Marvel Netflix shows

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dynomaiteru
As a fan of Marvel and, of course, the MCU, would you recommend me to watch Daredevil and Jessica Jones?
Which one do you think is better and why?

Adam Grimes
Daredevil by a mile. Jessica Parker is pretty good too, just not at the same level IMO.

Inhuman
Both are good.
Start with DD season 1, then JJ then DD season 2

Patient_Leech
Loved Daredevil. Havent seen Jessica Jones yet. Definitely watch Daredevil!

TheVaultDweller
Both are really good, but slightly different shows. Daredevil is a more traditional vigilante-fighting-crime/villains type deal, where Jessica Jones is more of a psychological thriller, to a large extent.

Surtur
I would recommend both, but I do like Jessica Jones better. The story in that show felt a lot more intimate because it's a more personal story. It's solely about her trying to stop a specific villain she has a history with. As opposed to just trying to fight the mob and its leaders for no real reason other than the cliche "it's the right thing to do" mentality.

I also liked the villain from Jessica Jones a lot more than I liked the Kingpin and his cronies.

BruceSkywalker
both are good, but Daredevil is way much better.. Kingpin stole the show in the first season of DD, while the Punisher was badass in season 2

carthage
You can't go wrong with any of them. I just started Jessica Jones and it's great

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Dynomaiteru
As a fan of Marvel and, of course, the MCU, would you recommend me to watch Daredevil and Jessica Jones?
Which one do you think is better and why?

They're both great but nothing like the MCU movies.

Much darker in tone. Both of them.

dynamix
i think so far their Marvel's Neflix Universe world is successful. two series and both were pretty awesome.

Impediment
I have yet to watch Jessica Jones.

Am I missing out on anything?

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Impediment

Yes. A good show and a great villain.

Mindset
DD S2 > JJ > DD S1

BruceSkywalker

well yes, it is a good show, however the villain could have been better..

Arachnid1
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
well yes, it is a good show, however the villain could have been better.. I'm of the opposite opinion. The villain was the best part of the show, along with Cage who was awesome. Everything else was meh.

DD1 > DD2 >>>>>>>JJ

I want to say DD2 is better than 1 just because everything in the begining half along with episode 9 was absolute gold and better than anything in season 1. Everything after that was handled horribly though. The ending just kind of fizzed out. DD1 at least ended with a bang and tied it all up nicely.

Arachnid1
double post

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Arachnid1
I'm of the opposite opinion. The villain was the best part of the show, along with Cage who was awesome. Everything else was meh.

DD1 > DD2 >>>>>>>JJ

I want to say DD2 is better than 1 just because everything in the begining half along with episode 9 was absolute gold and better than anything in season 1. Everything after that was handled horribly though. The ending just kind of fizzed out. DD1 at least ended with a bang and tied it all up nicely.

Purple Man, IMO could have played much better than he was.. Cage at times was meh, but overall he turned out good

Darth Thor
DD1 > DD2 for me. The ending of DD2 was a little underwhelming, whereas everything about DD1 was perfection.

Mindset
Nope, my opinion is the only right one.

Surtur

David Tennant is quite good in it as the Purple Man. I found him more interesting than Fisk.

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
both are good, but Daredevil is way much better.. Kingpin stole the show in the first season of DD, while the Punisher was badass in season 2

I guess I'm in the minority because I liked the show, but I wasn't really blown away by Fisk. I don't think he was bad..just nothing too special. Also imo the Punisher started off bad, but he got better as the series went on.

Mindset
Originally posted by Surtur
David Tennant is quite good in it as the Purple Man. I found him more interesting than Fisk.

I guess I'm in the minority because I liked the show, but I wasn't really blown away by Fisk. I don't think he was bad..just nothing too special. Also imo the Punisher started off bad, but he got better as the series went on. thumb up

I agree with all of this, except I always liked Punisher.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Mindset
Nope, my opinion is the only right one. Fite me pleb

blair85
Both Jessica Jones and Daredevil were great. The writing and acting is good. Very interesting characters.

Luke Cage's series premiers September 30th. Looking forward to it.

carthage
Luke Cage clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ymw5uvViqPU

carthage
Debut of Punisher, Season 2 of Jessica Jones, Season 3 of a Daredevil are skated for 2018 according to Comicbookresources

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/new-seasons-of-jessica-jones-punisher-daredevil-wont-debut-until-2018

TheVaultDweller
I kind of figured some of them would only end up being 2018. Marvel has a lot of properties on Netflix now (Daredevil, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, Iron Fist, Punisher and Defenders will all get a run), and they need enough time to give each show the attention it deserves, to make sure the quality stays constant. It's better to wait a bit longer for a good show than have them rush it and it ends up being shit.

It's kind of crazy. When the news came out a few years ago that Marvel had gotten the rights to DD back, and was planning the Netflix series, I honestly didn't expect that much to come of it. I was expecting something akin to Agents of Shield, which is, even by the standards of people who watch it consistently, often very hit-and-miss. But all of them have been great so far and, judging from the teaser footage we've seen for the stuff that's coming, it looks like we're getting more quality.

Surtur
I just wonder if Luke Cage will have feats in his series that make his getting KO'ed by a shotgun blast seem silly.

TheVaultDweller
He already kind of does. The bar explosion. He wasn't even coughing, or breathing hard for that matter, from the smoke and fumes when he walked out. And that blast was powerful enough that it sent Jessica flying halfway across the street, and she was standing outside when it blew. Luke just walked out like nothing. If he can stand in the middle of that bar and tank the force of that explosion without any injury, the shotgun should not have had the effect it had, even at pointblank range.

But then the main problem I had with Jessica Jones, as a series, was the PIS-related power fluctuations. My bigger concern for Luke Cage is that I hope they can keep the action interesting when he can just steamroll through groups of armed opponents with zero worries.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
He already kind of does. The bar explosion. He wasn't even coughing, or breathing hard for that matter, from the smoke and fumes when he walked out. And that blast was powerful enough that it sent Jessica flying halfway across the street, and she was standing outside when it blew. Luke just walked out like nothing. If he can stand in the middle of that bar and tank the force of that explosion without any injury, the shotgun should not have had the effect it had, even at pointblank range.

But then the main problem I had with Jessica Jones, as a series, was the PIS-related power fluctuations. My bigger concern for Luke Cage is that I hope they can keep the action interesting when he can just steamroll through groups of armed opponents with zero worries.

I just want Cage to say "Sweet Christmas" a whole lot big grin

TheVaultDweller
If he doesn't say it at least once in the first episode, I'd be very disappointed. laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.