Movie Directors!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

maul's woman
What movie director you will follow? No matter what the movie is... you will go see it simply because of who directed it.

Some of my favorites are:

John Carpenter
John McTiernan
Michael Mann
Richard Donner
Wolfgang Petersen

What are yours?

Bad Boy
Wrong forum for a start!

Anyone cos I'm a fan of all different styles of film! But of course I'm a Michael Bay fan!

zimbo
Michael Bay

Bad Boy
Uh oh, here comes the backlash!

maul's woman
What has Michael Bay done?

finti
Bad Boys I and II, Armageddon, The Rock, Pearl Harbor

maul's woman
ok. Well the only films of his I've seen were ARMAGGEDON and THE ROCK. I really liked THE ROCK. I didn't care for ARMAGGEDON.

Any other favorite directors. Any genre.

BackFire349
richard kelly, darren aronofsky, peter jackson, M. Night Syamalan, hayao miyazaki, Wes Anderson, Tobe Hooper, George romero, sam raimi, trey parker, quintin tarentino.

zimbo
John Woo

maul's woman
GREAT PICKS!!!

From Aronosky to Woo. Love PI by Aronosky. And so far I haven't seen anything by Night Shayamalan that I didn't like. Trouble is I don't know which of his is my favorite.

I should also add Wes Craven to my list too. big grin

zimbo
Ridley Scott
James Cameron

BackFire349
i dont like wes cravens new work at all. his old stuff is brilliant though. and maul, you should see requiem for a dream, by aronofsky, incredible experience.

zimbo
True Lies and Aliens for guys who like action stuff
both are brilliant movies and both are James Cameron's movies.

Augeybana
Quientin Turatino.
Steven Speilberg.
Kevin Smith.
Best Directors.

Bad Boy
The directors I like are

Michael Bay
John Woo
Ridley Scott
James Cameron
Tony Scott
Jake Scott
Kassovitz
Sam Mendes
Spike Lee
Steven Spielberg
Kathryn Bigalow
Quentin Tarantino
Michael Mann
M. Night Shyalaman

BackFire349
ah yeah, kevin smith.

Augeybana
One of the best but being in Scary Movie 3 was a risky move.

zimbo
it's a Star Wars forum and no one said George Lucas

Zed
One that you all seem to have missed is David Fincher, he has got to be one of the best directors out there.

Another of my fav directors is Ang Lee, will have to see what he has done to Hulk

maul's woman
I wouldn't say that Lucas is a great director. In fact he hates directing. But he started something that he has to finish himself. Unlike TESB and ROTJ which he did not direct. I would say he is a great businessman.

maul's woman
Ang Lee is releasing his adaptation of THE HULK in about 2 weeks. We shall see how it turns out. We will see if it affects his directoral standing with the fans.

Augeybana
I think he made Crouching Tiger not all action I think he'll do a good job on this one.

maul's woman
I love Cameron. He seems to be laying low now. I wish he had finished the TERMINATOR trilogy instead of selling it. Dang. sad

Thomas H
Michael Bay and Ridley Scott

ChinaNiki
Baz Luhrman

Godshinto
Spike Lee
Micheal Bay
Steven Speilberg
Quentin Tarantino
James Cameron
I can't remember their names but the brothers that made the Matrix anything that they create I will surley go see.

sylfdestructiv
Tarantino. Kill Bill is not released here yet, but i'll definetely see it. I seems different from his former films.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.