Kid dies in car

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time-Immemorial
Police are saying this is an accident. But how do you forget your 3 year old in a hot car in 100 degree weather for 3 hours, and call that an accident.

Funny, the Gorilla incident was an accident as well. So do people in poor communities get a pass on child neglect?

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/16/us/texas-boy-hot-car-death/index.html

Surtur
Apparently the kid wasn't exactly left in the car by someone who just forgot about him. I guess it seems nobody was watching him and he got out of the house and got into the car and got locked in.

This is why I always just lock all my doors. Car doors, etc.

Time-Immemorial
Yea which is what I dont get, how do you misplace a 3 year old for three hours?

Bardock42
That's a sad story. The article says they found him 45 minutes after he was last seen, doesn't specify how long they were looking for him, but very tragic.

As to the question posed, I have not come across evidence that poor people get a pass on child neglect.

Time-Immemorial
It was classified as an accident, dummy.

Bardock42
From the article it sounds like it was an accident.

Surtur
I think it should be used as an example since summer is just starting up, people need to make sure their cars are locked. They are basically like death traps for someone who can't get out of the car on their own.

Not just to lock cars, but to watch where they put their keys and also to keep doors locked. Hopefully something can be learned from this, hopefully more parents will take precautions due to this.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Bardock42
From the article it sounds like it was an accident.

Sounds like parental stupidity.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
Police are saying this is an accident. But how do you forget your 3 year old in a hot car in 100 degree weather for 3 hours, and call that an accident.

Funny, the Gorilla incident was an accident as well. So do people in poor communities get a pass on child neglect?

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/16/us/texas-boy-hot-car-death/index.html Was the family of the child allegedly killed by an Alligator while at Disnyworld guilty also or no?

Surtur
Originally posted by psycho gundam
Was the family of the child allegedly killed by an Alligator while at Disnyworld guilty also or no?

Somewhat. There were signs that said no swimming, but the signs did not warn about alligators.

I also don't know what you mean by saying he "allegedly" was killed by an alligator. That is what caused his death.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.