Stopping Exitar from advancing...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Let's say if Exitar is about to crumble Earth like he did in Marvel, what two Heralds in DC can slow him down for 2 minutes?

Bonus round...can Superboy Prime slow his advancement?

yaadaveyaa
i see what you did here smile lol

DarkSaint85
Martian manhunter and Superman

DarkSaint85
Captain Marvel and Superman

Magnon
Wonder Woman and Superman

Bonus round:
yes

blair85
Beast Boy with Jarnborn.

yaadaveyaa
are we referencing the feat sentry just had not long ago doing a feat that no other marvel hero was able to?

DarkSaint85
Yup.

yaadaveyaa
someone brought up beast boy? a super fed amped sentry did this idk about some of these names

DarkSaint85
Beast Boy has Jarnbjorn, which is a random axe that can kill Celestials, hence why he was named.

Superman and MM threw Brainiacs ship, which was way larger than Exitar. Moreover, MM was burning up IIRC.

Superman and Cap Marvel lifted the book with infinite pages. I know Carver doesn't like that feat, but I have a counter just waiting for him.

carver9
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Beast Boy has Jarnbjorn, which is a random axe that can kill Celestials, hence why he was named.

Superman and MM threw Brainiacs ship, which was way larger than Exitar. Moreover, MM was burning up IIRC.

Superman and Cap Marvel lifted the book with infinite pages. I know Carver doesn't like that feat, but I have a counter just waiting for him.

Superman and Martian MANHUNTER pushed the side of Brainiac ship away from Earth, not the entire ship. Look at the scene again.

celeyhyga17
Gotta be flyers so other than MM and Supes.....

Hype and BM

StiltmanFTW
Martian manhunter

... auto-detonates the moment he enters the battlefield.

carver9
Look where Superman and Martian Manhunter landed on the ship. The side of the ship head.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11114/111142337/4117944-xkdxx1w%5B1%5D.jpg

We pushed the ship clear Superman.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11114/111142337/4117949-oygvjhe%5B1%5D.jpg

Where did it say the ship was stopped? Scans please.

One_Angry_Scot
Even if we acknowledge the feat of pushing Braniacs Ship, it doesn't really equate to helping make a case for the duo to stop Exitar because the ship isn't one of the most powerful Celestials that is putting all of it's force into pushing downwards into the Earth.

It's an albeit very large ship flying through space. Wwhich isn't putting any weight down to stop anybody from pushing it. It may be a heavy ship but another point to take into account is the force that Exitar possessed when lowering down as well.

The ship might be magnitudes larger than Exitar but it doesn't mean Superman and MM could replicate the feat.

DarkSaint85
Got proof? Scans? What proportion of the ship were they pushing?

That was to carver, BTW.

But youyr scan says they pushed it clear. So not only did they stop it's motion, they actually reversed it.

Thanks for posting it.

Sin I AM
You dont need Prime. Superman can do it solo

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
Even if we acknowledge the feat of pushing Braniacs Ship, it doesn't really equate to helping make a case for the duo to stop Exitar because the ship isn't one of the most powerful Celestials that is putting all of it's force into pushing downwards into the Earth.

It's an albeit very large ship falling into space.

The ship might be magnitudes larger than Exitar but it doesn't mean Superman and MM could replicate the feat.
thumb up

It was the closest thing I could think of. Plus Hype's space cheese is extra gooey. Super extra....

Sin I AM

It's an albeit very large ship flying through space. Wwhich isn't putting any weight down to stop anybody from pushing it. It may be a heavy ship but another point to take into account is the force that Exitar possessed when lowering down as well.

Can u post the scan of dss stopping exitar

DarkSaint85

Tbf, that's like saying I can't push the Mountain's foot off me, even though I can stop a speeding truck and push it clear, whilst my retarded friend starts burning up. The onus is to prove that the force from his foot is >> the truck/a very large ship.

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Can u post the scan of dss stopping exitar

Sure, here you go.

Bear in mind that it wasn't just Sentry, but Rogue who had more power inside of her than all the Earth heroes put together who provided the other 50%.

http://s6d1.turboimg.net/t/27975877_1.jpg http://s6d1.turboimg.net/t/27975939_2.jpg http://s6d1.turboimg.net/t/27975957_3.jpg

celeyhyga17
Edit

One_Angry_Scot
Tbf, that's like saying I can't push the Mountain's foot off me, even though I can stop a speeding truck and push it clear, whilst my retarded friend starts burning up. The onus is to prove that the force from his foot is >> the truck/a very large ship.

Do you see Martian Manhunter and Superman pushing a ship that is plummeting to Earth with no force put into it besides from it's natural weight being the same as a godlike being who we know can crush the Earth into bits by just lowering himself down - but in this occasion 2 people stop such a being from doing that.

They are completely different things.

Your analogy explains essentially what I am saying. You can't stop the Mountains foot because he is a heavy large person who is pressuring you with all of his weight. He is actively trying to stop you no matter what. If you start to squirm he will put even more pressure on.

The point where your analogy falls flat is the speeding truck. The ship was falling at 36,000 Miles per hour I believe.

Your analogy itself is attempting to fit together 2 situations which don't fit together.

The onus isn't on me to prove anything with regards to that (not meant rudely). The question is who could succeed in holding off Exitar for a set amount of time. You choose Superman and MM. On the basis that they pushed away a ship that put no force besides from it's natural weight. Which coincidentally nobody knows anyway. Although it's probably heavier than the Earth.

The ship wasn't a sentient being that was also one of the most powerful among it's own race who had complete focus on destroying the Earth. And the fact that it is sentient also gives this being that is the one of the most powerful amongst it's race and a high tier cosmic hierarchy to funnel all of it's strength into pushing down.

carver9
Got proof? Scans? What proportion of the ship were they pushing?

That was to carver, BTW.

But youyr scan says they pushed it clear. So not only did they stop it's motion, they actually reversed it.

Thanks for posting it.

I showed you where they were pushing the ship. On the side of the head, not the front of the ship which means they did not push the entire ship.

Martian said they pushed it clear which means they pushed it away from Earth. They didn't stop the ship. Did you even look at the scans?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.