Thrawn or Revan?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The_Tempest
Same deal. Who and why.

The Ellimist
For those who lack context, The Glorious Gideon means:

In which case, I actually prefer Revan. I think the plot twist in the first KOTOR is pretty epic, and he has a legendary aura around him that Thrawn doesn't.

Thrawn's fans also like to parrot that "the Empire wasn't evil" cancer.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by The Ellimist
he has a legendary aura around him that Thrawn doesn't

lolwut

MS Warehouse
Revan is just Thrawn with sick force abilities.

The Ellimist
Originally posted by The_Tempest
lolwut

He has a bunch of cults dedicated to worshipping him and a bunch of Christ-like nicknames. He's also more important to galactic history by a fair margin.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by The Ellimist
He has a bunch of cults dedicated to worshipping him and a bunch of Christ-like nicknames. He's also more important to galactic history by a fair margin.

No doubt that Revan's influenced galactic history on a broader scale. But the Empire of the Hand practically worship Thrawn and the mere rumors of his return a decade later caused an incredible amount of political and military turmoil in the galaxy.

Deronn_solo
Thrawn stomps. His character was perfectly fleshed out, his genius was well displayed, and written - unlike Revan's.

He also has this enigmatic "feel" to him that makes the dude one of my favorite villains in fiction in general.

MS Warehouse
Once again, Revan is Thrawn with force powers. Moving on.

Deronn_solo
Thanks for admitting Revan is just a rip-off of Thrawn, guys. He's still written in a superior manner, to The "Prodigal One".

thumb up

MS Warehouse
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Thanks for admitting Revan is just a rip-off of Thrawn, guys. He's still written in a superior manner, than The "Prodigal One".

thumb up

I didn't know a tactical genius with force powers was a ripoff of Thrawn rather than a superior character thumb up

Deronn_solo
Saying Revan is just "Thrawn with Force powers" does suggest he's a ripoff, yeah.

Just being a tactical genius doesn't make you like Thrawn, LAL. Or else, Dala is a female Thrawn, which, is, absolutely laughable.

Things like characterization, development, dialogue, motives, depth, and uniqueness - is what matters.

DarthAnt66
DC, you have admitted time and time again you never actually read any of Revan's material.

Have you since then played and read content with Revan, or are you talking out of your ass again? mmm

Selenial
@Ant: I cba to peruse the entire thread to try and find it, but do you put quotes on Revan's tactical ability in your respect threads? I found a new one mmm

DarthAnt66
I have it in a separate post below the RT in the comment section. It's short, brief, primary revolves around in-universe character praise, and incomplete, so please share.

Deronn_solo
Honestly, nah. I played a bit of KotoR, but haven't finished yet.

I just wanted to rustle the Revan fans. <3

DarthAnt66
How far are you?

NewGuy01
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
DC, you have admitted time and time again you never actually read any of Revan's material.

Are you implying...

...That reading Revan would improve DC's opinion of Revan? erm

The Ellimist
Didn't it basically start the Vitiate masturbator club?

MS Warehouse
People were tired of jerking off with Sidious' right hand so they moved to Vitiate's left.

NewGuy01
But then they flocked back to Sidious when they realized he was ambidextrous.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by NewGuy01
But then they flocked back to Sidious when they realized he was ambidextrous. Lawls.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Are you implying...

...That reading Revan would improve DC's opinion of Revan? erm
Lulz

SunRazer
Thrawn's an actual character. He stomps.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I have never read any Thrawn-related content, ever...

But I still voted for him over Revan.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.