Could Snoke be a relic of the Ancient Sith Empire?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Truculent
In the novel when Snoke is speaking to Kylo, he makes a reference to when he was watching The Empire. He spoke of the mistakes that Palpatine and Vader made. Leah told Han that Snoke had been watching Kylo since birth. Now here comes the kicker - my opinion.

Could Snoke be actually a relic of the Ancient Sith Empire/Brotherhood of Darkness? The books state that Bane destroyed the Sith on Ruusan establishing the rule of two, but it wouldn't make sense to deploy all forces on one system. Would Disney be radical enough to resurrect the Sith Empire through the First Order?

Opinions anyone?

Nephthys
It would be interesting to learn more about the Nu Canon's lore about the Ancient Sith. Maybe it will finally make sense how Sidious claimed the Sith would "once more" rule the galaxy.

MS Warehouse
If you're looking for any sick twists, you've come to the wrong franchise. They made that abundantly clear with TFA.

FreshestSlice
Tbh

NewGuy01
No, honestly. And the less we learn about the Ancient Sith in canon, the better IMO.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by NewGuy01
No, honestly. And the less we learn about the Ancient Sith in canon, the better IMO.

Like that'll ever happen, eventually that era will be explored.

FreshestSlice
You say that like he said it wouldn't.

Zenwolf
/Shrug

May not have said it, but thinking it? Mhm.

quanchi112
Originally posted by MS Warehouse
If you're looking for any sick twists, you've come to the wrong franchise. They made that abundantly clear with TFA. laughing out loud

Darth Abonis
I think Snoke is a surviving Inquisitor, since he was around at the era of the empire and knows the dark side, but isn't a Sith

Nephthys
It's Ezra.

Fated Xtasy
It's secretly Revan

quanchi112
Plagueis.

smile

Deronn_solo
It's Padme.

smile

MS Warehouse
Jar jar

quanchi112
Too far.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Nephthys
It's Ezra.

But seriously, doe... thumb up

The Ellimist
If he's an ancient sith then he's obviously weaker than Palpatine. smile

FreshestSlice
It's Ezra.
Ayyyyyy

The Merchant
I personally believe Snoke will be a New Canon Rakata, the signs are there. First Order was founded in the Unknown Regions, Rakata Prime is acknowledged in the new canon, the Starkiller Base is like a super version of the Star Forge in terms of absorbing star energy, etc.

Emperordmb
Something interesting, in Aftermath Tashu (some Sith fetishist dude who advised Sheev) commented about Palpatine talking about how dark side power came from the unknown regions and Tashu suggested that was where the empire would find the strength to resurge. He got captured before anything could happen and the other imperials didn't listen to him anyways, but I wonder if that relates to Snoke.

NewGuy01
I think so; similar stuff was leaked about the Knights of Ren way back when, Iirc.

MS Warehouse
Sounds stupid

FreshestSlice
Which is perfect for NUCanon, so I'm not seeing the problem.

Petrus
Originally posted by NewGuy01
But seriously, doe... thumb up

Snoke doesn't look human, doe... Or does he?

Nephthys
I can't tell if he's a deformed human or an alien tbh.

The Ellimist
He's supposed to be like seven feet tall.

Petrus
Then alien confirmed.

Darth Truculent
There is another possibility that has not been explored . . . could Snoke be Darth Bane? There is a possibility that Bane transferred his Force essence into Darth Zannah so it is plausible that Bane passed himself down through the ages looking for the perfect 'host' - Kylo?

NewGuy01
We already saw his wraith, doe.

quanchi112
I can't tell if he's a deformed human or an alien tbh. Voldemort lives on in the Star Wars universe.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.