DN Luke vs. Plagueis and Starkiller

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Ellimist
1. Force
2. Sabers
3. All-out

Deronn_solo
1) Team.
2) Luke
3) Leaning Luke, but team could win depending on how he plays it.

chingchangwalla
Team, Luke for majority, Probably Luke 6.5/10

JKBart
1. Team
2. Luke
3. Luke

Syndicate
Team.
Luke.
Team.

The Ellimist
Reasons?

The Ellimist
Why would Luke lose Force?

Syndicate
Feaats.

The Ellimist
Better feats combined than Luke?

Syndicate
Yes.

The Ellimist
Pretty sure together they would get moved by a supermassive black hole, unlike Luke.

JKBart
Eh, it's pretty different. You can join your powers in external telekinetic output, and in that area their power output together surpasses Skywalker. Obviously you can't join your output in terms of immobilization and personal resistance, but if you hypothetically mixed up Plagueis and Starkiller into one being, that being would resist the black hole with the Force too.

The Ellimist
Even if that were true (which would require that combination to not be additive), it's not like they can just "combine" their powers here, they'd just be individually trying to attack him.

JKBart
That depends. If their individual attacks arrive simultaneously, the overall power output is still the sum, and thus above Luke, if they attack with individual Lightning barrages around the same time, or if Plagueis starts throwing shit at Luke while Starkiller launches Lightning.

The Ellimist
Well for example, Galen may lose to two Dooku's somehow combining their powers, but individually one Galen's lightning can <insert ridiculous TFU feat>...but two Dooku's standing together shooting their lightning couldn't, because that would just be doing twice as much as what Dooku can do, which wouldn't be enough.

But I agree that they could challenge Luke by the tactical factors of attacking him from multiple fronts or whatever.

Syndicate
Originally posted by The Ellimist
Pretty sure together they would get moved by a supermassive black hole, unlike Luke.

You mean the quote about Luke being so unmovable he wouldn't be moved by the black hole in the center of the galaxy that obviously isn't hyperbole or anything?

The Ellimist
I don't think so. If you look at the quote, the author calls him "the very essence of the immovable object" and then goes into great efforts to detail a bunch of increasing absurdities, as if to try to communicate to the reader how literal he means that without using the word "literally". It's probably what I would have done if I had wanted to say "this is literal" - use absolute statements like "the very essence of" and then talk up a bunch of absurdities. It sounds a little too much to be hyperbole.

Even if it were, tanking the telekinesis of Unuthul, who had the combined Force potential of trillions of Killiks, is pretty damn impressive.

JKBart
trillions

trillions of Bane's souls crying in agony smile smile smile smile

Syndicate
What you would have done has no bearing on what the author themselves did and what their intent was. Personally I take that entire diatribe as hyperbolic as no force user has shown shields even close to being able to tank the matter disrupting energies of a black hole and because the quote itself was referring to Luke's immovability and not his force defenses.

Did he have their power or only their potential? Also how powerful are Krillik force users in comparison to a random sentient?

The Ellimist
I might pull up the quote later - it asserts it in a way that makes it seem literal.

Syndicate
Honestly I don't care. Luke doesn't have feats as of DN to justify the possibility of him accomplishing such and therefore he can't. That's just how I view it. I actually am surprised, I thought you knew my stances pretty well.

The Ellimist
It's not too outlandish, given that he has the potential of the Chosen One.

I'm not claiming that this translates into his ability to, say, move a star or something - it's a specific defensive move that probably involves connecting to the Force in some way and is disproportionate to his overall power.

NTJack0
Luke loses force, but he wrecks the other two.

Syndicate
Originally posted by The Ellimist
It's not too outlandish, given that he has the potential of the Chosen One.

I'm not claiming that this translates into his ability to, say, move a star or something - it's a specific defensive move that probably involves connecting to the Force in some way and is disproportionate to his overall power.

You can feel free to believe that. Until I get some evidence to the contrary I won't assume that "immovability" is a force power that is disproportionate to the other capabilities Luke has demonstrated.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.