Darth Nyriss vs Count Dooku

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Who wins this epic combat? Fight takes place on flat, neutral terrain

chingchangwalla
Shit. I don't even know. Possibly Dooku

DarthAnt66
Dooku, but it's close.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by chingchangwalla
Shit. I don't even know. Possibly Dooku
Then how the **** do you have Dooku > Revan?

What the **** is this?

AncientPower
Stop expecting logic, Ant.

Anyways, Dooku takes sabers but not to the degree that Nyriss takes Force.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I like the Nyriss wank. She has the hype/implications to support it.

carthage
Dooku handily

Syndicate
Dooku in all. Force is close.

AncientPower
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I like the Nyriss wank. She has the hype/implications to support it.

She's just plain better, simple and not really debatable.

Her mastering the depths of Sith sorcery, and achieving ROT Bane tier Force lightning casually, which took a heavy physical toll on her body. Yet still fighting with all the strength and ferocity of a Sith warrior in her prime, such as to make one of the greatest warriors in the Empire, Lord Scourge, look like fodder, is incredible.

carthage
She doesn't have any notable feats with sorcery, and her lightning was on a nexus. She's good though just not really on Dooku's level in terms of accolades relating to the force, and since she's unamped Dooku can probably deflect her lightning.

Syndicate
thumb up

NewGuy01
Yeah, Dooku in all.

chingchangwalla
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Then how the **** do you have Dooku > Revan?

What the **** is this?

Dooku has comparable feats, is a tier up on Revan with Sabers but a tier down with force powers. I'm not saying Dooku stomps Revan or anything just that Dooku is more versatile

NewGuy01
Nyriss>Revan

accept it, ant

AncientPower
Nyriss is one of the most powerful Dark Council members we've seen and her tenure of twenty years if one of the longest we've ever seen in all of SWTOR media, she unlike countless generations of Sith Lords after her actually impressed Scourge greatly.

Her sorcery knowledge is vastly greater than Dooku's:

Her accumulative knowledge of ancient Sith sorcery spanned a lifetime and was enough to make her one of the three most tenured Sith on the Dark Council, yet she was still far greater than Xedrix, one of her seniors.

Her feats of lightning are so much more stronger than Dooku's that even a nexus isn't serving to make up for the disparity.

Dooku would take sabers but Nyriss is clearly more masterful and powerful.

chingchangwalla
Mm I know, I'm not disagreeing. In the Nyriss vs Dooku thread a while ago I'm pretty sure I said Nyriss would win. Nyriss > Dooku > Revan.

DarthAnt66
Dooku has comparable feats, is a tier up on Revan with Sabers but a tier down with force powers. I'm not saying Dooku stomps Revan or anything just that Dooku is more versatile
What? How is a lightsaber going to save Dooku against a wake of telekinetic power far greater than anything he's fought against?

Flinging away Kenobi doesn't compare to ragdolling Marr, Shan, Beniko, and friends, before incapacitating them into spinning whirlwinds.

He's also a better duelist, but he won't even have to pull out a lightsaber to utterly destroy Dooku in seconds.

DarthAnt66
Nyriss > Dooku > Revan.
Except we know for a fact that Revan is vastly more powerful than Nyriss.

Like, he literally one-shot her.

chingchangwalla
I can't be ****ed dealing with Revan fanboys today, this continues tomorrow.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Revan >> Nyriss. It's honestly his best feat.

DarthAnt66
I can't be ****ed dealing with Revan fanboys today, this continues tomorrow.
Damn, after the insult, this debate will probably be my most anticipated event of the week.

It makes it better my chance of victory is 100%, so I can boost my ego without any worry of failure.

AncientPower
Ant, I'm frankly surprised you haven't been wanking Revan's absorption of Nyriss' lightning, considering it was going to incinerate a powerhouse of destruction who has tackled Traya's telekinesis and Scourge who tanked Xedrix's lightning. A feat of Force lightning that is infact superior to anything Darth Bane did with Force lightning.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
It's the best argument for Revan being comparable to Yoda.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by AncientPower
Ant, I'm frankly surprised you haven't been wanking Revan's absorption of Nyriss' lightning, considering it was going to incinerate a powerhouse of destruction who has tackled Traya's telekinesis and Scourge who tanked Xedrix's lightning. A feat of Force lightning that is infact superior to anything Darth Bane did with Force lightning.
thumb up True that. His absorption feats against Nyriss, Vitiate, and the Core on the Temple of Sacrifice need to be referenced more by me.

