Darth Plaguies vs Marka Ragnos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
Who takes this?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Plagueis, but Ragnos very much makes him work for the victory.

The Ellimist
Plagueis, and I don't think Ragnos really puts up much of a fight.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Does one such as you even think, tho

The Ellimist
You're right, like Luke in TUF, my brain does not even seem to be present, just a maelstrom of brilliance smile

chingchangwalla
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Plagueis, but Ragnos very much makes him work for the victory.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by The Ellimist
You're right, like Luke in TUF, my brain does not even seem to be present, just a maelstrom of brilliance smile

I'm telling you TUF = Peak Luke

The Ellimist
And peak Ellimist > Reborn Gideon >>>>>> novel Nai smile

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Peak Ellimist is universe-level, but Reborn Gideon can destroy the multiverse with his analytical storms

FreshestSlice
And yet KMC continues.

The Merchant
Ragnos.

Emperordmb
Plagueis, and I don't think Ragnos really puts up much of a fight.

AncientPower
Ragnos obviously gives Plagueis a very hard fight, Luke had no idea what to do at the thought of an ancient Sith like Ragnos returning fully. He doubted the entire academy could stop him, after his prior experience with a weakened Kun spirit.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
thumb up

The idea of Ragnos literally getting stomped just seems utterly insane to me.

AncientPower
Honestly, it's even better wank for Kun given that Luke doesn't think that he, Kyle Katarn and the rest are enough to take on Ragnos.

chingchangwalla
I know it will never happen but if you were Disney, would you think about making an animated show starring someone from the Ragnos, Sadow and Kressh era? I mean you have a bit of info to work with and couldn't stuff much up since little is written about Ragnos. The only problem is that it would have to be kid friendly and couldn't show Ragnos ****ing people up, which is shit. I'm more interested in ancient sith than anything else and can't be ****ed reading any more books.

AncientPower
Disney couldn't give a shit about a comic series from the 90's, they barely give a shit about a $200,000,000 EA MMORPG.

NewGuy01
Luke literally just said that they didn't know what Ragnos would be capable of were he revived. It astonishes me that people even qualify that scene as wank for Ragnos. If anything that scene was wank for Kun, who IIRC Luke *implies* was very dangerous, but even then it's incredibly mediocre.

AncientPower
It's a little more complicated than that, though I agree it gets taken out of context a lot(CoughNaiCough).

MythLord
Ragnos wins without too much issue. It's implied his spirit damn-near killed Sidious, who by the point of TPM is rivalling/surpassing his master.

NewGuy01
>Thinks his spirit could kill Sidious
>Couldn't kill Jaden Korr with a body

Jmanghan
Nah, he's "trolling".

MythLord
Originally posted by NewGuy01
>Thinks his spirit could kill Sidious

I don't think so, Book of the Sith does smile

Originally posted by NewGuy01
>Couldn't kill Jaden Korr with a body

The body of a pathetic host that probably couldn't even endure having Ragnos inside her. And after a failed attempt at ressurection that would've weakened Marka. smile

The Ellimist
Originally posted by AncientPower
Ragnos obviously gives Plagueis a very hard fight, Luke had no idea what to do at the thought of an ancient Sith like Ragnos returning fully. He doubted the entire academy could stop him, after his prior experience with a weakened Kun spirit.

Kun is more powerful than Ragnos, and Plagueis is more powerful than JA Luke.

AncientPower
Living yes, but a fully resurrected Marka Ragnos is undoubtedly more powerful than the spirit of Exar Kun.

The Ellimist
The spirit of Kun + Kyp Durron + Luke being surrounded and not knowing sith sorcery. And there's no reason to think that living Ragnos is above spirit Exar and Kyp to a greater degree than Plagueis is above JA Luke.

AncientPower
I'm not sure Plagueis even is that far above Master Luke Skywalker at all. Luke advancing beyond being a genuine threat to Darth Vader in ROTJ by Dark Empire and then improving again by Jedi Academy puts him fairly high. Note that Luke is improving by every mission in the NR era.

The Ellimist
Plagueis won't be flabbergasted by sith sorcery, and he will be facing a flesh and blood enemy he can actually hit, rather than Kun materializing tendrils from walls.

AncientPower
Darth Plagueis isn't a sorcerer, infact a major point of his advancement is that he lacks the talent for it early on. Tenebrous himself states so. It takes taking the rend in the Force produced by Tenebrous' master engulfing the galaxy, for Plagueis to finally get the gist of things. I.E an artificial advancement via his ritual with Sidious. A farcry from a life-long master of the dark arts of sorcery like Marka Ragnos.

The Ellimist
So what if it took him a while? We're assuming peak Plagueis, who was able to conjure sorcery via sheer force of will. He's not getting into a sorcery duel with Ragnos, he just needs the time to cut his head off or crush his neck.

