Marka Ragnos vs. Abeloth

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Marka beat his Terantek, but can he beat the tentacled beast?

*Abeloth is at full power

*Ragnos is the KMC version where he can be featless and still be amazing

Stealth Moose
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-Qcctan4C-tQ/VXeR8xyaU7I/AAAAAAABJgg/J_I6p2BWDbs/w400-h216/ueXojpN.gif

Narration calls Sids the most powerful, even if it's third person limited. KMC sucks it up like a prostitute on a slow weekend.

Narration calls Ragnos the strongest of the strongest in an era of talented Sith Force users, via third person ominiscient. KMC claims featless, begins petty campaign to stomp feet electronically.

Shit, is this 2006 or 2016? Aside from name changes and avatars, I can't tell the difference.

carthage
Can Ragnos use Sith sorcery?

Stealth Moose
Can Elvis gyrate his hips?

That question is as useful as handles on a nuclear warhead.

carthage
What if Ragnos had his scepter?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
What if Abeloth was replaced by Doomsday that would be a great physical matchup

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by carthage
What if Ragnos had his scepter?

What if he had the Delorean?

He's not walking into the fight naked. It's most likely standard gear, considering he kept his fighting sword in it.

Could he take Abeloth? I don't know. From what little I remember of her, not on a good day. She was prodigiously powerful in the Force.

AncientPower
She was over a dozen times the strength of FOTJ Luke Skywalker, this is a laughably obvious stomp, exactly as Carthage intended.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by AncientPower
She was over a dozen times the strength of FOTJ Luke Skywalker, this is a laughably obvious stomp, exactly as Carthage intended.

https://hdiddydollar.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/spite.jpg

It's a natural knee-jerk response though. Challenge the status quo and people react aggressively.

AncientPower
The biggest irony of course being that the TOR brigade and their ally were once the recipients of ridicule at the hands of the PT brigade, and yet, now that they have some measure of status in the mythos, they go on to treat other eras the same.

Ebb and flow, my old friend, ebb and flow.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The "TOR brigade" has never shit on the PT or NJO/Legacy eras.

AncientPower
Neither of those eras are the ones I refer to, as you well know.

Emperordmb
Funny thing is FOTJ Abeloth isn't even remotely peak Abeloth.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The "TOR Brigade" shitting on KOTOR 2 = the era shitting on itself. Do you have any idea how conservative we are in ranking TOR characters relative to the feats of the protagonists in vanilla TOR?

AncientPower
Well Luke was sensing the full being at the time, we just never see Abeloth at full strength in a combat situation.

Emperordmb
Well Luke was sensing the full being at the time, we just never see Abeloth at full strength in a combat situation.
Except we know she's evidently greater than or comparable to the Son and Daughter together.

AncientPower
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The "TOR Brigade" shitting on KOTOR 2 = the era shitting on itself. Do you have any idea how conservative we are in ranking TOR characters relative to the feats of the protagonists in vanilla TOR?

I know exactly what the bunch of you have been doing for years, and Kotor is hardly your only victim.

AncientPower
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Except we know she's evidently greater than or comparable to the Son and Daughter together.

Hence 'see', her actual combative appearances are laughably below her supposedly god-like levels of prowess.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
DMB is saying that the "full being" Luke sensed isn't close to Abeloth at her peak. Which is 100% true.

Emperordmb
Hence 'see', her actual combative appearances are laughably below her supposedly god-like levels of prowess.
Well her greatest points are either

1. When she's in her own original body and not an avatar body and subdues the Son and Daughter (since her avatar bodies are indeed limiting)

2. When she's reached the point in the progression of her escape where she's assimilated planets and is wiping out civilizations.

She's noted to be weakened by imprisonment iirc and the longer she's out of her confinement the more powerful she becomes, and in FOTJ she was apparently approaching the point where the mortals of the Galaxy would have no hope of stopping her. Her escape in FOTJ hardly progressed to nearly the same extent as her other escapes.

MythLord
Marka beats her like he beat his pet poodle after dinner.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by MythLord
Marka beats her like he beat his pet poodle after dinner.

Pet terantetek*

Emperordmb
How do you think this fight would go Jmagamahfjan?

MythLord
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Pet terantetek*

Abeloth eats planets for breakfast... How is punching a terantetek gonna accomplish anything against her?

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Emperordmb
How do you think this fight would go Jmagamahfjan? Abeloth stomps.

It took a lot of heavy hitters to take her down, and when Luke was one of those heavy hitters, Ragnos' sits at the kids table.

You guys seem to believe that just because I think Ragnos is worthy of all his hype, I believe he can take anyone, thats not true.

Every character in SW has a limit.

...Except for the Bedlam Spirits, but thats really beside the point.

Jmanghan
Abeloth eats planets for breakfast... How is punching a terantetek gonna accomplish anything against her? I didn't say that at all.

Abeloth wins with minimal difficulty.

MythLord
I didn't say that at all.

Abeloth wins with minimal difficulty.

Eeeehh... Ragnos can surely give her a good fight.

Jmanghan
Eeeehh... Ragnos can surely give her a good fight.

Abeloth was contending with Darth Krayt, Luke Skywalker, Oneness Ben Skywalker, etc.

Tons of heavy hitters.

...And she wasn't even in her prime.

MythLord
Abeloth was contending with Darth Krayt, Luke Skywalker, Oneness Ben Skywalker, etc.

Tons of heavy hitters.

...And she wasn't even in her prime.

I know. I'm trolling, lad, relax. Abeloth one-shots Ragnos.

Jmanghan
I know. I'm trolling, lad, relax. Abeloth one-shots Ragnos. ...Thats not true either, because people that would get destroyed by Ragnos were in the battle, and they survived.

MythLord
...Thats not true either, because people that would get destroyed by Ragnos were in the battle, and they survived.

You mean people that would destroy Ragnos, right? Also, they only survived because of Luke and Krayt, tbh.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.