Anyway, the point is Revan butchers Dooku. smokin'

chingchangwalla
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
It's the best argument for Revan being comparable to Yoda.
*Facepalms

DarthAnt66
Let's hear your arguments, champ.

I will break you and mold you into my slave, like I did to everyone on ComicVine.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Ching, prove you're slightly less pathetic than the likes of Zeilon.

AncientPower
Yeh but absorbing lightning stronger than any lightning Bane has dealt out and then ashing the source isn't something he's made a point of before. Just that it's better than handling Dooku's, yet Dooku has shit all on Bane in terms of lightning.

DarthAnt66
@Skillz: Difference is, during the time of Zeilon, we were just members.

Now, we are so much more. ComicVine has learned their place - Ching will too.

carthage
She has no notable feats with sorcery, and being one of the greatest Dark councillors pales in comparison to being considered one of the Greatest force users in history and being considered by Yoda to be the most gifted students in the Jedi order decades before becoming a Sith in Dark Rendezvous. Also being called one of the Most powerful Jedi in the Order's 25,000 year History/One of the most powerful force users in history >>>>>>>>>>>>> anything Nyriss can claim

Dooku would oneshot Xedrix, and most of the Dark councillors of her era are featless. Again prove that her knowledge of sorcery would beat Dooku in the force when she has zero feats with it, and why Dooku can't just beat her down with telekinesis

You haven't proven he can't deflect it while she's using it unamped, nor that its even the same potency while on flat neutral terrain (per the OP). Dooku can just deflect it and tool her with telekinesis.

carthage
Yeh but absorbing lightning stronger than any lightning Bane has dealt out and then ashing the source isn't something he's made a point of before. Just that it's better than handling Dooku's, yet Dooku has shit all on Bane in terms of lightning.

Nyriss's lightning isn't as powerful as Bane's off a nexus thumb up

chingchangwalla
@Skillz: Difference is, during the time of Zeilon, we were just members.

Now, we are so much more. ComicVine has learned their place - Ching will too.

Revan takes Nyriss in a combat situation most times out of ten. But as for someone playing a God type role I'd take Nyriss, the point I was trying to make is that Nyriss is more Powerful altogether. Their combative force powers are are about the same and Revan takes Sabers.
Power: Nyriss > Revan
Combat: Revan > Nyriss

I'm not here to piss people off

DarthAnt66
Yeah, but stupidity pisses us off. We're not here to be nice. We're here to debate (or, at least, that's why we joined originally).

So, when Revan absorbed and bent back Nyriss' lightning, that's a text-book definition of Revan's power being vastly greater than Nyriss'.

In fact, the Essential Reader's Companion outright states it is a demonstration of Revan's "raw power" that such a feat was accomplished.

Nyriss dished out her best attack, but Revan swatted it aside like it was nothing. That's why Revan is >> her, and that's why he's >> Dooku.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Ching, What the hell are you talking about? Nyriss is absolutely outclassed by Revan in terms of power.

Syndicate
He's also a better duelist

Going to have to point out that this is patently false unfortunately.

DarthAnt66
Gross. Begone, forgotten child.

Syndicate
I still love you Ant. smile

chingchangwalla
Just because someone absorbed an attack, doesn't mean they are better. It was more of a shock to Nyriss that he actually did it, full credit to Revan. Yoda be absorbing Sidious' force lightning but Sidious > Yoda. Although I guess Yoda didn't redirect it back to Sidious. All this is irrelevant babbling, and you guys are most likely right. My knowledge on Revan is alright but not up to your level, you win. Feats tell us Revan is more powerful. Game, Set and Match Darth Ant and Supreme

Syndicate
To be fair ching it was big of you to admit a mistake. I myself have trouble with that as do most of the smarter guys on the forum.

