Challengers to Darth Sidious

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SunRazer
Darth Sidious (various versions) is challenged by other Sith who seek to take power from him. This not a gauntlet, so analyze each fight individually.

1. TPM Darth Sidious vs Darth Tenebrous in all-out, on Bal'Demnic.

2. RotS Darth Sidious vs Naga Sadow, Freedon Nadd and Ludo Kressh in all-out, on Yavin IV.

3. RotS Darth Sidious vs Darth Krayt & Darth Wyyrlok in all-out in Belia Darzu's fortress, Tython.

4. RotJ Darth Sidious vs Karness Muur & Exar Kun in Force-only, in the Emperor's Throne Room aboard the Death Star II.

5. RotJ Darth Sidious vs Valkorion in Force-only, in the Eternal Throne Room.

Emperordmb
1. Sheev, he's already around Plagueis level whose>Tenebrous

3. Depends on if Wyyrlok can hit him with TP well enough for an opening as Alema did to Luke for Lumiya to cut his hand off. My guess is if it was the same circumstance, Sheev would be ****ed, but since he's aware of who he's fighting that won't happen. I'll give it to Sheev.

Not sure what to make of the others tbh. Interesting thread.

SunRazer
Even if Valkorion is exempt from the "most powerful of the Sith" quotes (though he's not exempt from the quote about Sidious being the most powerful DS practitioner up to and of his time), RotS Sidious is still at least above Vitiate and therefore around Valkorion's level in pure Force ability. RotJ Sidious would've since advanced and surpassed that, but that's just my take on it. I'm sure others would disagree.

Sidious beating Tenebrous is the only other round that I'm completely convinced goes in favor of Sheev.

Emperordmb
I know I definitely have DE Sheev>Valk, just not sure about his earlier incarnations.

MythLord
Originally posted by SunRazer

Honestly, TPM Sidious VS Plagueis is debatable. That should mark Palpy as canonically better than Tenebrous.

2. RotS Darth Sidious vs Naga Sadow, Freedon Nadd and Ludo Kressh in all-outon Yavin IV.

Sheev wins, particularly due to his more practical applications of his Force powers and superior dueling skill and physicals.

3. RotS Darth Sidious vs Darth Krayt & Darth Wyyrlok in all-out in Belia Darzu's fortress, Tython.

Probably Sidious. I'm questioning if Wyyrlok would really add anything substantial, and Krayt would lose to Sidious 10/10.

4. RotJ Darth Sidious vs Karness Muur & Exar Kun in Force-only, in the Emperor's Throne Room aboard the Death Star II.

He might lose. It depends on how you interpret Vader's statement of him and Muur being > slightly post-RotS Sidious. If we are to take it at face value(I personally wouldn't) then Sheev dies.

5. RotJ Darth Sidious vs Valkorion in Force-only, in the Eternal Throne Room.

Palpy wins in a good fight.

SunRazer
Regarding round 4, even if we ignored the statement, that hardly gives Sidious an absolute victory. You could argue for the Ancient Sith there.

SunRazer
What do you guys think of RotJ Palpatine's hologram mind-dominating DE Luke?

MythLord
Regarding round 4, even if we ignored the statement, that hardly gives Sidious an absolute victory. You could argue for the Ancient Sith there.
I didn't even say his victory is a 100% sure thing, but statements like Exar Kun > Vader and Vader + Karness > RotS Sidious are big game-changers on that topic.

What do you guys think of RotJ Palpatine's hologram mind-dominating DE Luke?

Didn't really mind-dominate him so much as make him feel cold and frozen through it's presence. Great raw power feat.

SunRazer
Fair enough. Another quote from the Death Star novel claims that Sidious was the most powerful Sith who ever existed, by the way.

MythLord
You mean the quote that says Vader could someday surpass him?

SunRazer
Yeah. I know it's from Vader's perspective. Just mentioning it because I haven't added it to my RT yet.

MythLord
Well I'm sure Azronger will remind you of it. Just like he reminded you that Sidious is 25.000 times the speed of light.

SunRazer
lol

Which one was the quote that he used for the basis of Sidious's physical and spirit forms being interchangeable in respects to power and general ability? Was it the one that said Sidious' grasp of the dark side never faltered?

MythLord
Yeah, something like that. And remember, Sidious ragdolls Krayt who ragdolls Vader who ragdolls Galen who ragdolls everyone else in the mythos smile

SunRazer
Is that what Azronger said?

MythLord
Yup. He prizes Sidious as, besides Luke and the cosmics, the most powerful character in Star Wars. He thinks Krayt can solo Vader and Galen without a whole lot of trouble and thinks Vader can legit dominate Galen becasue he did in the Wii version prior to the boss battle and because Witwer said so.

I like the guy, but even I don't wank Movie-Era characters that much.

Nai

Sidious should win this rather comfortably.

A single one of them would give Sidious trouble. All three? Overkill. Sidious dies.

What incarnation of Krayth? The one that gave post FotJ Luke trouble? I'm rather sure that he could defeat RotS Sidious on his own.

Kevin J. Anderson once remarked that Kun is one level with DE Sidious. Going from there, Kun alone should defeat any weaker incarnation of Sidious, who, by his own words, has grown significantly in power between RotJ and DE.

I can see that DE Sidious vs Valkorion would be a good fight, that could go either way (although I'd favor Valkorion with his 1,300 years of experience as a Sith Lord and being refered to as "godlike"wink. But RotJ Sidious is no match for the former Sith Emperor.

SunRazer
It's Reborn Krayt.

NewGuy01
Citation needed.

And Krayt never fought Luke, so I don't know what you're on about on that point, either.

DarthAnt66
You don't remember that Facebook email that took KMC by storm like a year ago?

NewGuy01
By Kevin? No.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
1. Sidious
2. Team
3. Team
4. Team
5. Sidious or stalemate

Syndicate
Sidious.
Sidious.
Sidious.
Team.
Valkorian.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.