Silver Surfer or Superman who would make most of the power gem

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
Lets say the power gem worked in either reality who make the most use of it and why?

ghostman
surfer cuz his extreme versatility added with basically limitless physical stats that the gem provides? thats a beast like no other.

ghostman
also wouldnt the gem increase surfers other powers as well? wow that amped versatility would be frightening........... you know what, ive changed my mind, surfer shoots energy blasts 95% of the time and wouldnt even use the gem to its full potential, he doesnt even use most of his own powers. on the other hand the power gem fits well with supes physical nature.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by ghostman
also wouldnt the gem increase surfers other powers as well? wow that amped versatility would be frightening........... you know what, ive changed my mind, surfer shoots energy blasts 95% of the time and wouldnt even use the gem to its full potential, he doesnt even use most of his own powers. on the other hand the power gem fits well with supes physical nature.

krisblaze
Supes doesnt need it.

Mindship
In character? Superman. As ghostman mentioned, Surfer tends to be pretty simplistic in using his vast powerset, whilst Superman, with more limited base abilities, is often very creative with his powers.

So, potentially, Surfer, but in actual use, Superman.

krisblaze
Though who knows what might happen if the power cosmic were combined with the power gem.

shadowknight
SM has this, he's simply more imaginative in the use of his powers and would use the gem very close to it's true potential. SS with extremelly few exceptions is basically a 1 trick pony.

leonidas
yeah supes takes it. he also has a lot stronger will than ss as well as being more clever and more intelligent imo.

Surtur
You guys know the power gem was really just a drop of Superman's blood that they crystalized?

GD6qtc2_AQA

Rao Kal El
Lol

Almost every single post of you is butt hurt related to superman

Blue Area Vet
Surfer, easily. This point about Superman bring more creative is in part because his power set is way more limited than Surfer's to begin with. The power gem would not add powers, it would amp powers that already exist and for Surfer that means boosted everything- telepathy, power absorption, energy projection, healing, transmutation- in effect he would be godlike. Superman's best amp in theory would be a GL ring.

Surtur
Originally posted by Rao Kal El
Lol

Almost every single post of you is butt hurt related to superman

That's not butt hurt, it's called making fun of the character. I didn't even read any responses when I posted.

It's okay man I forgive you, bros before hoes.

Rao Kal El
Yes more like sarcasm than butt hurt you are right smile

Surtur
Bros >>>> hoes.

Rao Kal El
Originally posted by Surtur
Bros >>>> hoes.

thumb up

psycho gundam
Originally posted by krisblaze
Supes doesnt need it. He'd give it up but it would be an amp without the drawbacks of a Sun dip if used correctly, not to mention Dr. Strange and all his books/talismans were matched by Adam Warlock with just the power gem alone

golem370
Silver Surfer would give it up if he had the chance I mean he destroyed the gauntlets the Champion had after being wrecked.

carver9
Supes would use the gem better. Who would benefit from it the most? Both of them would.

Diesldude
Originally posted by krisblaze
Supes doesnt need it.

This, but really how much strength is the power gem going to add to a guy who is already at the top of the food chain strong.

I think it will give Surfer's power cosmic boost and put him above Galactus which is still below superman btw.

But with the the powergem, surfer will be able to use his power cosmic in various ways that won't be possible with strength, flight, super speed, freeze breath or flight.

Insane Titan
Lol at Superman not needing the gem.

Like he doesn't need to be immune to kryptonite

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by Diesldude
This, but really how much strength is the power gem going to add to a guy who is already at the top of the food chain strong.

I think it will give Surfer's power cosmic boost and put him above Galactus which is still below superman btw.

But with the the powergem, surfer will be able to use his power cosmic in various ways that won't be possible with strength, flight, super speed, freeze breath or flight.

Thank you.

Blue Area Vet
If Surfer were to increase his transmutation powers he would move toward reality warping. Superman doesn't have that. Surfer has telekinesis, how powerful would he be in his area with a boost? He's altered planetary atmospheres and healed others and he has limited cosmic awareness. Boosting all his powers would make him exponentially more powerful overall. For Superman, it means marginal increases in a character that is super strong and super fast.

h1a8
I don't think the Gem would affect exotic abilities as these don't require more power to be more effective. It would affect blasts, strength, and durability.

Zack M
Superman.

Surtur
I'm confused at why Superman wouldn't need the power gem? He's not the most powerful person in DC. I've heard a variety of stories about Nu Superman getting his ass kicked, so how the hell couldn't he use a power boost?

Also from the way they describe the gem it implies you could use it's energy to essentially give yourself any super power you want if you became skilled enough with it. But even if it just boosted the powers you already have...how could he not need that?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.