Soresu Taalon (post pool) vs. Luke Skywalker

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Ellimist
Round 1: standard non-jobbing Luke
Round 2: "super saiyan" Luke that fought Abeloth

Emperordmb
1. Taalon
2. If this means Oneness, then Luke.

The Ellimist
Originally posted by Emperordmb

2. If this means Oneness

Does it? It doesn't use the word "Oneness", but Luke does call upon the Force to the extent that his cells start bursting with light or something.

Ziggystardust
Luke both rounds.

Emperordmb
Yeah that Luke wins. Standard Luke loses.

The Ellimist
I wonder if he can do that at will, or if he needs some external factors. The text describes him consciously calling upon the light side or something by thinking about his love for people, so he proactively did it - but he probably needs extreme circumstances to get into that groove.

Ziggystardust
Yeah that Luke wins. Standard Luke loses.

I've yet to see a decent argument for this.

Deronn_solo
Luke brings the broom.

Emperordmb
Aside from Taalon at the very beginning of his transformation matching Luke near evenly in combat when Luke was trying to kill him? Prior to him developing power enough to shift the balance of the Force with his existence, drag around Luke with TK and move too fast for Luke to see?

Ziggystardust
Aside from Taalon at the very beginning of his transformation matching Luke near evenly in combat when Luke was trying to kill him?

Quick one. Citation, please? Just an example retort however... Caedus - in spite of fanatic masturbations - was not close to Luke in power or martial fighting. Yet, he did give Luke a hard - albeit not close - fight, when his once-beloved uncle was attempting to kill him. You'll have to excuse me if I'm not exactly balled over by the fact someone can challenge Luke. It happens more than it should.

Was it the sort of shift in power, that not only boosted it's catalytic hosts, but also dulled an entire Jedi Order's ability draw from the Force? Or was it likely to be a sprinkling of hyperbole, stemming from a nature that's been championed in lesser avatars - like Revan.

I will ask what I once asked a member on CV. How does this make him better than Luke?

Again, I will ask what I once asked a member on CV. How does this make him better than Luke?

Emperordmb
Would you mind if I got back to you later on this one? On vacation on my phone with questionable internet connectivity atm.

Ziggystardust
Would you mind if I got back to you later on this one? On vacation on my phone with questionable internet connectivity atm.

No. **** YOU.

Ziggystardust
JK JK

Emperordmb

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Ziggystardust
Luke both rounds.
thumb up Round one should be very close though.

The Ellimist
I could see Luke losing round 1.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
SSJ Luke would stomp, given its a 50x power boost

Ziggystardust

Emperordmb
That's understandable. The length of the time it took you to respond does not warrant any ill judgement from me.

Luke was fighting Taalon and Vestara, Ben was fighting Gavar, Gavar stabbed Ben in the side with a Parang then ran over to the others. Luke grabbed Gavar from behind and threw him into the others before cutting off Gavar's hand. Taalon blasted Luke into the wall with FL and held him there until Ben disrupted the current with his lightsaber blade. Luke and Ben ran out of the cave and collapsed it behind them. Iirc later on Luke, Ben and Vestara leave the planet when Gavar and Taalon attack rather than simply handling them then and there. So yeah, given that they fled, I'd say Taalon being at least a match for Luke at this point makes sense. Not to mention the quote from a secondary source (let's be real here, we ALL use secondary sources in debating) is completely uncontradicted by the source material.

Find me other examples of individuals causing such a shift and then we'll talk.

Was it a mistake? Can anyone with a copy of the book on hand confirm or deny this?

So Luke expects TK in the middle of a fight and... What? Doesn't throw up a barrier?

Luke got dragged a considerable distance and seems to have righted himself well before he reached his destination, I don't see why he wouldn't free himself and leave himself to whatever Taalon chooses to do.

Ummm... Luke was shooting at the guy with a blaster trying to kill him, so yeah it was combat. If Luke wasn't making use of his preceptory abilites then he's a dumbass. Secondly, Luke has fought plenty of Sith capable of seeming to teleport to non-Force users in a more impressive way (and even some of them to Force wielders). Luke using muggle vision makes absolutely no sense in the context of what happened or his reaction to it.

The Ellimist
That's understandable. The length of the time it took you to respond does not warrant any ill judgement from me.

Kek.

Granted, Luke tends to do much better against opponents who are initially kicking his ass after he takes his gloves are. His performance vs. Unuthul is probably the most apparent example.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.