DarthAnt66
Just because someone absorbed an attack, doesn't mean they are better. It was more of a shock to Nyriss that he actually did it, full credit to Revan. Yoda be absorbing Sidious' force lightning but Sidious > Yoda. Although I guess Yoda didn't redirect it back to Sidious. All this is irrelevant babbling, and you guys are most likely right. My knowledge on Revan is alright but not up to your level, you win. Feats tell us Revan is more powerful. Game, Set and Match Darth Ant and Supreme
Good, good. Remember, you joined KMC, not ComicVine. KMC is a brutal, dark place, but if you survive, make allies, and grow as a debater, one day you will seize a portion of Ethiopia for yourself. We're a group of arrogant, experienced nerds who know a lot about Star Wars but also think that means we're entitled to the world. Which is true, since I am, but that's besides the point. Anyway, check out my Revan respect thread: http://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/darthant66/blog/revan-respect-thread/95278/ for all things involving Revan quotes, feats, accolades, etc.

DarthAnt66
Also, Stark, are you just going to keep awkwardly stalking this thread from a distance, or are you going to comment on Dooku's Vjun feat and how godlike it was? wink

Syndicate
Just keep in mind its pure wankery that is for the most part over exaggerated and you should be fine. smile

Jmanghan
Nyriss is one of the most powerful Dark Council members we've seen and her tenure of twenty years if one of the longest we've ever seen in all of SWTOR media, she unlike countless generations of Sith Lords after her actually impressed Scourge greatly.

Her sorcery knowledge is vastly greater than Dooku's:

Her accumulative knowledge of ancient Sith sorcery spanned a lifetime and was enough to make her one of the three most tenured Sith on the Dark Council, yet she was still far greater than Xedrix, one of her seniors.

Her feats of lightning are so much more stronger than Dooku's that even a nexus isn't serving to make up for the disparity.

Dooku would take sabers but Nyriss is clearly more masterful and powerful. Thats because Scourge was weak as ****.

He was getting tagged by droids and no-name bounty hunters.

chingchangwalla
Good, good. Remember, you joined KMC, not ComicVine. KMC is a brutal, dark place, but if you survive, make allies, and grow as a debater, one day you will seize a portion of Ethiopia for yourself. We're a group of arrogant, experienced nerds who know a lot about Star Wars but also think that means we're entitled to the world. Which is true, since I am, but that's besides the point. Anyway, check out my Revan respect thread: http://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/darthant66/blog/revan-respect-thread/95278/ for all things involving Revan quotes, feats, accolades, etc.

Thanks 👍🏼 I'm just a bit unfamiliar with the Revan and Vitiate stuff. Most other stuff I should know

SunRazer
@chingchangwalla - And remember, if you let your fanboyism cloud your thoughts, you'll degenerate into a second Ant. Your favorite character will then become more powerful than anybody on this board can possibly imagine, and then they'll drive you off as an outcast. That comes after a several-day ban, of course.

DarthAnt66
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ihjVfpj0h8, Nova revealing his internal emotional feelings.

SunRazer
You taking offense, Ant? Don't worry. You'll always be the guy who counted his debate victories in public to me. smile

Besides, who cares what I say? I used to have Kavar = Bane in Force smile

DarthAnt66
Of course, I value you as a friend. I'm not sure why you're being like this. I don't recall insulting you for months now. What's up?

SunRazer
I'm not insulting you, just messing around. KMC is getting boring these days smile

SunRazer
Nice edit.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by SunRazer
I'm not insulting you, just messing around. KMC is getting boring these days smile
http://24.media.tumblr.com/dd9d1b515da7758d0a866b2d823e52fa/tumblr_mpy06c3ptH1qlqxk1o1_500.gif

SunRazer
I thought you didn't watch Friends.

Emperordmb
Dooku, but it's close.
thumb up

And yeah, Nyriss has better lightning than Dooku unquestionably.

The Ellimist
She charged lightning on a nexus, lmao.

Nyriss is one of the most overrated combatants ever. Dooku's feats and accolades outstrip her by miles.

