Anakin Skywalker vs Kyp Duron

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Syndicate
I win either way. smile

JKBart
Time to kill all smile

Syndicate
Let the an slaughter commence. smile

Deronn_solo
They become friends, and help hone each others ridiculously over-powered Force potential.

NewGuy01
Realtalk, Anakin. Although, they would probably get along very well in DC's scenario.

Syndicate
NG's right Anakin stomps.

The Ellimist
Kyp takes Force, Anakin takes sabers, all-out probably depends on circumstances.

RHaggis
I could honestly see this fight being close. Anakin takes sabers whereas Durron can take force. Anakin probably does win, but I'll back Kyp for the hell of it.

SunRazer
Anakin's basically a better version of Kyp. He wins.

JKBart
Kyp takes Force, Anakin murders in sabers, wins all out easily.

cs_zoltan
1 feat and people think Kyp would take force. I guess Rivi-Anu would beat Anakin in force too.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
They become friends, lovers and help hone each others ridiculously over-powered Force potential. Fixed. smile

Deronn_solo
Except, Kyp has a plethora of other feats/accolades besides the Dovin Bassal one.

Using entire freighters as telekinetic weapons, being far above guys that casually hurl around AT-ST for lols, no-selling an enraged Jaina Solo lightning with casual ease via Force Absorption, and all that jazz.

There is also hurling boulders with increadible speed at flying TIE Fighters, one-shotting Sith Leviathans who's footprints alone were the size of Bantha's via alter environment, among other things.

So, yeah - Anakin isn't taking Durron in Force.

NewGuy01
Who are you referring to?

I recall the scene you're referring to, but at the same time am skeptical that what you're saying happened is what happened.

Oh, when was this?

https://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/12215635.jpg

SunRazer
Kyp's freighter feat is outmatched by Anakin's dreadnaught showing, which happened before Anakin received multiple power increases to reach the peak of his power. It's really only the Dovin Basal feat that's superior.

Syndicate
To be fair Anakin did need time to focus/gather his energies before accomplishing pretty much all of the feats he did in the CW comic series.

SunRazer
As I recall, Kyp did the same.

Syndicate
I wouldn't know. Just want to make the circumstances of Anakin's feats clear.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Anakin kills Kyp, then Jaina, then goes for Caedus.

Trocity
Caedus beats him in a good one.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Which is more than can be said for Kyp, unfortunately. smile

The Ellimist
Kyp's non-powerscaling feats are significantly better.

Deronn_solo
Originally posted by SunRazer
Kyp's freighter feat is outmatched by Anakin's dreadnaught showing, which happened before Anakin received multiple power increases to reach the peak of his power. It's really only the Dovin Basal feat that's superior.

Yeah, I'm not going to take anything performed in that series at face-value for obvious reasons. Besides - even if I did take that at absolute - that's only TK.
Kyp has a wider array of abilities (Force drain, Force Lightning, Force destruction, Alter Environment, Force absorption) and just strikes me as the more masterful and adroit Forc sensitive in general.

This is not to mention Durron far and away superior telepathic showings among other things. Basically, the only thing that can be argued for Ani is TK. Everything else is clearly in Durron's favor.

FreshestSlice
You mean, you only take feats from Kyp at face value.

NewGuy01
Feats?

Feats?

Confirm the feat you mentioned?

How many of Durron's "everything" is actually going to be applicable in this situation, though.

Deronn_solo
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
You mean, you only take feats from Kyp at face value.

Yeah, because they don't come from sources that has Jedi jumping around like the The Hulk in duels, or exaggerate The Force to a laughable degree.

Taking it at face-value, Anakin should have zero trouble pulling of the telekinetic showings his later - far more powerful self, gave effort to. Buuut, what do you know; he visibly strains to push escape pods into a star, and taps into his rage to collapse a dome.

Both of which, pale in actual juxtaposition with moving a ****ing dreadnought with planet razing capabilities against it's will.

Deronn_solo
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Who are you referring to?

Streen and Dorsk 81.

Both of which, casually tossed AT-ST's with casual ease, the latter of which did so with simple Force repulse after Kyp told him to stop doubting himself and let loose. Streen just conjured up winds that casually threw aside multiples AT-ST's. Said winds impacted the aforementioned Walkers with enough Force to actually crack it pushed two of them that impacted with enough force to crush them.

Once you consider the fact that: accolades, Luke, and the overall narrative surrounding Durron --- paints him as someone significantly above all his peers in the Force --- then Kyp is actually looking pretty good right now.

????
I'm just going to post the quote so you can make up with it what you will:

---Excerpt from Dark Journey

He did something similar to that in The Apprentice too, but I can't be bothered to dig up the quote right now, since I ain't even home.

Darksaber. Again, no quote on me, but I'll prolly post it whenever I get home.

I'll get to the rest later, I gotta jet.

NewGuy01
That's actually really bizarre... He talks about it like his knowledge of FL is what allows him to cancel it out, so I don't think it's absorption... Not sure what else to classify it as, though.

The Ellimist
Kyp's telekinesis is pretty insane.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Yeah, because they don't come from sources that has Jedi jumping around like the The Hulk in duels, or exaggerate The Force to a laughable degree.

NJO? Not exaggerated? Are you high?

Maybe because it's a different medium?

If the size of the dreadnought was the cause of its capabilities, maybe.

The Ellimist
NJO isn't as uniformly "exaggerated". Kyp stands out whereas padawan Anakin doesn't as much in OCW.

I mean you can ignore the fact that he replicated the black hole better than Luke did, but that actually did happen, and you can't change that.

SunRazer
Yeah, you can't be selective about the insanity of feats. Anakin's a very inconsistent character thanks to his emotional state and a couple of incompetent writers, but generally speaking, as someone with by far the highest amount of raw power in the mythos, it's really not that believable for him to be moving the Dreadnaughts.

And I'm aware that Kyp's better in other areas - unfortunately, most of those aren't applicable in a fight.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by The Ellimist
NJO isn't as uniformly "exaggerated". Kyp stands out whereas padawan Anakin doesn't as much in OCW.

The **** it isn't. And doesn't stand out? By already being more powerful than most of the Jedi Council? Yeah, real background character. erm

Which has nothing to do with the point.

Deronn_solo
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
NJO? Not exaggerated? Are you high?

Not to the extent as the OGCW series, no.
Plus, given that Kyp's OP'ness has spanned three different era's now, consistently; I don't see why this is actually a problem.

Pick an era, and Kyp is sporting either ridiculous hype, accolades, or feats. With Anakin though? Sans that one ludicrous feat, he isn't really sporting TK feats that match Durron IMO.

Seems like a cop-out for inconsistency, but who am I to say?

Okay, shit point I admit, as size =/= destructive power concededly. Still doesn't change the fact that Obi-Wan's 12 meter (I think? Not an expert of ship sizes)
long Jedi Starfighter was sliding over the Dreadnought with much space to spare - implying the size of that thing was rather monumental.

Deronn_solo
Originally posted by NewGuy01
That's actually really bizarre... He talks about it like his knowledge of FL is what allows him to cancel it out, so I don't think it's absorption... Not sure what else to classify it as, though.

Whelp, what ever umbrella of abilities it fall under, it still indicates a great degree of Force power, and mastery.

So what you're saying is: we should just ignore Anakin's consistency, and take a out-lier feat that makes zero sense when juxtoposed with his later, factually primed up self, from clearly exaggerated medium at face-value just 'cause?

KK.

Also, dunno how abilities like Force lightning, Force destruction, Alter Environment, and Electro Magnetic manipulation for that pesky hand of Ani, and such is useless in one-on-one combat, but whatevs B.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.