The DOOM Movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BetaMaximum601
What did anyone else think of this movie? As a pretty frequent Doom player (both the old and new releases), I think this movie didn't exactly fare well to the original. It had the return of a classic weapon (the BFG), but other than that it pretty much just adds it's own spin on the game.

To be fair though, the Doom series never really had a solid plot. messed

BetaMaximum601

Patient_Leech
I actually rather enjoyed it the first time I saw it, just as a piece of dark sci-fi escapism. I tried watching it again actually a few months ago and liked it a little less, but I still find it amusing considering it does have Karl Urban and The Rock (before he started doing lame action hero roles).

Flyattractor
Its a decent enough late night been drinking and nothing better is on type of movie.

Kazenji
A half-arsed attempt at adapting the Doom game imo

genetic experiments gone, Not sure where they got that idea when its suppose to be actual Demon's from hell.

Nemesis X
Awesome creature designs and nice nod to the games with the first person perspective near the end. However the movie pissed me off the moment it abandoned the demons from hell angle in favor of mutants escaping the lab. Not to mention Dwayne Johnson's crap acting and his battle with the film's protagonist that made me feel like I was rewatching Paul WS Anderson's Resident Evil starring Milla Jovovich all over again. Yuck!

BetaMaximum601
It is sort of rare to see Dwayne play a role that isn't a good-guy action hero, and instead a sort of antagonist. I agree that it would've been interested to see how they handled the whole idea of the demons coming up from Hell as opposed to the cliche "experiment gone haywire" kind of shtick.

Ascendancy
I think the demons angle would have been better. They would have spent more time facing the creatures rather than looking at mummies and messing with genetic samples. Plus it would have made it more intense if they had no quick and dirty scientific explanation for what was going on, simply knowing only that they were facing pure evil.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.