Luke and Vader vs. Sidious (RotJ) and Caedus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Ellimist
1. Force
2. Sabers
3. All-out

Emperordmb
Team one IMO. The gap between Vader and Caedus is overrated.

Deronn_solo
Team 1.
Luke > Sidious.
Darth Vader and Caedus are on even playing fields as far as I'm concerned.

The_Tempest
👍👍

Emperordmb
For a second I was shocked by Temp having Luke above Sheev, but then I realized I had him confused with S66 who once seriously tried to argue Sheev was comparable to the Ones.

JKBart
Originally posted by Deronn_solo

Darth Vader and Caedus are on even playing fields as far as I'm concerned.

an timing

The_Tempest
Originally posted by Emperordmb
For a second I was shocked by Temp having Luke above Sheev, but then I realized I had him confused with S66 who once seriously tried to argue Sheev was comparable to the Ones.

Peak!Luke's the stronger combatant.

The Ellimist
Originally posted by The_Tempest
Peak!Luke's the stronger combatant.

And more powerful overall, and probably comparably well learned to Palpatine at his age. thumb up

The Ellimist
But I do think there's a fairly substantive gap between Caedus and Vader in Force ability and definitely in dueling prowess.

JKBart
The gap is not very huge Force-wise, but it's there, especially in mastery, variety, exotic abilities and stuff like that. In terms of dueling capacity there's a pretty clear space between them.

There are some areas in which they are even, some in which Caedus sports a minimal edge, and some in which Caedus is visibly superior. Caedus would win 10/10 against Vader, even though with great difficulty.

Deronn_solo
Originally posted by JKBart
an timing

Caedus is overrated, kek. Despite all of his vaunted power, he has some of the most laughable showings in the entire mythos for his supposed pay-grade.

Emperordmb
Out of curiosity, prior to getting his Sith name, what are his best dueling feats?

Deronn_solo
Probably defeating Yuuzhan Vong Slayers?

The Ellimist
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Out of curiosity, prior to getting his Sith name, what are his best dueling feats?

I think he did pretty well as a teenager against slayers, which is impressive given that a single sick slayer was beating Kyp.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by The Ellimist
I think he did pretty well as a teenager against slayers, which is impressive given that a single sick slayer was beating Kyp.

That had a lot to do with a Jedi battle meld.

The Ellimist
Eh, intuitively it seems like NJO -> LotF would make up for that amp and some.

The_Tempest
Maybe. I tend to forget about the meld, but the three of them were employing it during the final siege on Shimrra's citadel.

Emperordmb
Where's the statement that says Jacen>Vader?

The_Tempest
It's the publisher's summary of LOTF: Invincible.

carthage
team 2.

Caedus is still a greater duelist than Vader, even if you don't want to debate the force round. Stomping Katarn within seconds to the point where he needed intervention from his students, fighting evenly with an amped Jaina (She needed help), are all feats that surpass fighting evenly with ROTJ Luke/beating Galen/beating Ahsoka/Vader's technical mastery. Sidious is powerful enough to hold his own against Luke, whereas Vader will die to his grandson every time in a lightsaber duel

The Ellimist
Yeah, I think that too. Also Sidious could dispatch of Vader faster than Luke could destroy Caedus.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.