Benefits of restricting same-sex marriage?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
Besides the religious BS, what are the benefits or restricting it?

No stupid crap like "we don't have to watch them kissing".

Real benefits.

AsbestosFlaygon
In the Western part of the world, there are more old people than young people. Not sure if it has something to do with same-sex marriage. Probably more with the overuse of contraceptive methods and alternative sex practices.

But same-sex marriage does prevent making more babies. Not a good thing, imo.

Can't think of a single benefit of being a homosexual, except for satisfying your sexual gratification with a person of the same gender.

NewGuy01
So... Limiting our overpopulation issues. +1 for gays?

Robtard
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
In the Western part of the world, there are more old people than young people. Not sure if it has something to do with same-sex marriage. Probably more with the overuse of contraceptive methods and alternative sex practices.

But same-sex marriage does prevent making more babies. Not a good thing, imo.

Can't think of a single benefit of being a homosexual, except for satisfying your sexual gratification with a person of the same gender.

Do we have proof of this? Because there are hetero couples who opt to not have children as there are same-sex couples who opt to have children, be it through a sperm donor, surrogate or adoption.

Then there's the fact that same-sex couples have existed prior to marriage equality, so the only thing that changed for many of them is being legally married.

It's also not like the human race is in any threat of going extinct due to lack of births. Just a weird angle to use to be against marriage equality.

MS Warehouse
Not that I support same sex marriages (or care enough to oppose them), but idiots need to stop having kids. Whether they're low class or middle/upper class, the idea that everyone is equipped to handle children is a damn lie. Most parents suck and as a result, they raise stupid ass kids. Just my not too intelligently thought out two cents.

NewGuy01
I'm curious, MS. If you don't care enough to oppose them, what in particular inclines you to clarify that you don't support same sex marriages? I mean, why should people's personal lives be anyone else's business, anyway?

I'm not chastising you, I'm genuinely curious; it seems like a no-brainer to me. Is there something that bothers you about it other than it being a left-wing position?

MS Warehouse
Because as a religious Jew I don't support it. As someone who recognizes not everyone believes in God, I don't oppose it.

NewGuy01
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ll4yt5iJaS1qz5t0t.gif

Scribble
Originally posted by MS Warehouse
Not that I support same sex marriages (or care enough to oppose them), but idiots need to stop having kids. Whether they're low class or middle/upper class, the idea that everyone is equipped to handle children is a damn lie. Most parents suck and as a result, they raise stupid ass kids. Just my not too intelligently thought out two cents. Agreed. (About the breeding stuff, I'm fully down with same-sex relationships and marriage. If anything, homosexuality is nature's way of reducing overpopulation.)

Surtur
Not that I support same sex marriages (or care enough to oppose them), but idiots need to stop having kids. Whether they're low class or middle/upper class, the idea that everyone is equipped to handle children is a damn lie. Most parents suck and as a result, they raise stupid ass kids. Just my not too intelligently thought out two cents.

We have systems place that are basically set up to encourage idiots to have kids. I mean why not? Once you have them you can get on some government assistance..or get even more GA if you were already on it prior to having kids.

Which is even more messed up because if you need assistance paying your bills before you have a child then you would think common sense would tell you that you probably shouldn't be bringing any children into the world because you wouldn't be able to afford to raise them and thus you'd just add more of a burden to tax payers. We reward idiots in this country, we even reward certain kinds of criminals..it's strange.

MS Warehouse
I'm not familiar with the specifics of government assistance but I would stop it after kid #2.

ArtificialGlory
Well said. Some people don't have what it takes to look after a puppy, let alone another human being.

Lord Lucien
Because as a religious Jew I don't support it. As someone who recognizes not everyone believes in God, I don't oppose it. http://i.imgur.com/Bp78H4W.gif

Jmanghan
Because as a religious Jew I don't support it. As someone who recognizes not everyone believes in God, I don't oppose it. God's a bigger ******* then Satan, tbh.

juggerman
Well the Bible says...

Originally posted by Jmanghan
Besides the religious BS

Crap. Well then it's gross when i see...

No stupid crap like "we don't have to watch them kissing".

Dammit. Really tying my hands here dude.

Real benefits.

I'll think of something mad

Raisen
It's damn gross

It's xyz!
You must tell China this! Originally posted by NewGuy01
So... Limiting our overpopulation issues. +1 for gays?

Parmaniac
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
But same-sex marriage does prevent making more babies. Not a good thing, imo. ouch

socool8520
I don't think there are any real benefits of restricting gay sex marriages. Like others have said, there are enough children up for adoption and the like that a dying population is not even close to an issue right now. I also don't know of a country where homosexuality is acceptable that has a population issue. There will always be enough hetero-relationships to offset the lack of baby making by homosexual couples.

The lack of baby making really only applies to male couples anyways. Female couples can be artificially inseminated and baby it up.

IMO, the only reason this is a problem for people is the religious who think it is sinful or the folks who just find it un natural, neither of which is a good reason.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.