Malgus and Satele vs. Darth Vader

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Ellimist
1. Force
2. Sabers
3. All-out

Kurk
Team 10/10
Team 8-9/10
Team 9/10

carthage
Vader takes force and all out

Not sure about Sabers, Satele isn't or probably hasn't improved since Fatal Alliance and Malgus already is close enough to Vader to pose a challenge. If he can exploit the fact Satele is crap and that the two would have terribly synergy, then he can probably win a few rounds.

Syndicate
Team.
Team.
Team.

DarthAnt66
Team.

FreshestSlice
Vader. Team has been officially shit since SoR.

DarthAnt66
Or Revan's been officially better than Vader. mmm

Wait, he was since 2003, nevermind. thumb up

FreshestSlice
Revan could be the single most powerful non-Ones character in the mythos, and that wouldn't make up for how shittly Satele performed in SoR or Malgus against the protags(assuming they all went in the first place).

DarthAnt66
Shan being ragdolled by Revan, a clear superior to Vader, doesn't seem much of an issue to me. mmm

And Malgus performing classy, but ultimately losing, to the four Republic or Imperial protagonists is pretty good. wink

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Shan being ragdolled by Revan, a clear superior to Vader, doesn't seem much of an issue to me. mmm

Shan, and 7 other people being TK'd, followed by being held up in the air, while Revan forms a bubble around himself and then uses Force Destruction is not really a point in Shan's favor. Like at all.

Yeah, if he actually performed classy or killed anyone, that would be pretty good. Too bad he got his shit stomped in by a team HK can do the same to. I mean unless you're ready to admit these fights shouldn't be taken seriously on gameplay merit alone. I doubt it, but I'm willing to give the chance.

chingchangwalla
Vader. Vader. Vader. Vader was said to be eight tenths the power of Sidious, he would take these goons

MythLord
Vader, assuming he abuses his power.

S_W_LeGenD
The Strike Team

Petrus
mmm

JKBart
Is this a joke lmfao

Team murders every round, I don't think explanations are actually needed, but if you want I can write some short analysis...

Ziggystardust
Do it . Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

JKBart

Ziggystardust
Agreed. Vader getting stalemated by old Ben doesn't compare.

Petrus
The problem is, Bart, that it also 'took' the whole Empire/Republic Strike Team to take out HK. That Malgus feat shouldn't be taken at face-value.

Wait, or are you trolling? mmm

Nephthys
It also "took" Luke Skywalker to defeat Lomi Plo. Lomi 4 Sidious tier??? HK was abusing stealth, was heavily modified with improvements and had reinforcements as I recall. Doesn't stop the fact that Malgus performed extremely well against them, dominating with the Force several times.

Deronn_solo
LAL.
Vader sweeps these losers.

Petrus
Originally posted by Nephthys
It also "took" Luke Skywalker to defeat Lomi Plo. Lomi 4 Sidious tier??? HK was abusing stealth, was heavily modified with improvements and had reinforcements as I recall. Doesn't stop the fact that Malgus performed extremely well against them, dominating with the Force several times.

Yeah, but it isn't the only example. It also takes the whole ST to take out a trooper or a single, random Jedi Master/Sith Lord, and it also takes the whole ST to take out other opponents who logically should not be superior/above each of the ST members individually. Flashpoint feats shouldn't be taken at face-value, unless you're willing to say Random Jedi Master 1 from the Kuati Yards FP/Random Boss Trooper > each ST member individually. It's video game entertainment more than anything.

JKBart
That's precisely why I decided to claim Malgus is equal/slightly superior to just one of them.

If he was beneath one of them, I'm sure he wouldn't be a fugging flashpoint final boss.

Petrus
He might be equal/slightly superior to one of them, I agree.

But then do you think Random Boss Tr00per from Kuati Yards is not beneath the Hot/Nox?

JKBart
Unlike normal flashpoints, Kuat isn't a part of any specific plot of TOR, it was never set to fit a specific team and was specifically said to be completely random, etc. while flashpoints from time of The False Emperor were full, regular flashpoints within strict rules.

"Random boss trooper" from a standard, legitimate, classical flashpoint? Sure thing. TOR goes out of its way to point us towards their idea that non-Sensitive guy can reach the danger-tier of very powerful Jedi and Sith. Just look at Champion of the Great Hunt (the BH) vs. Jun Seros, etc.

Nephthys
Also it's not like being wildly outmatched means you can't put up a decent fight if you're good enough and your opponents just fought a thousand dudes to get to you.

Petrus
So let me get this straight.

Basically every single legitimate FP Boss would be a good match for protags such as Hot/Nox?

JKBart
If he has unavoidable game mechanics demonstrating moments of obvious strain and advantage, like when Malgus chokes out three of them, or when Revan starts dumping meteors and you have to run for your life... yes, he would be. thumb up

Nephthys
^ That is true.

Originally posted by Petrus
So let me get this straight.

Basically every single legitimate FP Boss would be a good match for protags such as Hot/Nox?

Depends on what you mean by good match. Take Cad Bane vs Obi-Wan and Quinlan Vos. In a forum fight, we'd obviously say Bane would get stomped there. But in the cartoon he's able to represent a "Boss" type battle and do pretty well before fleeing.

carthage
Taking game mechanics seriously are ok for Revan, but when you apply it to Marek or Malgus itz BULLSHIT EXAGGERATED fwef0ewfwehr

Double standard If I've ever seen one

Petrus
Yeah, I'm pretty sure Bart and Neph agreed that Malgus' FP feats are as valid as Revan's...

Syndicate
Carth. I'm liking you more and more.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.