Revan Reborn vs Shadow of Revan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

NewGuy01
This hasn't been discussed in a while, but I've seen it poked at in other threads and am wondering if everyone's still on the same page regarding it.

http://www.meta-gamer.info/assets/foundry_01.jpg

VS

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/4_LAAVQHXg4/maxresdefault.jpg

Who's stronger? Who's cooler? Who's Revan-er?

DarthAnt66
Wait, Revan from the novel or during the Foundry battle? Foundry Revan just endured three-hundred years of torture, hadn't picked up a lightsaber in centuries, drastically decreased in power from the Emperor's draining and the tireless mental war, and already began to split into two separate beings with two separate goals. EDIT: Revan also claims his power had been so weakened that the Hero of Tython's strength in the Force is greater than his as he was released from prison: "The Force is strong in you. Stronger than I've felt in a long time." I doubt he recovered fully by the time of the Foundry.

NewGuy01
The novel.

JKBart
Novel Revan would be superior if it wasn't for years of imprisonment, drugs and shit like that.

Novel Reborn Revan without novel hindrances > SOR Revan > Novel Reborn Revan > Foundry Revan

FreshestSlice
Those drugs weren't doing nearly as much as your implying. Stop listening to AP.

@Ant: Maybe the HoT is just more naturally powerful than Revan ever was. http://r35.imgfast.net/users/3513/11/32/39/smiles/922207309.gif

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
@Ant: Maybe the HoT is just more naturally powerful than Revan ever was. http://r35.imgfast.net/users/3513/11/32/39/smiles/922207309.gif
Is that why he needs amps from Valkorion, Darth Marr, Satele Shan, and a lightsaber of destiny to even beat Arcann? mmm

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by NewGuy01
The novel.
Reborn might be more powerful, but Returned's definitely the more dangerous and unleashed combatant. He'd beat novel Revan.

He's also cooler and more "Revaney".

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Is that why he needs amps from Valkorion, Darth Marr, Satele Shan, and a lightsaber of destiny to even beat Arcann? mmm
Arcann has philosophy advantage. No one can beat him with inferior Jedi and Sith techniques.

DarthAnt66
Can't you forge the lightsaber while keeping your old philosophy as well though?

I recall three options when forging your lightsaber: LS, BS, and DS.

FreshestSlice
Can't you forge the lightsaber while keeping your old philosophy as well though?

Obviously the HoT/whoever is just in denial. Valkorion said so.

Those options had nothing to do with anything besides a one off amp against Arcann in gameplay. Not Light Side, Bullshit, or Light Side points at all.

NewGuy01
Do we know what each of those amps were?

DarthAnt66
Sas, who do you think wins this Revan fight and why?

NewGuy01
I side with the Shadow of Revan, in all three rounds.

The only way to really explain is to lay out the difference between them. So first, you had the classic Darth Revan(pre), and then his memories were shattered and he lead a new life as the Redeemed Revan(post). As time progressed, Revan regained more and more of his memories, but with them came a conflict in identity between his pre and post personalities that didn't fully manifest until his torture at the hands of Vitiate and the Dread Masters. That internal conflict, along with the fact that he was at a physical and mental ebb after his imprisonment, is what made Foundry Revan the weakest of his incarnations imo. However, this identity crisis isn't something that had developed within Revan circa the novel, and the Shadow of Revan was the result of him discarding that conflict; for that reason they're the two strongest Revans, but they're opposites. Revan in the novel was Revan(post) who had regained the memories & experiences of Revan(pre) but hadn't re-developed Revan(pre)'s identity, whereas the Shadow of Revan was the Revan(pre) who discarded the Revan(post), but retained his memories & experiences... The only time Revan truly became whole was at the end of SOR, where both identities melded; both incarnations here are broken/incomplete. That's my understanding of the situation.

From there, for me, it just comes down to the difference between pre and post. In this case, unlike a comparison between Darth and Redeemed, they not only both possess the same body, but also the same memories/knowledge; the difference between them boils entirely down to their style of play. With that in mind, the answer's obvious for me. Pre was the Anakin-style war hero that fought the Mandalorian Wars, and was the one who delved into darkness to arm himself with any weapon necessary to save the Republic--he's the more focused, unrestrained, and overall dangerous of the two. Post is superior in a lot of important ways, like not being insane, but he's just not the warrior that pre is.

NewGuy01
Oh, and there's also the 300 years of dark knowledge Revan gleaned from Vitiate to factor in as well.

DarthAnt66
Very nice post. thumb up Sasukedc embracing the Revan culture. I like it. http://r35.imgfast.net/users/3513/11/32/39/smiles/922207309.gif

NewGuy01
By the way, I was watching some SOR videos before I made this thread, and came across that quote you brought up the other day about Revan implying he could kill everyone on Yavin IV by hand.

You failed to mention that 5 seconds later he also implied that Vitiate would be no match for him. laughing out loud

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
thumb up

DarthAnt66
By the way, I was watching some SOR videos before I made this thread, and came across that quote you brought up the other day about Revan implying he could kill everyone on Yavin IV by hand.

You failed to mention that 5 seconds later he also implied that Vitiate would be no match for him. laughing out loud
Go back and read the context of the debate you read, champ. laughing out loud

If my central argument was Revan TK-busting a planet, it was pretty obvious I wasn't being serious.

I even specifically made note of that at the end. mmm Did you just skim the thread?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Vitiate is no match for Revan, tho

NewGuy01
Excuses.

& is the scene from your sig good fap material?

NewGuy01
Also,

Explain yourself.

DarthAnt66
Excuses.
Another one of my arguments was stock Dark Jedi > Darth Maul. erm

& is the scene from your sig good fap material?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diDnLvyoDUk

DarthAnt66
Explain yourself.
There's no way really to gauge how much power Revan lost when he split with his spirit. His spirit is clearly packing a significant amount of power.

Plus, Revan's Force in Balance ability allows him to augment his powers to unnatural levels based on his fight in the Foundry.

It's also possible they pulled another cliche "rebirth means power increase" like they did with Darth Krayt and Darth Maul, like you assume.

I'm just not sure, although I feel Shadow of Revan wins whatever the case.

NewGuy01
I doubt he lost anything. Revan is literally the Majin Boo of Star Wars.

Star Wars characters receive Zenkais, it's a fact.

DarthAnt66
You say that, but know I don't know who Majin Boo is or what the comparison means.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Sas, It's Buu, you ****ing pedestrian.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
You say that, but know I don't know who Majin Boo is or what the comparison means.

Shitty weak DB character

NewGuy01

https://youtu.be/Obiw0U20thQ?t=190

FreshestSlice
Do we know what each of those amps were?
Tbh

Yes.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.