Thanos vs Spectrum

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

basilisk
So the story so far with Ultimates/Civil War II is that the Ultimates captured Thanos but Rhodey got killed and She-Hulk got hurt. Thanos is held in a basement somewhere (personally, I think Thanos is kind of a dangerous guy to just leave unguarded in the basement where he will inevitably break out and cause more trouble... I would have just dumped him in one of BMs portals or America Girl's dimensional holes somewhere he'd never be seen again... but whatever.)

Monica then is feeling bad about it all. She suddenly thinks of the "obvious" way she should have defeated Thanos before anyone got hurt, by zipping through his eyeball at lightspeed and frying his brain.

So for this fight it's a rematch Spectrum vs Thanos. Spectrum is going straight for the kill with her new attack to avenge Rhodey.

Can she do it? Will she be forced to do it at the end of the current arc?

If not, who are the most powerful characters she can take down with this attack?

StiltmanFTW
Didn't She-Hulk die, too? Just later?

basilisk
Hmm.. don't know. Maybe. All the more reason for Monica to go for the kill in this fight.

StiltmanFTW
She is on life support and suddenly there's no pulse. But I've only seen a single page, so maybe she recovers later.

It's quite ridiculous that a single missile did that to her. Superdurability, healing factor... yeah, so much for those. And to think that people complained when she died from a headshot in AoU laughing out loud

As for the thread, yes, such an attack should kill Thanos.

leonidas
Originally posted by basilisk
So the story so far with Ultimates/Civil War II is that the Ultimates captured Thanos but Rhodey got killed and She-Hulk got hurt. Thanos is held in a basement somewhere (personally, I think Thanos is kind of a dangerous guy to just leave unguarded in the basement where he will inevitably break out and cause more trouble... I would have just dumped him in one of BMs portals or America Girl's dimensional holes somewhere he'd never be seen again... but whatever.)

Monica then is feeling bad about it all. She suddenly thinks of the "obvious" way she should have defeated Thanos before anyone got hurt, by zipping through his eyeball at lightspeed and frying his brain.

So for this fight it's a rematch Spectrum vs Thanos. Spectrum is going straight for the kill with her new attack to avenge Rhodey.

If not, who are the most powerful characters she can take down with this attack?

not sure yet if jen died but she seemed to be on the mend. anyway, i don't buy that they beat him at all. my thought is he let them think they beat him. i mean really, has ANYONE ever beaten thanos inside a single issue?? the whole thing seemed terribly easy to me, and thanos didn't really seem to have a plan. i know they had the prophet to find and maybe surprise thanos, but still, wayyyy too easy imo.

but i digress. smile

i found myself sort of wondering the same thing you are here. it SEEMS like a plausible way (if a bit copy-cat from morrison's run on jla where atom took down darkseid...) but it's just hard for me to believe it would be that easy. as an eternal he def has some uber regenerative powers but could she at least score a ko? like i said seems plausible, but something inside just says no way it would be that easy. maybe his armor would guard him from that type of attack? given the beings he fights it would be a logical line of attack. my head says yeah it could work, but the rest of me says thanos would turn the attack against her if it ever happened in a comic....

good thread idea. thumb up

deathslash
Originally posted by leonidas
not sure yet if jen died but she seemed to be on the mend. anyway, i don't buy that they beat him at all. my thought is he let them think they beat him. i mean really, has ANYONE ever beaten thanos inside a single issue?? the whole thing seemed terribly easy to me, and thanos didn't really seem to have a plan. i know they had the prophet to find and maybe surprise thanos, but still, wayyyy too easy imo.

you do realize that bendis was writing this?

Insane Titan
laughing out loud Basilisk is way too desperate.

-K-M-
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Didn't She-Hulk die, too? Just later?

Still alive. Just in a coma

basilisk

but i digress. smile On the other hand, it isn't a single issue story and this was just one battle. So maybe he is just going to take advantage of the defeat to come back and wreak havoc...

but i digress. smile

i found myself sort of wondering the same thing you are here. it SEEMS like a plausible way (if a bit copy-cat from morrison's run on jla where atom took down darkseid...) but it's just hard for me to believe it would be that easy. as an eternal he def has some uber regenerative powers but could she at least score a ko? like i said seems plausible, but something inside just says no way it would be that easy. maybe his armor would guard him from that type of attack? given the beings he fights it would be a logical line of attack. my head says yeah it could work, but the rest of me says thanos would turn the attack against her if it ever happened in a comic....

good thread idea. thumb up One question of course is - is Thanos' brain any less durable than the rest of him? I mean he gets blasted by Thor, Silver Surfer and other cosmic types on a regular basis. His energy durability is pretty good. So as an enhanced eternal, if his brain is just as tough as the rest of him I don't know if this attack would be anything special. And why go through the eye anyway? She can turn into neutrinos which go through basically anything.

Regardless, one disadvantage of regenerating back from death is that even guys like the Avengers can go all out and not worry about trying lethal attacks like this.

Zack M
Does anyone have those scans?

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by -K-M-
Still alive. Just in a coma

Missile to her boobs did so much dmg?

And here I thought she was taking "shots" there all the time...

Surtur
Thanos wins via face punch.

One_Angry_Scot

but i digress. smile

good thread idea. thumb up

thumb up

I think him saying "My move" on the last page kind of seals the deal.

Though something interesting is if he was planning something was he planning to get captured in another area and therefore he was surprised when everyone knew where he was?

Or does he already know about Ulysses and that was what he came to Earth for. And the Cosmic Cube motive was just a lie.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by basilisk

Ha! I immediately thought about this technique and if others thought it would work. Missed this thread.

AlmightyKfish
I think this is one of those things that a character might try, thinking it would work and it just end up not working on Thanos.

I mean he's tanked planetary explosions and such, and is a high end energy manipulator. Spectrum doesn't really know him that well. I'm not exactly sure how much more effective her light beam thing would be than that gas giant exploding in his face when he fought the Forgotten One.

We'll probably find out if this works by the end of the arc though.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
I think this is one of those things that a character might try, thinking it would work and it just end up not working on Thanos.

I mean he's tanked planetary explosions and such, and is a high end energy manipulator. Spectrum doesn't really know him that well. I'm not exactly sure how much more effective her light beam thing would be than that gas giant exploding in his face when he fought the Forgotten One.

You mean the Fallen One?

AlmightyKfish
Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
You mean the Fallen One?

Whoops yeah, Forgotten One is an Eternal. Meant the Fallen One.

abhilegend
Since when Thanos is an energy manipulator?

erm

krisblaze
^dude what

Insane Titan
Originally posted by krisblaze
^dude what it's Abhi, it's what he does

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by abhilegend
Since when Thanos is an energy manipulator?

erm

wut?? embarrasment

abhilegend
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish

Talking about this post.

Apparently Thanos is a high end energy manipulator now.

mmm

quanchi112
Originally posted by krisblaze
^dude what Abhi doesn't understand what happens in comics. Another post which hammers this home.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by abhilegend
Talking about this post.

Apparently Thanos is a high end energy manipulator now.

mmm

http://www.universomarvel.com.aq/galactus/Galactus_Thanos_2.jpg

abhilegend
laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.