The Ellimist vs DarthAnt66

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dark-Kenshin
1. Force.
2. Sabers.
3. All out

Force abilities are as strong as one's SW knowledge. Sabers skills are as strong as one's debate skills.

/not a serious thread

NewGuy01
Any prolly takes Force, Ellimist prolly takes sabers.

JKBart
Ellimist takes Force, toss up at sabers and all out

Ziggystardust
Can we put an end to these aids threads ?

NewGuy01
no. AIDS is the futurr

DarthAnt66
Ant all three. wink

#whitesupremacy

Emperordmb
Ant takes all three. Ellimist could be a top tier debater but he chooses to lower himself to tasteless trolling and hyperbolic mockery in order to make his point.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Ant all three. wink

#whitesupremacy

Aren't you half puertorican?

NewGuy01
And Ant doesn't lower himself to tasteless trolling and hyperbolic mockery to make his points? confused

I think you may want to re-think your argument there, DMB.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Aren't you half puertorican?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgj3nZWtOfA&t=2m20s

Deronn_solo
Originally posted by NewGuy01
And Ant doesn't lower himself to tasteless trolling and hyperbolic mockery to make his points? confused

I think you may want to re-think your argument there, DMB.

Pipebomb

Emperordmb
Not to the extent that it overpowers almost all of his debating.

I mean shit, Ant never argued something like Malak>>Yoda whereas Ellimist spent a few weeks saying shit like Maul>>Vitiate becuz Banite scaling.

When I think of Ant's effects on the forums, trolling comes to mind but him impacting the forums to get Revan raised is easily the first thing that comes to mind. With Ellimist the first thing that comes to mind is a bunch of painfully blatant troll threads.

The Ellimist
Being serious for a moment, I think the difference between my trolling and that of, say, Ant or Beefy is that I don't let my joking conflict with my debating; if someone wants to debate me and I have time, I'll gladly debate them. I then separately make less serious threads. Others frequently respond to attempts at serious discussion with trolling - that's more harmful, IMHO.

Fated Xtasy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgj3nZWtOfA&t=2m20s

LMFAO

DarthAnt66
Being serious for a moment, your "serious discussion" is basically trolling, hence why #whitesupremacy.

The Ellimist
Being serious for a moment,

Ah, but you're not, see? Calling someone's arguments "trolling" when you are well aware that they are not by intention is the oldest insult in the book - but it is a conclusion that needs to be supported by evidence, not reasoning unto itself.

DarthAnt66
No, most of your arguments are trolling to see how far you can get away with, and you're trolling now. Hiding behind BS isn't changing that.

The Ellimist
I love how you respond to rebuttals by just repeating your original assertion in different wording. Kind of not what self-aware organisms that react to stimuli do. mmm

Emperordmb
As if Maul>>Vitiate was a serious opinion

(If it was that's only more proof Ant wins this thread tbh).

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by The Ellimist
I love how you respond to rebuttals by just repeating your original assertion in different wording. Kind of not what self-aware organisms that react to stimuli do. mmm
Cringe. You're like the beta version of Gideon.

The Ellimist
You can take devil's advocate positions, the part you should look at is whether the arguments are logically cohesive and the evidence presented is honest. There are plenty of activities in which you are obligated to occasionally play devil's advocate (.ie law, competitive debate, etc.)

This also doesn't refute my distinction at all.

The Ellimist
Cringe. You're like the beta version of Gideon.

And yet again, you don't actually make any arguments in your reply, just boring one liners. And yet you're trying to call me a troll in the same breath. laughing

DarthAnt66
roll eyes (sarcastic) And the ladies be swooning.

Nephthys
*spooning

The Ellimist
Referring to the thread topic, Ant has a substantially greater volume of knowledge of Star Wars lore in terms of how many books he's read/games he's played/quotes he possesses. At the risk of sounding arrogant, I'm smarter and better at general reasoning, .ie all else being equal I could construct and understand more effective arguments and am better at spotting errors. Rhetoric is probably up to personal tastes.

DarthAnt66
This is why no one likes you. mmm

Monstrous F4gg
Ellimist wins, i might need to steal that force/saber/all out setup tho

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Monstrous F4gg
Ellimist wins, i might need to steal that force/saber/all out setup tho
Jack, you're back. What's good?

Deronn_solo
At the risk of sounding arrogant, I'm smarter and better at general reasoning, .
Based on?

Monstrous F4gg
Jack, you're back. What's good?
graduated college, yay! wat do now wit lyfe

The Ellimist
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Based on?

There are times when I make somewhat more nuanced arguments pertaining to probabilities, parsimony, or whatever, and he sort of blanks out and just doesn't engage with them/gives a nonsense answer. He also contradicts himself and presents some dubious reasoning at times. Given that he spends significantly more time and effort in his replies while I rapid-fire my own, and his effectivenes:effort ratio seems to be smaller than mine.

Monstrous F4gg
Originally posted by Emperordmb

When I think of Ant's effects on the forums, trolling comes to mind but him impacting the forums to get Revan raised is easily the first thing that comes to mind. With Ellimist the first thing that comes to mind is a bunch of painfully blatant troll threads.
and whats the first thing that comes to mind with you? ''bane takes this one'' ur no better

Fated Xtasy
roll eyes (sarcastic) And the ladies be swooning.

And I'm sure a couple guys too.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
And I'm sure a couple guys too.
A couple? Pfff. When all the gays hear Elm's accomplishments, like surviving the One Child Policy purge, they'll all be coming.

Ziggystardust
There are times when I make somewhat more nuanced arguments pertaining to probabilities, parsimony, or whatever, and he sort of blanks out and just doesn't engage with them/gives a nonsense answer. He also contradicts himself and presents some dubious reasoning at times. Given that he spends significantly more time and effort in his replies while I rapid-fire my own, and his effectivenes:effort ratio seems to be smaller than mine.

Oh yes. And what's your excuse for ducking our conversations - as in you and I?

The Ellimist
I fail to see how this isn't a compliment. mmm EDIT: before Ziggy

The Ellimist
Originally posted by Ziggystardust
Oh yes. And what's your excuse for ducking our conversations - as in you and I?

You ducked our first one. erm

Fated Xtasy
A couple? Pfff. When all the gays hear Elm's accomplishments, like surviving the One Child Policy purge, they'll all be coming.

I kinda meant that in regards to you.

I misread the comments lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.