Anakin (AotC) vs. Qui Gon (TPM)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Ellimist
Who wins?

MythLord
Honestly, Anakin.

Deronn_solo
Jinn.
Getting "easily" beaten by Dooku isn't a solid enough accomplishment.

Syndicate
Jinn.

Kurk
Qui-Gon Jinn. Stop low-balling this guy.

Ziggystardust
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Jinn.

There was absolutely nothing easy about Anakin's 'defeat'.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Jinn.

chingchangwalla
Originally posted by MythLord
Honestly, Anakin.

**** off

MythLord
Honestly, Anakin surpassed AotC Kenobi who should rival Jinn and was legitimately challenging Dooku. So yeah... he still wins.

Emperordmb
Anakin always challenges Dooku, even when he's not even quite on the level of someone Dooku would stomp. Besides there's contradictory sources surrounding that fight like a *****. Some say Anakin challenged Dooku, some say Dooku beat him easily or made short work of him. Either way Anakin isn't even remotely on Dooku's level at this point.

Also based on Dooku's own thoughts, Jinn>AOTC Kenobi

MythLord
Are you referring to Asajj? Because every encounter Anakin has with her, it was clear he was winning. There's maybe one or two sources saying Dooku won easily, no reason for that to completely cancel out several sources, Dooku himself included, being impressed with Skywalker's performance and saying Skywalker was a legitimate threat.

Meh, Dooku's also of the opinion Sith Yoda would wreck Palpatine, and I'm not sure that's the case.

Emperordmb
I don't care if he was winning. Anyone truly approaching Dooku level like that should utterly Sheev on her, not take her after a long drawn out slugging match. And sure AOTC Anakin is impressive but he by no means has any parity with the good count. And once again, contradictory sources exist to the ones that say Anakin actually challenged Dooku in that fight. Honestly the Geonosian hangar events are the biggest continuity headache I can think of due to how many contradictory sources there are surrounding those fights.

Sith Yoda is hypothetical. Dooku is intimately familiar enough with Qui-Gon to compare Obi-Wan to him.

MythLord
Originally posted by Emperordmb
I don't care if he was winning. Anyone truly approaching Dooku level like that should utterly Sheev on her, not take her after a long drawn out slugging match. And sure AOTC Anakin is impressive but he by no means has any parity with the good count.

The only problem is: Anakin only took her out after a long drawn out slugging match on Yavin 4, a Dark Side Nexus, and even then he disarmed her after a minute-long duel before she had to use her surroundings to gain the upper hand. And I'm not arguing Anakin has any parity with Dooku, he's certainly not his equal, but challenging him is hardly outside Anakin's capabilities.

And once again, contradictory sources exist to the ones that say Anakin actually challenged Dooku in that fight. Honestly the Geonosian hangar events are the biggest continuity headache I can think of due to how many contradictory sources there are surrounding those fights.

Given that the novelisations, the comic and, to a lesser extent, the movie show Anakin legitimately giving Dooku a rough time, I'd say the sources which claim Dooku had to work for it would be more correct. In these cases, look at the actual feat itself rather than statements surrounding the feat.

Sith Yoda is hypothetical. Dooku is intimately familiar enough with Qui-Gon to compare Obi-Wan to him.

And Dooku is also intimately familiar with Yoda and Yoda's power and the benefits of turning to the Dark Side, so it's still as solid a comparison as saying Jinn > Obi-Wan. Which, by the way, Dooku never even made that comparison. He was disappointed at Kenobi for not excelling as much as he should've under Qui-Gon's teachings and he only made that statement in a Hasbro comic made as a commercial for toys, which coincidentally also has Anakin surprising Dooku with his skill and challenging him and also has Dooku implying his superiority over Yoda. So a questionable source to draw from, all things considered.

NewGuy01
Obi-Wan hadn't surpassed Qui-Gon by AotC; although that doesn't mean they weren't close. Anyway, Anakin's certainly more powerful than Qui-Gon, but Jinn's calm control and decades of dueling experience give him the edge, IMO.

Syndicate
Originally posted by MythLord
The only problem is: Anakin only took her out after a long drawn out slugging match on Yavin 4, a Dark Side Nexus, and even then he disarmed her after a minute-long duel before she had to use her surroundings to gain the upper hand. And I'm not arguing Anakin has any parity with Dooku, he's certainly not his equal, but challenging him is hardly outside Anakin's capabilities.

Given that the novelisations, the comic and, to a lesser extent, the movie show Anakin legitimately giving Dooku a rough time, I'd say the sources which claim Dooku had to work for it would be more correct. In these cases, look at the actual feat itself rather than statements surrounding the feat.

And Dooku is also intimately familiar with Yoda and Yoda's power and the benefits of turning to the Dark Side, so it's still as solid a comparison as saying Jinn > Obi-Wan. Which, by the way, Dooku never even made that comparison. He was disappointed at Kenobi for not excelling as much as he should've under Qui-Gon's teachings and he only made that statement in a Hasbro comic made as a commercial for toys, which coincidentally also has Anakin surprising Dooku with his skill and challenging him and also has Dooku implying his superiority over Yoda. So a questionable source to draw from, all things considered.

Quote for Yavin being a DS nexus?

quanchi112
Qui wins. Anakin Was such a crybaby idiot in this film.

ILS
Has a new argument for AotC Kenobi = Jinn surfaced recently that isn't shit, or?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.