Elaine Belloc Vs Mad Jim Jaspers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zack M
http://i65.tinypic.com/2n04vg5.jpg

vs

http://i67.tinypic.com/2qi1ctg.jpg

AlmightyKfish
Depends on the version of Elaine I guess?

I mean there's Elaine as a god in Lucifer's world, Elaine with the Dermiurgos power and then Elaine as God.

If we're talking Elaine as God she wins this. She was absolutely omnipotent by that point.

yaadaveyaa
MJJ could kill a god especially elaine

Zack M
How would he kill a God?

AlmightyKfish
The thing is Elaine as the Presence wasn't 'a god'.

She was God, who in Lucifer was presented as completely omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent, unknowable and absolutely unassailable. Hell the whole story was about how you couldn't fight God, both physically and predestination wise.

Digi
At what point? Even when she was "God" of Lucifer's creation (although even that is a somewhat loose term), she was still just a girl with some obvious emotional shortcomings. My guess is that MJJ runs circles around her regardless of where you want to place their respective omniscience.

Lucifer gets wins on the forums because he had that level of power and showed clear mastery of it over eons. I'm really not sure we can say the same for Elaine.

Knowing Zack, it's probably a cherry-picked moment from the arc where it would be impossible to argue against her. But I think Elaine for the vast majority of the run loses hard.

AlmightyKfish
Oh I meant at the end of the arc, when she actually becomes God, after both creations gets dumped into hers and she sits on the Primum Mobile and is truly Yahweh's successor. I mean that's when she's actually God.

Before that she just has Michael's power, and before that is just a minor god in Lucifer's world. And before that is a super minor half angel kid with a few weird powers.

But yeah that's why I asked which version of Elaine we're talking about, as it's very relevant against someone like MJJ.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Digi
At what point? Even when she was "God" of Lucifer's creation (although even that is a somewhat loose term), she was still just a girl with some obvious emotional shortcomings. My guess is that MJJ runs circles around her regardless of where you want to place their respective omniscience.

Lucifer gets wins on the forums because he had that level of power and showed clear mastery of it over eons. I'm really not sure we can say the same for Elaine.

Knowing Zack, it's probably a cherry-picked moment from the arc where it would be impossible to argue against her. But I think Elaine for the vast majority of the run loses hard.
Eh? MJJ got killed by his own creation.

Elaine will own him with like a snap of her fingers.

yaadaveyaa
mjj is so powerful an entire universe was destroyed to stop his power from spreading i mean hes a legit threat i think he has the upper hand against elaine

Cogito
Originally posted by Digi

Shortcomings for sure, but even without anything resembling a mastery of her powers she was able to intuitively make her own creation with only a little bit of guidance.

krisblaze
Interesting matchup.

Elaine obviously has the power advantage.

Galan007
Interesting.

Imo, Elaine definitely has the power advantage, while MJJ is the more adept reality manipulator. However, I see no feasible way that Jaspers can beat Elaine, while I DO think Elaine could eventually beat Jaspers(she can actually create ex nihilo, for example.)

That said, I think Elaine would eventually win in much the same manner that Fury ultimately did.

Mr Master
Originally posted by krisblaze

Elaine obviously has the power advantage.
Perhaps good friend.

MJJ, is also "God" withIN his warp.

Alan Moore doesn't give a phuck about "God" .. he's an athiest.

To him, who wrote the story, MJJ was whatever "God" is ... but withIN his warp.

Now of course, with one necessary "weakness" otherwise the "story" wil never end.

That one weakness was not "un-space" as some believe, but rather ... the "Fury."

The "Fury," ... the only thing in the story "plotted" to resist the warp,
with durability greater than Concepts and "adaptation" ablities un-heard of to this day in Marvel.

Yet, as mighty as the Fury was, it was going to loose, it was spent battling "God" across universeS,
while "God" was still fresh in optimal conditions.
In the nick of time, the "Fury" finally reached "un-space" ...
which it only knew about because it was there in ground zero when that reality was nullified into "un-space."
The Fury tanked that cosmic scale spatial/temporal nullification without a scratch.

-------------------------------------------------------

Bottomline: If you're not the "Fury." Then you don't come with auto warp-resiting powers against "God."

Therefore, unless you're "God" too (or something better than "God"wink of whatever Totality, you lose against MJJ.

In Marvel world that is.

abhilegend
laughing out loud

Inedian
No one is ''God'' and this word is used too much here for practically every really powerful character, but Elaine wins.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.