AncientPower
Assuming Plagueis can physically match a Sith capable of beating this thing nightly:

http://static.swtor-spy.com/img/codex/cdx.bestiary.warrior.beast_of_marka_ragnos.png

Marka Ragnos was infamous for his physical stature among Sith like Ludo Kressh, who shattered a massive Sith sword by smacking it against a stone floor. I highly doubt Plagueis is winning by any kind of physical margin.

Ziggystardust
It's funny to watch The Ellimist crying in every thread, as his sway of the hordes dwindles.

The Ellimist
Assuming Plagueis can physically match a Sith capable of beating this thing nightly:

http://static.swtor-spy.com/img/codex/cdx.bestiary.warrior.beast_of_marka_ragnos.png

Marka Ragnos was infamous for his physical stature among Sith like Ludo Kressh, who shattered a massive Sith sword by smacking it against a stone floor. I highly doubt Plagueis is winning by any kind of physical margin.

laughing Plagueis was punching through armor, dancing through hundreds of warriors at the same time without getting hit, vaporizing half a dozen armored soldiers with Force waves and making Sidious wary to confront him. That's more impressive in my book.

AncientPower
Why are you bringing telekinesis into a physical debate?

The idea that Marka Ragnos can't punch through armor(lol) and can't face hundreds physically is pretty funny, especially when his inferior Naga Sadow was said to be capable of basically slaughtering a Massassi swarm busting army of Sith purebloods with relative ease.

Ziggystardust

laughing out loud

Ziggystardust
AP round-housing tbh.

MythLord
Naga talking down the intelligent massassi that required wit and extreme strategizing to plow through just a few waves of mutated brutes = extreme army busting for days!

The Ellimist

Why are we limiting this confrontation to a physical one? Lol.

I was only responding to your claim that beating up a takata and breaking a magic sword proves Ragnos is superior physically to Plagueis which somehow is the tipping point.

Plagueis is canonically more powerful ("the most powerful Sith Lord who had ever lived"wink, is cosmologically potent to the point of altering weather patterns via his presence and unbalancing the Force itself through meditation, is the holder of vastly superior martial demonstrations, and can powerscale himself to be on par with TPM Sidious. Ragnos holds no advantage in feats or accolades, his only selling point is that his fancy name and status of living a long time ago give him a powerful legion of wankers.

MS Warehouse
Think Ellimist is over his head as usual.

The Ellimist
@Ziggy I feel like responding to you on sdn and shattering your silly little persona there. But on Kmc, you're useless. On ignore you go. thumb up

Ziggystardust
Originally posted by MS Warehouse
Think Ellimist is over his head as usual.

Ziggystardust
@Ziggy I feel like responding to you on sdn and shattering your silly little persona there. But on Kmc, you're useless. On ignore you go. thumb up

Then the battle has already been won laughing out loud

AncientPower
A Terentatek is a physical monstrosity and Ragnos' specific beast was so powerful that its dark side presence was enough to cause a genuine tremor in the Force upon its death. These things are Rancors on steroids and they've killed the likes of the Qel-Dromas before.

Ragnos is infamous for being physically enormous among the Sith of his time, and the ability to thrash a powerful Terentatek nightly is on another level. Naga Sadow appears to be able to dual wield Sith swords in combat, which is a physical feat reserved for the most monstrous Massassi warriors. Again, he's nothing next to the immense physical strength of Marka Ragnos.

We can debate in terms of the Force but you claimed that Plagueis essentially ends it easily with a grnuine combat besides a Force exchange.

@WollfMyth

The Massassi Warriors wiped out the alchemically enhanced brutes throughout the neteorks of temples, yet they had no illusions about defeating Naga Sadow, knowing they'd all likely die trying. Evidently, busting armies and not getting injured is hardly unprecedented.

Beniboybling
Living yes, but a fully resurrected Marka Ragnos is undoubtedly more powerful than the spirit of Exar Kun. Why do you think that?

AncientPower
Because Exar Kun isn't so much more powerful than Marka Ragnos in life that even his spirit is superior.

The_Tempest
AP, can you please give me a TL;DR version of where Ragnos compares to Plagueis and why?

Beniboybling
A missed spirit, so you think he can beat Plagueis?

Also considering Marka's pet was ultimately defeated by a (prodigal) Sith adept and an even weaker Khem Val, I'm not convinced Plagueis would have any difficulty with it. Not when he's plunging his fists into torsos, smashing skulls and spines when mortally injured and 30 years before his prime.

Deronn_solo
Plagueis, quite handily.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Why do people think Nox defeated the beast of Ragnos? It was the freaking Wrath.

Beniboybling
Oh yeah lol they killed a different one.

Kinda even less impressive tbh. mmm

Nephthys
No, the Wrath is the one with shitloads of personal power and strength, Nox uses spirits. Wrath would be likely far stronger than Nox at the start of the game.

Beniboybling
Meh I doubt that, Nox was probably notably more powerful than the Wrath in his prime anyway.

