Luke Skywalker vs. RotS High Council

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Ellimist
No Yoda, Windu or Anakin.

JKBart
Agen MVP

chingchangwalla
Dark empire Luke takes it

AncientPower
FOTJ Luke or he gets stomped tbh.

MythLord
Luke isn't even in his prime during FotJ, though erm

AncientPower
Only if you're considering mentality.

MythLord
Nah, there's legitimately a source stating Luke is at the height of his power during the Vong Wars:
http://static1.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11117/111178634/5274898-luke+skywalker+hype.png

AncientPower
EDIT: The height of his powers up to that point, which doesn't exclude the possibility of his getting more powerful. erm

MythLord
It doesn't say up to that point, though, it just says at the height of his powers. Occams Razor would dictate this includes his FotJ self.

AncientPower
Which exact rpg book is that?

MythLord
I think it was the New Jedi Order sourcebook. Could be wrong, though. I'll double check.

The_Tempest
It's the Jedi Academy Training Manual.

MythLord
Ah, and so it is. Thanks, Temp big grin

AncientPower
Then it's pre-FOTJ, which as far as I know has never been portrayed in an RPG Sourcebook. Thus he is still capable of surpassing that accolade. The sole argument one might make is that Luke's Oneness gave him a temporary boost to power overall in the Vong War closure.

The Ellimist
That uses the present tense, it's hardly clear that it means he's at the strongest he'll ever be. It's difficult to believe that someone of Luke's potential would peak in his 40s when Palpatine was growing stronger in his 80s lol.

The_Tempest
Apples and oranges, really. The Emperor made an exhaustive, concerted effort to master Force lore for the express purpose of maximizing his own power. Luke never really did that. The closest he came, I think, would be when he and Ben retraced Jacen's 5-year sojourn. And that was less about harnessing new techniques than it was understanding what the hell happened with his nephew.

Luke and the Emperor approach that sort of thing very differently. Also, I would say that Luke being at "the height of his powers" isn't quite the same as realizing his full potential. The sourcebook is just saying that this is the strongest he's ever been.

The Ellimist
Luke studied a variety of sources, including Palpatine's and Plagueis's works, and demonstrated a range of esoteric Force abilities, ranging from shatterpoint to that technique he used to pull Callista out of Abeloth, some of which he only displayed after TUF. He also had accumulated a significantly greater number of combat experiences than Palpatine, and personally visited and interacted with the cultures from which Sidious plundered. Plus FotJ makes it clear that he can learn incredibly rare and random Force techniques in like four hours.

Bend the knee to Sidious's superior. smile

The_Tempest
Originally posted by The Ellimist
Luke studied a variety of sources, including Palpatine's and Plagueis's works, and demonstrated a range of esoteric Force abilities, ranging from shatterpoint to that technique he used to pull Callista out of Abeloth, some of which he only displayed after TUF. He also had accumulated a significantly greater number of combat experiences than Palpatine, and personally visited and interacted with the cultures from which Sidious plundered. Plus FotJ makes it clear that he can learn incredibly rare and random Force techniques in like four hours.

Bend the knee to Sidious's superior. smile

Soothe your butthurt, my child. I never said Luke didn't study a variety of sources nor did I insinuate he didn't have anything other than a high learning rate. I'm saying he didn't pursue knowledge as vigorously and selfishly as the Emperor, which might explain why Palpatine kept pushing his limits until shortly before his final death.

The Ellimist
Even if the studying gap existed, Luke could easily have compensated for this by his regular participation in combat missions - see AotC to RotS Anakin.

The point is that his potential probably hasn't been reached by NJO, and it's unlikely that the ravages of age would outpace the growth in someone with the second most potential in the mythos. Look at Dooku, or even Bane.

The Ellimist
Also Luke isn't a grand master in NJO kek

Deronn_solo
Originally posted by chingchangwalla
Dark empire Luke takes it
LAL, nah.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.