AncientPower
Typically, you don't get it, Dooku has only ever slowly killed with lightning. His best feat as Razer noted is killing an unprotected Ventress with it.

Nyriss comparatively has casually charred two armoured guards to husks almost before they could scream. Better than any of Dooku's lightning displays against fodder by a large margin.

Nyriss with a lightning storm she charged from her own internal power was so powerful that it would have incinerated Meetra and Scourge. That is entire magnitudes higher than anything Dooku did with lightning. Noting that Meetra has defended from the lightning storms of Traya and Atris, and Scourge tanked Darth Xedrix's charged lightning storm and killed him shortly after.

A nexus amp is not going to make up for that vast disparity, Dooku on Vjun, certainly wasn't incinerating anybody either.

The Ellimist
Typically, you don't get it, Dooku has only ever slowly killed with lightning.

And you think this is by an inability to? If his goal were to kill random non-Force sensitives as quickly and efficiently as possible, he could've just snapped their necks.

And disarming three nightsisters, making Yoda deflect his "far from easily" , and overwhelming TCW Anakin. It doesn't look like Revan Reborn struggled to redirect Nyriss's charged nexus-lightning. thumb up

On a nexus, and less impressive than killing Ventress. (Note: those armored guards were even more "unprotected"wink

That she charged yes.

Don't you think it's a little ridiculous to bring up Xedrix when the whole point of his character was to show how weak and frail some dark council members were?

KEK, Dooku on Vjun was pressing Yoda, the fact that he didn't bother to char people with lightning is irrelevant, as I mentioned earlier.

Dooku is good enough to have been Yoda's greatest student in the prime of the Jedi, to an "even greatest sith lord". He was able to tool and ragdoll Obi Wan while simultaneously kicking away Anakin, and press Yoda on a nexus. Nyriss, meanwhile, gets one-shotted by Revan even on a nexus, who in turn gets one-shotted by Vitiate, who is obviously weaker than RotS Sidious. That same Nyriss is subsequently declared to be Dooku-tier because with one of the most powerful nexuses in the galaxy she could beat a weakened Meetra and a useless Scourge, which is obviously as impressive as taking on Anakin and Obi Wan at the same time. thumb up

Emperordmb
Nyriss being capable of disintegrating Scourge (who would've also benefitted from nexus so point is moot) is still better than bringing Ventress to her deathbed.

Selenial
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Nyriss being capable of disintegrating Scourge (who would've also benefitted from nexus so point is moot) is still better than bringing Ventress to her deathbed.

Amps from a nexus are relative to one's individual strength in the force, so no, the point isn't moot.

Emperordmb
So you think there would be less of a disparity between Scourge and Nyriss off nexus?

And you didn't answer my question on the other thread. Do you still intend to respond to our debate? Take all the time you want/need, but your comments in the other thread left me unsure of if you intended to at all.

Selenial
Originally posted by Emperordmb
So you think there would be less of a disparity between Scourge and Nyriss off nexus?

And you didn't answer my question on the other thread. Do you still intend to respond to our debate? Take all the time you want/need, but your comments in the other thread left me unsure of if you intended to at all.

To both questions: Yes, I do.

Though tbh didn't see your post in the other thread.

Emperordmb
Any evidence for the nexus thing? And good goooooooooooood, would've hated to not get closure on that for something so trivial.

I posted it long after your post because shortly after my previous post I went hiking and shit with no internet connection. So if you didn't see it that's not really a surprise.

carthage
Typically, you don't get it, Dooku has only ever slowly killed with lightning. His best feat as Razer noted is killing an unprotected Ventress with it.

Nyriss comparatively has casually charred two armoured guards to husks almost before they could scream. Better than any of Dooku's lightning displays against fodder by a large margin.

Who cares the point being you haven't proven her lightning would do the same on flat neutral terrain. And you also haven't proven that Nyriss's "knowledge" of sorcery is useful, so I accept your concession that Dooku can't simply deflect it.

Why do you have to type such pointless shit? Dooku has better accolades, greater showings of different various other abilities, and her lightning can be deflected. Ergo she gets wiped out by telekinesis

Did you not bothering reading the OP?

MythLord
Dooku wins.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.