Regardless, they are all scrubs in comparison to Plagueis.

Petrus
I'm not sure if scrubs, but Plagueis is obviously above them.

Beniboybling
Nah when you consider that Plagueis is in the same league as Master Yoda and B-team blitzing Sheev, they are scrubs.

The Ellimist
The protags couldn't do shit to Revan, and Revan wouldn't be able to do much more than mild shit to Plagueis.

Petrus
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Nah when you consider that Plagueis is in the same league as Master Yoda and B-team blitzing Sheev, they are scrubs.

I consider Plagueis half a tier below Yoda and Sidious, though. And tbh, Nox is above every B-Team member individually, at least in terms of Force power.

Plagueis would beat Nox, maybe without too much difficulty, but I don't think it would be a stomp.

The protags couldn't do shit to Revan, and Revan wouldn't be able to do much more than mild shit to Plagueis.

I disagree. SoR Revan would not be shit to Plagueis.

Beniboybling
Friend we are talking Nox & the Wrath at trainees though. wink

Petrus
Friend we are talking Nox & the Wrath at trainees though. wink

Ah. Then oops. smile

Nephthys
Meh I doubt that, Nox was probably notably more powerful than the Wrath in his prime anyway.

Regardless, they are all scrubs in comparison to Plagueis.

The Wrath spends their time at the academy gets blowjobs for his immense strength while Nox gets spit on constantly. He also gets personally picked by one of the strongest Sith in the Empire as his apprentice, defeats the most promising student there and defeats one of the most celebrated instructors in Sith history while still at the academy. Nox gets picked up by a relatively obscure Lord like Zash and is treated like a nobody.

Then take a look at Dromund Kaas. Nox needs to cripple Skotia while the Wrath just rocks up to Gratham and teabags him.

Petrus
Originally posted by Nephthys
The Wrath spends their time at the academy gets blowjobs for his immense strength while Nox gets spit on constantly. He also gets personally picked by one of the strongest Sith in the Empire as his apprentice, defeats the most promising student there and defeats one of the most celebrated instructors in Sith history while still at the academy. Nox gets picked up by a relatively obscure Lord like Zash and is treated like a nobody.

Then take a look at Dromund Kaas. Nox needs to cripple Skotia while the Wrath just rocks up to Gratham and teabags him.

Nox getting 'spit on constantly' is due to his status as slave, not to his lack of strength or power compared to anyone. In fact, he was clearly superior to one of the most skilled acolytes in the Academy and powerful enough to cruise through every single one of his trials, most like the Wrath.

And you can't know if Gratham is actually more powerful than Skotia, tbh.

Nox and the Wrath both shit on everything thrown at them in Korriban. One is hardly more impressive than the other. Mid-game, however, Nox > Wrath.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Petrus
Nox getting 'spit on constantly' is due to his status as slave, not to his lack of strength or power compared to anyone. In fact, he was clearly superior to one of the most skilled acolytes in the Academy and powerful enough to cruise through every single one of his trials, most like the Wrath.

And you can't know if Gratham is actually more powerful than Skotia, tbh.

Nox and the Wrath both shit on everything thrown at them in Korriban. One is hardly more impressive than the other. Mid-game, however, Nox > Wrath.

Yeah, but if Nox were truly as powerful as the Wrath was even with their status as a slave they'd get more respect and fear imo. I think the Wrath is just portrayed as naturally superior at this point and that continues throughout the game. They're one of the most high-profile and powerful Sith all the way through the game while Nox is only so after they get their spirits. Not that Nox isn't powerful in her own right, she does defeat a high power Jedi Master on Alderaan and killed Sith Lords as of Dromund Kaas, but I still don't think she's on the Wraths level.

True, but the fact remains that Nox + Khem still needed to cripple Skotia while the Wrath made Gratham eat shit and then ****ed his wife with Vette watching (this actually happens).

Not in terms of her natural strength. Natural strength Nox got utterly shat on by Thanaton while the Wrath didn't need any amps to defeat Baras, Sel-Makor, Vengean or Ekkage.

Petrus
Originally posted by Nephthys
Yeah, but if Nox were truly as powerful as the Wrath was even with their status as a slave they'd get more respect and fear imo.

I just don't see this, tbh. He firmly over-achieves on every single trial, and Harkun purposely makes each one of them more difficult for him than the rest of the hopefuls. He's so much more powerful than the rest that Zash feels the need to tell Harkun to stop his bullshit and accept Nox's power. Him not getting respect is due to Harkun's supremacist pure-blood ideals and his racism towards aliens .

True , but still, Gratham could very well be > Skotia, or vice-versa. I'm reluctant to find one more impressive than the other due to the lack of knowledge we have on either Sith.

Baras and Vengean don't impress me much, tbh. I give you Sel-Makor, but he was aided by a Jedi Master when facing Ekkage.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.