Tinnitus.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

VG_Addict
Wednesday night, my left ear started ringing. It got better, but I woke up this morning with it ringing again.
I recently hurt my ear with a cotton swab. Could the ringing be related to that?
What do I do?

walshy
Did you go to the doctor?

If no, go to the doctor.

blair85
Go see an audiologist. You might have poked your eardrum. Q-tips are for outer-ear cleaning, not deep inner-ear prospecting.

Digi
Probably nothing. But...

See an Audiologist if needed (basically if it doesn't go away), or even an ENT, though that's probably a bit much at this stage. Tinnitus is no joke, and affects a bigger % of the population than many realize. A good first step might be your primary care physician.

I had some hearing scares a couple years back, which resulted in mild tinnitus for a time. Everything is back to normal, so I was lucky, but I take every reasonable precaution now.

Ax3l
Answer the phone

VG_Addict
The ringing in my ear isn't as loud or high-pitched today as it was yesterday.

Digi
Originally posted by VG_Addict
The ringing in my ear isn't as loud or high-pitched today as it was yesterday.

But it's lasted for more than a day. Go see your primary care physician. Seriously, this is what doctors are for.

Or post about it on an internet board, your call.

/srug

Surtur
Tekhh7Iy-sM

VG_Addict
I've been able to sleep and hear just fine.

riv6672
Heh, now we have a pair of ear threads. smile

Flyattractor
When we get to Toes.... I am outta here.

Genesis-Soldier
definitely go to the doctor, when I get a ringing sound its because I have a perforated ear drum. I get bad ear infections when that happens

doctor is the safest and best bet to deal with this

riv6672
He wont listen (no pun intended).
I told him that in his first ear thread.

Surtur
Originally posted by Flyattractor
When we get to Toes.... I am outta here.

You better be:

PzeJ0miCJGI

riv6672
Oh HELL no! eek!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.