Sidious and Plagueis vs Revan, Krayt, and Caedus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

NewGuy01
*Team 1 is as they are just prior to TPM
*Team 2 is at their respective peaks
*If Team 1 loses, give them Darth Tenebrous for Round 2. If Team 2 loses, give them RotS Vader for Round 2.

Curious to see what some people will say, tbh.

DarthAnt66
This thread disgusts me.

Trocity
Team 2.

SunRazer
Team 2 wins in a great fight. Tenebrous comes in and team 1 wins decisively. Vader comes in and team 2 gets the win again.

Syndicate
Wow. Actually a really good fight. I'll go team in a close matchup.

The Ellimist
Not sure. Sidious and Plagueis are both above any of team 2. Revan doesn't pose much of a threat to either on his own, but here he might be enough of a nuisance/distraction to make this a toss up.

DarthAnt66
Revan solos Plagueis while Krayt and Caedus butcher Palpatine.

Rebel95
Team 2 barely, but it could honestly go either way

EmperorSidious2
team 2

Jmanghan
Originally posted by The Ellimist
Not sure. Sidious and Plagueis are both above any of team 2. Revan doesn't pose much of a threat to either on his own, but here he might be enough of a nuisance/distraction to make this a toss up. Lol, yes, Revan is the distraction.

The Ellimist
Make this RotS Sidious and team 1 wins.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Krayt dukes it out with, and maybe, just maybe, even defeats Sheev, while Revan and Caedus inevitably defeat Plagueis.

NewGuy01
Well, I made it TPM Sidious.

And Krayt>Sheev? Blasphemy.

Jmanghan
Wait hold on, this is TPM Sidious and Plaguies?

What the ****?

Anyone on Team 2 can take Palpatine.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Round 2, anyone on team 1 can take anyone on team 2. smile

The Ellimist
Krayt isn't likely to beat Sheev, and Plagueis could probably come close to ragdolling Revan, but I'm not sure if he can do that while fending off Caedus.

The Ellimist
TPM Palpatine is already > Vitiate IMO.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Completely disagree on Plagueis Ragdolling Revan, tbh.

Jmanghan
The hell did Palpatine do around the time of TPM that was so impressive?

DarthAnt66
Nothing.

NewGuy01
I still maintain the same general scale I always have.

TPM Sidious >/~ Novel Vitiate
ROTS/ROTJ Sidious >/~ SWTOR Vitiate
DE Palpatine >/~ KOTFE Valkorion

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
ROTS/ROTJ is disgusting.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by NewGuy01
I still maintain the same general scale I always have.

TPM Sidious >/~ Novel Vitiate
ROTS/ROTJ Sidious >/~ SWTOR Vitiate
DE Palpatine >/~ KOTFE Valkorion
Under what basis did SWTOR Vitiate grow so significantly in power?

NewGuy01
Under what basis did Sidious? confused

DarthAnt66
Fair enough on RotS, but RotJ was draining the power of Byss' inhabitants.

Jmanghan
Ok, so, just came back, and aside from a bunch of claims of power, the best feat TPM Palpatine has is moving too fast for Maul to see, which tbh is pretty impressive, but it doesn't make him as impressive as anyone on this list, especially in the force.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The absolutely ludicrous increase in knowledge on Sidious' part from ROTS to ROTJ, along with his Byss draining, is enough that you can't really put them on the exact same level, imho.

Deronn_solo
Team two wrecks, LMAO.

The Ellimist
Originally posted by Jmanghan
The hell did Palpatine do around the time of TPM that was so impressive?

1. Power scaling from Plagueis.
2. Pretty sure the "greatest master of evil ever to use sith power" refers to TPM Sidious, but not so sure.
3. Unbalancing the Force.
4. Moving too fast for Maul to see.
5. Deflecting fire from 200 battle droids at once.
6. Midichlorian manipulation.

NewGuy01
Okay, well tell us what about him changed so dramatically while he was sitting in his office up to RotS.

DarthAnt66
Did you miss the "fair enough" part of my post in regards to RotS? erm

NewGuy01
Did you miss Jmanghan's? Take your L.

DarthAnt66
Learn to ****ing quote you whore.

The Ellimist
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Okay, well tell us what about him changed so dramatically while he was sitting in his office up to RotS.

He can hold secret scheming meetings with separatist leaders and take on his former apprentice in person, I don't doubt he could figure out how to do a little practice.

Nai
2. Pretty sure the "greatest master of evil ever to use sith power" refers to TPM Sidious, but not so sure.

Still doesn't apply, because the Visual Guides deal with movies only. And that would mean, if it comes from the "Ultimate" version of the Visual Dictionary, this would be RotJ Sidious.

The Ellimist
Oh, I forgot about that debate. Need to reply.

But it clearly doesn't refer to RotJ Sidious because it was talking about how Sidious was plotting behind the shadows beyond the vision of the Jedi Knights, .ie the PT. But I don't have the book, so I can't say if it's referring to the TPM-era or after.

Jmanghan
1. Power scaling from Plagueis.
3. Unbalancing the Force.
4. Moving too fast for Maul to see.
5. Deflecting fire from 200 battle droids at once.
6. Midichlorian manipulation.
1. I guess? :/

2. Considering there are far more impressive displays from other force users, this is moot. Regardless, its pretty vague.

3. Again, vague.

4. As I said, impressive.

5. Nothing any of Team 2 couldn't accomplish.

6. ...When???

Nai

Rebel95
Do we know if Sidious' lightsaber skills increased or decreased between ROTS and ROTJ?

The Ellimist
@Nai: uh, no, without the context, you cannot conclude that every statement on Sidious needs to refer to his latest chronological incarnation by default, just because it's an Ultimate Visual guide. By that logic, it can't talk about anything Palpatine did in the prequel trilogy because his latest moment of life was in RotJ. That's pretty ludicrous. The quote in question uses the present tense, meaning that it's likely just narrating some era of the prequels. If it had said "Anakin was no match for Dooku on Geonosis", that doesn't mean "Revenge of the Sith Anakin would be no match for Dooku if they fought on Geonosis". Timelines still exist, lol.

And yes, it could refer to RotS, but "could" as in "that could be the answer depending on the context but we don't have the passage", not "it's ambiguous and could mean anything".

I don't see how this is even a question; why would RotJ Sidious be "biding his time" beyond the vision of the Jedi Knights?

Syndicate

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.