Possible Explanation to the end of Reloaded

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bri22984
Based on a post elsewhere on this board explaining that in the Enter the Matrix video game the Oracle in a new form tells Niobe that "Neo found the Source but in essence it was the end. Neo's MIND AND BODY were seperated from the Matrix after he went out of the source meaning his MIND was still in the Matrix while his body was in the real world!"
--This might explain that when he stopped the sents at the end of the movie, he stopped them because part of his mind was still inside the matrix controlling the power of the machines or something. Just a theory.

manuelgar

Ushgarak
No... absolutely not. But please keep all talk on such a subject to the thread designed to talk about whether the real world is a Matrix or not.

spacemnokey108
could it be possible that the real world is actually fake?, take for example neo stopping the sentinals, how could he have done that if not carrying some of his code out of the matrix. Also, when he stopped them, he must have created an EMP, which is why he dropped into a coma as well, because he is a machine, plugged into another matrix. These are all just theories so dont hold it against me.

MC Mike
There is a big word for this thoery you see everywhere on the forum - MWAM, Matrix Within A Matrix.

ITALIAN926
Isnt it funny watching newbies talk ?? lol

realworlddreams
they all think they've sed sumthin new or important, wow, n after i spent all that time explaining w/the animatrix thread...

JediHDM
yeah, its amazing looking back, how the first two posters essentially summed up the two theories inherent to the watching of Reloaded...and then the thread gets brought back after, 5 months by a newb...

Metamorphisis
manuelgar

It's been all but proven absolute that MWAM does not exist. Neo NEVER says that they are still inside, he says "Something's different. I can feel them."

Bri22984

This is something I have discussed pretty thoroughly - barring the Enter the Matrix references since I have not played it yet...

I will post my theory now (and please reference anyone to it who asks in the future), you can browse all my previous posts to get anything you miss -- or just PM and ask if you want...

We know that the Machine mainframe is the source, as Stated in Neo's conversation with the Oracle in Reloaded.

However, the Architect declares that he is the one who programmed the matrix, this would make him the source of the matrix program itself. This, I believe is how Neo "touched" the source without entering the source.

It works like this:
Think of the machine mainframe as a Unix server. Your access flow chart would look like this:

Root access at console station --> root access through network connection --> Root permissions inside networked shell access (no access to actual root, just the ability to manipulate things as if you were the Admin user) --> User access with extended permissions (Neo inside teh matrix) --> User access (all other bodies inside the matrix short of programs)

Hope you followed that because we're now going to use it. Neo, and all other people inside the matrix, are just users of the system. The program is stored in the buffer of each individual person so if the system is updated there is no temporary loss of connection between those plugged into the matrix and the Mainframe server. Neo gained extended permissions inside the Matrix program because of the anomaly code he carries (his subconscious rejected the programming upon birth and is only now coming to fruitation). When he "died", the traumatic experience triggered an extreme manifestation of the code because his mind has already rejected the Matrix, so the matrix cannot kill his mind. Once he's gained these "extended permissions" he starts on the path to the Source, the machine mainframe, and our unix server.

When he visits the Architect, he is also exiting the Matrix program, while staying connected to the machine computer network. (just as the backdoors appear to be on the outside of the matrix program) By doing this he is entering a "shell account" on the mainframe to communicate with the Architect. This, and his interaction with the Architect, inadvertently give Neo root permissions (super user access) on the system. The machines never had to worry about this before, as the anomaly always chose to save the species as a whole, but understood the possibility of the anomaly choosing to re-enter the matrix. When Neo does this, he does not loose his super-user status, however, and as he has touched the source, his mind does not completely disconnect from the matrix computer system.

TO ALL I have refined this theory, that so many of you enjoyed before, to explain WHY he is able to stay connected EVEN AFTER exiting the system! PLEASE READ! smile

The machines would need a wireless network capability since so many of them are mobile, yet they all seem to have a central intelligence, so they all know what's going on, both inside, and outside of the matrix. Because of the implants in the humans that are used to connect them to the matrix, they can pick up on the signal, but, their brains do not interpret the signals because it is weak compared to their sensory input, and is not a connection to the Matrix program, but to the actual machine mainframe system (the SOURCE)!! Because Neo now has root access on the Machine Mainframe, he is not locked out of that portion of the signal, so his brain can interpret the data received -- thus allowing him to "feel" the Sentinels as he does the Agents inside the Matrix. The Bane version of Smith has the same access, so as to know where the sentinels are to, say, discharge EMP before they are within range, AND destroy resistance ships. Also, sentinels would know that Bane is really the program Smith, so they would not kill him upon sight, but rather let him infiltrate the resistance ranks.

JediHDM
meta> im sorry to tell you this, however, neither Bri or manuelgar have been members since june...they posted only three posts between them...also, i still wanna see proof that the machine world is real, and that it is not a programmed reality...people keep saying that MWAM is all but dead, but i do not recall ever seeing proof of this...even if the MWAM part is that the reality above the machine world is just a supernatural world, it is still basically the same thing as MWAM...I want someone to PROVE to me that MWAM is not real, and you have 2 days, 5 hours, 11 minutes in which to do it...

Metamorphisis
I'll sum it up short and sweet and you'll have to accept that for now - 'cause I'm about to goto job #2...

First - MWAM is the first thing that comes to mind. It's just to damn obvious! I had that thought before I left the theater, but it takes credibility away from the movie and provides a never ending matrix:
MWAMWAMWAMWAMWAMWAMWAMWAMWAMWAMWAMWAMWAMWAMWAM........ :P

You could go on forever and still be inside a matrix.

2) Zion would not have to be destroyed if such was a scenario.

3) It would require to many movies to resolve the issues and end the story.

I will admit that there is not a whole lot of evidence given in the movies - but there's no evidence given that there is a MWAM either. But I'm not going to go into a long drawn out theoretical view with supporting evidence on this subject...I gotta goto work. sad

Osiris
i know it but cant explain it sad

priestjim
Interesting point about the out-of-Matrix Neo powers, Meta. Let me add something. If 2 ships that are in each other's EMP range, fire an EMP then they would both drop down dead. EMP does not affect only the sentinels! And there is no such thing as shields. What happened was that Bane killed the crew of his ship and activated EMP rendering all the other fellow ships unprotected. That's why it was a slaughter. The other ships could not resist the attack! And, believe me, Sentinels want Bane dead.

Metamorphisis
Priest

I wasn't clear on that? I know that EMP would destroy all the ships within range, as well as sentinals.

Smith, who is inside Bane's body -- and has access to the wireless transmissions from the Machine mainframe -- would know the Sentinals were out of range, or even tell them to stay out of range (transmitting back to the mainframe). While the ships were still positioning, he'd fire the EMP disabling the 5 ships that he did and allowing the Sentinals to kill the crew, but they would skip over him because they would realize that he is just a program hacked into a human body. Follow? smile

clavis9495
who wants me to do the honours to close this thread?? We should make a subject like is the matrix real or not a note so we can just all shut up about it!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.