes time. Name one person with powers comparable to Thor he force choked or force crushed. Based off what can the Lightsaber destroy Mjolnir ?

Vader went down to Luke he doesn't have a chance against Thor.

playa1258
It's ok I'm not serious.

quanchi112
It's ok I'm not serious. Despicable.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>